FoL Awards 2023 - Discussion Thread

Nominate cream for most enjoyable

I dont know if this is a category but her engaging personality in scum chat along with her constant memong on town was pretty great. I appreciated this.

3 Likes

the category exists but you’re in the wrong thread

Honestly good call @Achromatic I think you’re right there in that nom.

2 Likes

I need to prove myself to be better in the next games.

1 Like

giving all three of the fun awards a category for “game” is

not very helpful
since it only partially applies to one award, in specific circumstances
can it be changed to the explaination for the “meme”/mvp/moment, rather then being blank and having the “meme” explaination be filled out next to their name
or just be outright removed

addendum: otherwise im personally using it for the explaination (for best “meme” (and funniest moment now that i remember it wasn’t replaced)) it looks sooooo much neater

1 Like

and also change performance awards to read Player/Team instead of player, given these awards
i probably don’t have to ask about this but

and hosting awards aswell, “team of hosts”, not solely one person

1 Like

get chromatic’d

2 Likes

unlike champs, I reject atlas denial of the award

3 Likes

town leader is about leading town to the correct direction
The game would have been much, much, harder if jaiden didn’t die d1.
It would have been much much harder if zone didn’t get a bomb on them

1 Like

I probably should’ve put that post here, huh. But yeah, the only reason we were able to take advantage of that mech was because Atlas carried. They played so well that the game looked like a foregone conclusion from very early on.

the game was already in town’s hands from the very start
if it was a 8v5 and mafia didnt get rid of at least 3 of the insta confirms they’d have lost

1 Like

Disagree
The game was only in town hands because mafia played badly and you capaltiized on their misplay.

2 Likes

Mafia had the power to end the day two times in a row, securing two night kills and a additional janitor. They had the power to also strongman vig someone too. Mafia had an insane amount of utility to stop town and kill them lol

2 Likes

there was 7 nontown in the game
2 friendly neutrals, one of which is confirmed, and the other can be confirmed, meaning nine total confirms of non-mafia
there was 21 players in the game
about half could prove themselves to be good
thats just not fair enough to say that i was the definitive plank between winning and losing

I was watching the game
If mafia actually killed twice in a row, they still had a decent chance iirc

1 Like

Confirms mean nothing if the town didn’t organize themselbes tbh

We literally tried to execute Kiiruma the instant you stepped away for a moment. The fact that you put so much effort into the mechanics of the game is what made it look easy to you, but without your hard work, we would’ve tripped over ourselves a million times.

2 Likes

but you could’ve figured that out if you had looked at it
if you want to phrase it that way everyone else was just mildly worse then i was

1 Like

that’s mafia for you

3 Likes

Anyone could have figured out what you did. But we didn’t. It’s the same for any good town performance. Yeah, anyone could find the scum given effort and skill. That’s the point. You put in effort and you had skill.

Mafia is a team game, no victory is ever going to be entirely attributable to just one person, but it can get pretty damn close, and this is one such case.

1 Like