FoL Awards 2023 - Discussion Thread

this isn’t a formal ruling but my intuition is that it makes total sense to allow BotF to be nominated for Best Use of PR/similar awards, and does not make sense for like Forumganronpa or VLDR to be nominated for Best Use of PR

idk the best way to reconcile this

3 Likes

i wanted to do a like
group nomination of some kind but
if i had to narrow it down to one thing i would claim that Bella’s use of her Damsel role was the most impressive thing
Kii played a very solid game too! but I think the part about him using his role was pretty average. he converted a player d1 and that player did stuff for the mafia. the part that made his play shine was the social elements and mechanical savviness not related to his role

2 Likes

that would be best misc performance by bella

may i suggest “common sense”

7 Likes

touche

1 Like

nowadays that’s in short supply

wait shit

4 Likes

didn’t botc specifically go through the misc thing because it had no shot to pass the mafia queue

i dont think that diminishes anything about the play itself

1 Like

I read through the play and while I don’t understand any of it, I assume it was impressive.

Feels intuitively wrong though to not have a different category when BOTC plays by different rules in the first place, there’s a lot more potential in BOTC for PR plays compared to mafia

But you could argue that different mafia setups also have differing amount of potentials so I’m not really sure whether a new category is even necessary

3 Likes

thats fair
i just kinda wanted to get the recognition out there before it was forgotten
i didnt really know which category was best

2 Likes

Nominate cream for most enjoyable

I dont know if this is a category but her engaging personality in scum chat along with her constant memong on town was pretty great. I appreciated this.

3 Likes

the category exists but you’re in the wrong thread

Honestly good call @Achromatic I think you’re right there in that nom.

2 Likes

I need to prove myself to be better in the next games.

1 Like

giving all three of the fun awards a category for “game” is

not very helpful
since it only partially applies to one award, in specific circumstances
can it be changed to the explaination for the “meme”/mvp/moment, rather then being blank and having the “meme” explaination be filled out next to their name
or just be outright removed

addendum: otherwise im personally using it for the explaination (for best “meme” (and funniest moment now that i remember it wasn’t replaced)) it looks sooooo much neater

1 Like

and also change performance awards to read Player/Team instead of player, given these awards
i probably don’t have to ask about this but

and hosting awards aswell, “team of hosts”, not solely one person

1 Like

get chromatic’d

2 Likes

unlike champs, I reject atlas denial of the award

3 Likes

town leader is about leading town to the correct direction
The game would have been much, much, harder if jaiden didn’t die d1.
It would have been much much harder if zone didn’t get a bomb on them

1 Like