Nominations close in a week

3 Likes

NOMINATIONS WITHOUT A COMPETITOR

• Best Scum Performance, single player, special game
  • Best Town Performance, group, vanilla game
  • Best Town Performance, group, special game
  • Best Scum Performance, group, special game
  • Best Replacement Player

I cannot make these nominations, as I was technically a part of the towns involved, but there were two more town ~sweeps of vanilla games this year that I think are worth highlighting (I did not much contribute to either LOL):

• Binary Stars Hydra Vig10, where the only misexecution was me D1; the counterwagon to us, who were a wolf, were shot N1, and then the other wolf hydra were hammered unanimously D2.
    It was an excellent performance from all the townies involved. You cannot win a game on D2 (with, again, a unanimous wolf execution) without an excellent performance from pretty much everyone involved.
    Shoutout especially to Zone and Achro, who were the JoaT who shot the first wolf, and Cream and Psyx, who cased the second wolf thoroughly and convincingly on D2.
  • One Step From Eden, where, again, there was only one misexecution… on a tie between a wolf and the townie both wolves (and me :crogge:) stacked on. Not only were both wolves executed the next two days, not a single townie was nightkilled the entire game because of Eliza’s excellent PR play, which has already been nominated. Even outside Eliza’s play, town was active and talkative and solved well this game, and the only townie who made a vote resulting in another townie’s death was me.

I think there’s a tendency to see town sweeps as the wolves playing poorly rather than town playing well, but the wolves in these games easily could’ve gone under the radar if town were less thorough, observant, good at finding each other, et cetera. Winning wolves make mistakes all the time, that’s how mafia works, and the skill of a town is measured by how good they are at spotting and capitalising on these mistakes. You can’t make a read until a wolf says something wolfy! Think about how many games You, the Reader, have DVC warriored in as town failed to spot tells. These towns did not!

These performances are absolutely worth highlighting with an award! I was the cause of both misexecutions in these otherwise perfect games. If I could nominate everybody but myself in these towns I would

1 Like

Also gonna nominate Magnus for Best Replacement player, they consistently replace into games and have had some excellent performances in the ones they do. Need for Speed got nominated individually, Mountainous AMQ was an excellent replacement wolf performance, they also replaced in and did well in One Step From Eden, Hell Echoes, Grand Idea, etc etc et al. Obvious nom

Also nominating FAM3 if Marluxion is immediately killed for best meme. Life could be dream

5 Likes

Nominate Frostwolf for Best Scum Performance in a special game for his performance in April Showers

This was an unfortunate losing effort, however while the rest of his scum team was POE’d in short order and eradicated Frostwolf kept up with the top poster for town’s extremely high WIM and fought, fought, and fought until the very end despite extremely difficult circumstances. He used every trick in the book, every doubt town had about itself, to imo play as optimally as he could. There were many make or break moments in the game, and despite getting kills blocked at least twice if not for a ‘do or die’ successful turn around at lylo by town then Frost would have super hard carried his team to a win here. This is, to me, especially impressive considering just the game before he was obvious scum and easily routed in a town sweep in tales of the abyss mafia.

1 Like

also I have been in too many games this year all the group awards I cant nominate for lol

1 Like

some special shout outs to groups I THINK DESERVE AWARDS outside of myself (I am very smelly)

April showers town where everyone figured out all 3 neighbors were town and kind of bullied the 3p (except the survivor who we won it for) and mafia so badly that we were able to get paranoid and still recover for a fairly convincing win

oh

nominate saving private gauva for best meme/moment.

In april showers we all decided guava was in fact survivor and he worked with us to win it with town, and it was beautiful.

2 Likes

/nominate Purgatory II for Best Town Performance, group, vanilla game
I’m not sure if this game counts but I’ll chuck it in just in case.
Town had a high accuracy rate.
From what I remember, just about everyone had a solid PoE.

2 Likes

I second this

2 Likes

Agreed to this!

1 Like

It would be AI Upick where I shined my first 3P killer victory with full mafia team alive.

I second the magnus best replacement thing

1 Like

This was completely unpropmted and Litten just decided to do this out of his own random free will and desires

1 Like

Did you know that 3 1 4 2 5 3 0 0 1 2 3 4 5 4 3 2 1 plus dying 101 times + one of those deaths being from spikes upward and downwards and typing in JMBT02 and tying 12345 to get different color elephants and painting the entire walls and having corpses shoot at 1 and 0 and doing DOWN DOWN UP UO LEFT DIGHT LEFT RIGHT A B leads to a win?

1 Like

Anything may tells me for the next hour I’m doing without thinking

1 Like

Second!