Binary Stars Hydra JoaT10 - Town wins!

Welcome to Binary Stars Hydra JoaT10, hosted by @Arete and @eevee on @Host_Account_2!

Rules:

• Follow the Global Rules and Forum Game Rules.
    • To ensure the game runs smoothly, players who fail to meet the requirement of 15 substantive, on-topic posts will be immediately replaced. Players who zero-post in the first 24 hours of a day phase without informing the hosts in advance may also be replaced (if you must miss the first 24 hours, inform the hosts). These requirements may be adjusted if the day ends early due to majority.
  • Refrain from excessive ATE (appeals to emotion). Excessive ATE includes, but is not limited to, statements that directly say or imply that something in the game is having a negative impact on someone’s out of game relationships or well-being. Ordinary manipulation is still allowed.
  • I will be closely monitoring the thread for toxicity, harassment, and excessive ATE. However, please do not hesitate to bring problematic posts to my attention if you believe I missed them.
  • All slots must be two-player hydras. The identity of both heads of each hydra must be outed.

Hydras

• All slots must join as hydras consisting of two players. Those players share a slot, role, alignment, etc.
  • Players should make a hydra account and inform me of their username.
  • Hydra accounts will be given titles consisting of the names of the players in the hydra.
  • Hydra accounts may communicate however they want (Discord, forum PM, etc.) but must add hosts to any communications.

Role List

Vanilla Town x7
Town Jack-of-all-Trades x1
Mafia Goon x2

All roles will be flavored around binary star systems. Flavor is randomized and not role or alignment indicative.

Sample role PMs:

Summary

Cygnus X-1, Vanilla Town

You are Cygnus X-1, Vanilla Town. Your only weapons are your voice and your vote.
Defeat the Mafia.

Cygnus X-1, Town Jack-of-All-Trades

You are Cygnus X-1, Town Jack-of-all-Trades. You have access to the following abilities, each of which may only be used once.

• Tracker: Target a player to learn who they visit that night.
  • Jailkeeper: Target a player to roleblock them and protect them from the factional kill.
  • Vigilante: Kill a player.
    Defeat the Mafia.

Cygnus X-1, Mafia Goon

You are Cygnus X-1, Mafia Goon. You and your partner share an assigned factional kill, which must be used every night.
Reach parity with the Town.

JoaT Tracker Feedback

“Your target did not visit anyone last night!”
“Your target visited [name] last night!”

Gameplay

• The set-up is a 10 player setup with 7 Vanilla Townies, 1 Town JoaT, and 2 Mafia Goons.
  • Days are 48 hours unless majority is reached early and nights are 24 hours. SoD/EoD will occur at 2023-01-02T02:00:00Z on the relevant day (9:00 PM Eastern Time).
  • Executions are majority and plurality.
  • No-execute is a valid vote, and may be hammered to end the day early. In cases where no-execute and another vote are tied at the end of the day, no-execute will have priority in the rand. In all other cases of a tie, the execution will be determined at random from among the tied players.
  • Self-votes are considered valid votes.
  • Votes are locked in LyLo (execute-or-lose) scenarios, but not in MyLo (misexecute-and-lose) scenarios. That is to say, in situations where town must execute correctly or lose, the first vote cast by a given player is final and cannot be changed.
  • All votes must follow the official voting format, using vote tags.
  • The Mafia will communicate through a private Discord server.
  • The factional kill is mandatory. If no valid kill is submitted, the kill will be randomized among members of the Town.
  • The factional kill is assigned to a specific member of the Mafia. If no member is specified, it will be assigned to the member who submitted the nightkill. If no nightkill was submitted, it will be randomized and the Mafia will be informed of who carried the kill.

Player List

1. AerieRaffles (Kanave + guavagudetama)
  2. bostonflours (May + Suit Guy) - Executed day 1, Vanilla Town
  3. BigFooled (BigQ + Garfooled)
  4. SonicAndKnuckles (lol + dota)
  5. LeafiaButWorse (Leafia + YouButWorse)
  6. SquidSisters (ElizaThePsycho + Jaiden)
  7. Neon_Genesis_Marluxion (Neon + Marluxion)
  8. terranceleehew (SirDerpsALot + his IRL friend) - Died night 1, Mafia Goon
  9. Monochromatic (Achromatic + Zone_Q11) - Died night 1, Town JoaT
  10. Orochimeowru (Cream + Psyx)

Backups

Spectators

Milestones

EoD1/SoD2

Pregame Flavor

“Alright, class,” said Professor eevee as the students entered the astronomy classroom. “Are all of you ready to give your group presentations on your binary stars reports?”

The students nodded unenthusiastically. The report and presentation together were worth 40% of their grade, but even so, many of them had only started them the night before.

“Unfortunately, I have an announcement to make before the presentations,” said Professor Arete. “According to our IT team, two pairs of students accessed ChatGPT during the worktime we had for the report. If you’ll recall, the syllabus explicitly disallows this.”

“So … can’t you just fail those ones?” asked one of the students, frowning.

“Unfortunately, they can’t trace which computers accessed it,” said Professor Arete. “So, we’ve had to resort to more drastic measures.”

Professor eevee nodded, tapping the sign with the classroom rules on it. “All of you will need to give your presentations to the class,” he said. “After each of those presentations, you will all vote on whether it was a real report, or just ChatGPT. Anyone who has been judged to use ChatGPT will fail. Once we’ve rooted out all the ChatGPT users, we’ll go back to just grading them normally.”

“But what if we can’t figure out who it is?” asked a student.

“Then all of you will fail, obviously,” said Professor eevee. “If you can’t even figure out that your classmates don’t know anything about their presentation topic, clearly you didn’t learn anything.”

“I don’t think it’s fair to punish everyone just because two groups cheated!” said another student.

“Too bad,” said Arete. “Now, who wants to go first?”

5 Likes

3 Likes

Day 1 begins and will end in 48 hours, at 2023-03-11T02:00:00Z, or earlier if a majority is reached for execution. With 10 players alive, majority is 6.

first

Second and loving the flavor. Everyone should sign their posts too. :sleepingleafeon:

Hello everyone. I am not in much of an rvs mood ao instead i will start off with a question and we can dive in to answers and figure stuff out.

If you are jack, what night action would you be using tonight?

If we lynch town i would use vig i think to put numbers in odds instead of evens and to get rid of someone suspicious. If we lynch scum i would use the track to confirm someone town if they dont move.

• A

Yeah. It’s obvious who posted this and it seems a bit rolefishy to me. I don’t like it. :sleepingleafeon:

I don’t think you specifically need to sign your posts we’ll figure it out
-Derp

Signing posts is a maftell

1 Like

Hi May. :sleepingleafeon:

Also I’m having a really shitty night with some school stuff and like tests tomorrow and shit

So I’m not in a great mood rn sorry if I’m mean at all

-derp

I’dve said scumtell

Sorry to hear that. I hope your day improves. Great to be in a game with you again too. It has been a while. :sleepingleafeon:

If someone is super obviously town to me, I’d jailkeep them.
Otherwise, I’d track someone to find a confirmed town, and then jailkeep them the following night assuming I live.
~Raffles (guavagudetama)

Not signing posts is a bit scummier I think. VOTE: Boston :sleepingleafeon:

ayo?