FoL Awards 2024 - Discussion Thread

or like “best quote”. not necessarily from a mafia game

also maybe just make separate botf awards lol, maybe a “best botf player” and “best botf performance” award cuz theres gonna be like 8-12 this year anyways

3 Likes

best quote from whole forum and discord. a lot of bangers from cookie thread and such

oh this is fun I like this

5 Likes

it is also the plot of the game the circle inspired by the movie the circls

1 Like

more polls

add Best Shitposter award?
  • yes
  • no

0 voters

add Best Post/Best Quote awards?
  • Best Post and Best Quote
  • Best Post only
  • Best Quote only
  • don’t add either

0 voters

break up Misc awards into BotFs and everything else?
  • yes
  • no

0 voters

2 Likes

the movie “circle” from 2015? i liked it, i was surprised to find out it had a budget of 4 million usd. where did all of that go?

2 Likes

no reason to turn this off imo

if somebody is collectively considered the best at either alignment and the best overall then they earned those titles

plus this doesn’t stop somebody from being nominated as best scum and best town so in theory they could win both of those and then this rule would make them ineligible for best overall which if somebody was actually good enough to make that happen would clearly be a pretty bullshit outcome lol

3 Likes

as much as I love the concept of this award being given out to some of the funny people we already have, incentivizing people to go after this award is going to be massively -EV for overall game health on the site and we should not do it even if polling shows strong favor tbh

9 Likes

best quote is already probably covered by funniest moment if we’re being honest

best post, if taken in a serious manner, could be a fun way to highlight a fucking banger case or a slick lie that isn’t currently covered by other categories

I wouldn’t cry if this category wasn’t added but I think it’d be cool

the issue is probably getting a good field of nominations

2 Likes

also secondary issue of multi-part posts but that’s probably solveable by allowing a small grouping of posts instead of one specifically

but then it starts to broaden the scope of the award and that’s kinda a slippery slope

eh, could go either way

2 Likes

I don’t think we have enough of either to make this a good idea

2 Likes

also @Arete you should link all of the posts with polls in the OP

2 Likes

maybe best post from cookie thread then. (it is a big and important culture for fol!)

1 Like

If you assume all cookie thread posts are equally good I have a 24% chance of winning this award

2 Likes

i dont believe in the concept of equality. such views are unwelcome here

1 Like

doesnt have to just be in-game

also i doubt that people are gonna troll just to be the 2024 best shitposter.

2 Likes

you have 24% of cookie thread posts

unrelated to this, about 24% of cookie thread posts are homophobic slurs

i’m not accusing you of anything, may, but i can’t help but notice this coincidence

4 Likes

nobody gave hippo an award for being the funniest person on the site for years, he just did it

6 Likes

funniest/best post/quote from a fol place other than a game, how about that?

this killed me when i read it, it deserves an award in my book

2 Likes