FoL Awards 2024 - Discussion Thread

Discuss the 2024 FoL Awards here!

Nominations thread:

polls:

more polls:

1 Like

To kick off the year, we have a couple of surveys:

Allow people to nominate teams they were part of?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Allow people to win the Best All-Around player award and Best Town/Scum in the same year?
  • Continue to allow
  • Stop allowing (Best Town/Scum will go to the second place if this would happen)
  • Something else

0 voters

2 Likes

I think people should have a choice
Like what if they consider themselves better as town than overall?

2 Likes

Maybe allow people to only accept one category

1 Like

maybe only have one category

1 Like

One category, called “award”, and every FoLer is eligible

5 Likes

whoever gets the award dies. we are now playing circle

5 Likes

alternatively winner of the award gets to put a new evebt in place. i suggest crack thursfays

2 Likes

6 Likes

if the “best all-around” award is renamed to either “best player” or “most flexible/consistent/adaptive etc.” that would clear it up what is supposed to be, at least to me

2 Likes

so i would like to vote for both option 2 and 3 in your poll aret aret

as for this, if people are allowed to self-vote when its voting time i dont see why not allow people to self-nominate. id argue that if we think “self-something = bad” then isn’t self-voting more so than self-nomination? (i dont think either are bad)

2 Likes

they’re talking teams

2 Likes

yeah; i dont see the issue

1 Like

i dont think nominations are ever bad

in syndicate yearly awards everyone is nominated for everything by default, and everyone votes for whoever they want

(it still is good to have a handful of nominations to pick from, make it easier to sort, less votes to spread around. but. yeah like if there were 20 nominations for one award i dont see an issue personally)

1 Like

im not sure if it’s the same as self-voting because you might think the group did great but you yourself did subpar. doesn’t mean the team doesn’t deserve it.
im not agreeing or disagreeing with what you said, just think its a different thing in that regard.

1 Like

agreed with litten

1 Like

this is the plot of midcentury short story “The Lottery” by shirley jackson

1 Like

ADD BEST SHITPOSTER PLEASE

1 Like

agreed

also “best post” could be a fun award too