Fortress Plays Imps - 10000, Gnomes - 100, Dragons - 0 (Game Over (for now))

/large storage jar in the center
@Osieorb18

I want to see what all of the things do before actually progressing.

1 Like

63A

You inspect the huge jar, walking all around it and checking the way the massive crystalline lid fits on it. The stylized paintings of fighters around the girth are interesting, but you find nothing worth noting, until you realize that you’re seeing words in a secret language, a language you learned from your baking master! You had always thought it was used exclusively by bakers.

Interpreting the markings you see, you read that the jar supposedly contains a creature of fire (ah, maybe it was used for baking bread) from the Plane of Fire, in fact, an efreeti. You’re not sure what the efreet are, but you seem to remember that they grant wishes. But what if they don’t want to? you wonder.

You may open the jar, or return to exploring the Bottle Room.

2022-01-25T07:30:00Z Decision Deadline.

so, the horse’s head bottle and the floating bowls are bad

the ring-topped jar is fake

the rest of the ones we’ve checked are good pretty good.

and for the glowing brass bowl we plant the molar

1 Like

/open @Osieorb18

should we check the loose assortment of bottles first?

I don’t know why I asked, opening the jar is really the only answer.

but also,
the secret baker language from legends
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

good medicine is mostly bitter anyways.

1 Like

153J

Exerting all your strength, you lift the heavy crystalline lid from the top of the huge terra cotta jar. Instantly a peculiar flame-like mist begins to rise from the jar, gradually forming itself into a not only solid but very substantial, fat, horned monster that seems to flame around the edges.

“What are you?” you both exclaim at the same time.

“I’m a human,” you say, just as you think the monster says, “I’m an efreeti.” By this time, the monster has risen and risen and risen until it’s at least forty feet tall, with its flaming bottom still in the bottle.

“No, you’re not!” exclaims the efreeti. “Humans don’t have heavy carapaces like you do.”

“Oh, that’s not a shell,” you explain, trying to keep from laughing. “It’s metal, steam-powered armor. The gnomes gave it to me.”

“Gnomes! They trapped me in that jar thousands of years ago! I wish I could kill every one of them!”

You hurriedly start to put the heavy lid back on the jar, though you’re not sure how you can push the monstrous being back inside.

“Hey, what are you doing?” it shouts.

“If you won’t help the gnomes, I don’t need you. So, back you go!” you say, hoping you can bluff the efreeti.

“Okay, okay, okay. I’ll do what you want, even help the gnomes—although they’re inventive enough not to need help—if you just won’t put me back in the bottle. I’ve got places to go and things to do.”

You explain the upcoming battle with the draconians and evil dragons. “Now, what can you do for us?”

“Well, I’m Fat Fred, and fried dragon just happens to be my favorite food, and I haven’t had any in eons. So I can stay around a while and help you fight the beasts when they come, or…”

“Or what?” you ask when Fred hesitates.
“Or I’ll grant you three wishes.”

Do you want Fred’s help in the dragon battle or would you rather have three wishes?

Screen Shot 2022-01-24 at 5.29.26 PM

2022-01-25T07:30:00Z Decision Deadline.

(I’ll continue to be actively around for roughly another 25 minutes)

this is a good question.

what would we even wish for?
the power to teleport to rooms, so we don’t have to deal with the gnome flinger screwing us over?

@Osieorb18 could we wish for this?

our own bakery would have to be one of our wishes of course.

maybe a stronger body (which would translate into higher base damage,more health, taking less damage)

do we need the ifrit to help us with the dragons.

/help the dragon battle

No!!! You always wish for infinite wishes!!

And if that’s not allowed, wish to win the dragon battle!

#rekt

oof

osie I still do want to know about this

It’s likely we’ll get a list of silly wishes to choose :slight_smile:

90E

You look at the sheer size of Fred and the nervous-making look of his flaming fringes and know that you want him at your side for the dragon battle. You tell him so and he grumpily agrees. Then you turn him over to a gnome to keep track of until the battle. The gnome, trembling, ties a string around Fred’s fat neck and the last you see of them is one gnome pulling the forty-foot-tall evanescent creature along on a leash. In the final battle, Fred’s presence will add +3 to your offense.

Return to exploring the Bottle Room.

The Bottle

If you are free to explore this chamber, you may investigate the:

• large storage jar in center :white_check_mark:
  • ring-topped jar
  • loose bottle assortment :white_check_mark:
  • horse’s-head bottle :white_check_mark:
  • floating jug on floor :white_check_mark:
  • two dragon jars
  • glowing brass bowl on second bottom shelf
  • floating bowls on first and fourth shelves :white_check_mark:
  • glowing jar on 3rd shelf