Fortress Plays Imps - 10000, Gnomes - 100, Dragons - 0 (Game Over (for now))

I keep calling the gnomes following us dwarves.

After the giving the jars to the gnomes

/glowing jar on 3rd shelf
@Osieorb18

1 Like

Heard

22C

The large glowing bowl on the third shelf attracts you with its fascinating, unnatural light. The idea of magic scares you a bit, but you really want to see what’s in the bowl.

You may open it, or continue exploring.

2022-01-25T01:45:00Z Decision Deadline.

/open it

@Osieorb18

1 Like

(its gonna be ghosts again isn’t it)

That’s the floating bowls.
Glowing jar is imp repellent.

67J

When you lift the lid off the glowing bowl, you see that the contents are glowing, too. You have found a bowl of Continual Light oil. Anything you put it on will glow. Because of that, if you put it on an imp, which likes darkness, the imp will run and hide in the farthest reaches of whatever chamber you are in. Or, it’s still there, but it won’t bother you.

Delighted with your find, you pour some of the oil into a smaller corked bottle so that you can easily carry it on your explorations. The next time you meet an imp you automatically defeat it in battle by using this oil.

The Bottle

If you are free to explore this chamber, you may investigate the:

• large storage jar in center :white_check_mark:
  • ring-topped jar
  • loose bottle assortment :white_check_mark:
  • horse’s-head bottle :white_check_mark:
  • floating jug on floor :white_check_mark:
  • two dragon jars :white_check_mark:
  • glowing brass bowl on second bottom shelf
  • floating bowls on first and fourth shelves :white_check_mark:
  • glowing jar on 3rd shelf :white_check_mark:
  • arm coming from bowl
  • dark tunnel at back

2022-01-25T16:00:00Z Decision Deadline.

/inspect glowing brass bowl

I don’t think we did this last time, sorry if we did

@Osieorb18

1 Like

106D

On the second shelf from the bottom, there’s a small brass bowl with a matching lid. First you read the writing on the lid. It says: “Plant Them.” Then you open the lid: inside is a collection of teeth! There are two kinds—long, clean, white fangs, and short, stubby molars with gold fillings. How peculiar, you think.

If you want to try one out, you’ll find a shallow dish of soil on a nearby shelf.

You can plant either a white fang or a well-worn molar.

I’mma call it for the night and check back in when I wake up. It’s been a long day. If people would like to shortcut the arm and/or ring-topped jar, that’s doable.

2022-01-25T16:00:00Z (Tentative) Decision Deadline.

@Whysper @GGhana @YouButWorse @Geyde @Apprentice @Ruby @Joker @Amelia @Squirrel2412 @WindwardAway @Ranta @Blizer @Arete

oh right we did

imo we should plant the other one this time, opinions?

shrug
It might spawn an enemy instead of an ally
If we plant the fang

But we can do it in the name of science.
If you want to.

Just remember that we currently deal half damage because of the horse head jar while we’re in this room.

But if we do end up dying we can always come back and find out what the wishes can be.

I think just skip the fang. It’s most likely an enemy. One ally, one enemy. And fang just seems bad. :slight_smile:

Or it could be that the molar gives a defense boost in the final battle.
While the fang gives a boost to offense in the final battle.

Hmmmm, I suppose that’s a possibility, true

But I think this might be unlikely since we also get the chance of getting +3 offense through the ifrit.

So I doubt it would be 2 different boosts that do the same thing in this room.

But we’re in anarchy mode, so we can always get back to this relatively quickly if things go wrong.