Fortress Plays Imps - 10000, Gnomes - 100, Dragons - 0 (Game Over (for now))

With 4 likes, sticking with democracy.

With 2 likes, just randomizing entirely.

5 → B

Rye: 3 → 3 DMG
Imp: 1 → 3 DMG
Roll → 3

Rye: 6 → 3 DMG

Imp has been defeated.

74C

One of the busy gnomes looks up at you and says, “Thank you. Those imps are such pests, and we can’t seem to get rid of them.”

“You"re welcome,” you reply, and then add, “This is a wonderful room. It makes me feel like a child again.”

“And so it should,” says a second gnome. “We’re getting ready for the Festival of the Graygem. There will be toys for everyone. Making sure of that is our Life Quest.”

“Not mine,” says one gnome grumpily. “Mine is to make the perfect toy—you know, won’t break, won’t discolor, puts a child to sleep, makes the child think of mommy, educational, and, of course, easy to make.”

“That’s quite an order,” you say. “Have you succeeded?”

“Not yet, but I keep working.”

All the busy gnomes turn back to their work, leaving you free to look around.

The Toys

If you are free to explore the chamber, you may investigate the:

• worktable at bottom left
  • table at bottom center
  • table at bottom right
  • artist
  • big dragon box
  • workbench at back
  • any other toys
  • left tunnel
  • right tunnel

I will be checking in between 2022-01-30T00:00:00Z and 2022-01-30T06:00:00Z.

Mt Nevermind Worksheet

Worksheet Bookmark:

20 days remain.

Chamber # Short Description
# Blah

Other Notes:

@Whysper @GGhana @YouButWorse @Geyde @Apprentice @Ruby @Joker @Amelia @Squirrel2412 @WindwardAway @Ranta @Blizer @Arete

/go to yolo mode @Osieorb18

8 Likes

/big dragon box
@Osieorb18

5 Likes

YOLO Mode enabled.

89B

The huge dragon-painted box is no longer in the chamber. It was an illusion created by the imp.

The Toys

If you are free to explore the chamber, you may investigate the:

• worktable at bottom left
  • table at bottom center
  • table at bottom right
  • artist
  • big dragon box :white_check_mark:
  • workbench at back
  • any other toys
  • left tunnel
  • right tunnel

2022-01-30T09:00:00Z Decision Deadline.

/investigate the workbench at back @Osieorb18

1 Like

94E

At the back of the chamber, looking isolated and unused, is a workbench. All around it are sparkling tools that gleam with a golden glow. As you walk toward the bench, you hear a gnome shout, “Better not go back there!”

You turn and ask, “Why not? What’s wrong?”

“I don’t know,” the worried-looking gnome says, “but every gnome who has gone back there to work has disappeared. Now we just leave it alone.”

If your curiosity gets the better of you, you walk back to the strange workbench. If you decide to take the gnome’s advice, return to exploring the Toys Chamber.

2022-01-30T01:30:00Z Decision Deadline.

/go back there @Osieorb18

1 Like

/walk to the strange workbench @Osieorb18

2 Likes

24H

Unwilling to be swayed by gnomish tales of doom, and drawn by the gleam of the glowing tools, you head to the workbench. As you reach it and start to touch the tools, you find yourself magically transported to…

The moment you step into the new chamber, you almost turn around and run. But, trembling, your heart in your throat, you advance into the midst of a collection of skeletal figures. Chief among them is a huge skeleton dragon, perched on a mound of treasure.

“Sure is busy in here,” he drawls. “Just had the teensiest tidbit of an imp, not much more than an hors-d’oeuvre, and then along comes a main meal, and it’s even packed in a can.”

You surreptitiously power up your armor, replying, “I’m nobody’s meal! I’m just here trying to help the gnomes.”

“Speaking of gnomes,” says the dragon skeleton, “answer me a riddle, or fight me.”

“Why should I do either?” you ask, hoping you’ll have the dragon stumped.

But the long white skull replies simply, “If not, you’ll die.”

Figuring that’s a good enough reason, you choose to try to answer the riddle or fight.

2022-01-30T01:30:00Z Decision Deadline.

1 Like

/Answer the riddle @Osieorb18

1 Like

“I’ll take the riddle,” you say in trepidation.

“Great. Knew you were a good fellow,” says the dragon enthusiastically. “Now, listen up. How many gnomes does it take to screw in a candle? Hmmm?”

Yoicks! you think to yourself. But then you realize that all you have to do is give him a number.

You may answer 1, 100, or 11000.

2022-01-30T02:00:00Z Decision Deadline.

I want to say 1, but the thread title does say 100 gnomes

But I also want to say none, because I don’t think that you screw in candles

2 Likes

Hmm,
Last time asked the gnomes to do something

/answer 100 gnomes @Osieorb18

1 Like

/go to final battle @Osieorb18

1 Like

/answer 11000 gnomes @Osieorb18

more is better since it’s more insulting to gnomes

4 Likes

/kick him in the nuts

@osieirb18

51H

When you answer. “One hundred,” the dragon laughs and say, “That’s the answer that all these warriors here gave. Now, have their fate!”

And before you realize what he’s doing, you find yourself drained of all life and turned into an undead skeletal warrior. Like the other warriors, you’ll be at the dragon’s beck and call forever.

Restart?

/restart

@Osieorb18

2 Likes