Fortress Plays Imps - 10000, Gnomes - 100, Dragons - 0 (Game Over (for now))

YOLO Mode enabled.

89B

The huge dragon-painted box is no longer in the chamber. It was an illusion created by the imp.

The Toys

If you are free to explore the chamber, you may investigate the:

• worktable at bottom left
  • table at bottom center
  • table at bottom right
  • artist
  • big dragon box :white_check_mark:
  • workbench at back
  • any other toys
  • left tunnel
  • right tunnel

2022-01-30T09:00:00Z Decision Deadline.

/investigate the workbench at back @Osieorb18

1 Like

94E

At the back of the chamber, looking isolated and unused, is a workbench. All around it are sparkling tools that gleam with a golden glow. As you walk toward the bench, you hear a gnome shout, “Better not go back there!”

You turn and ask, “Why not? What’s wrong?”

“I don’t know,” the worried-looking gnome says, “but every gnome who has gone back there to work has disappeared. Now we just leave it alone.”

If your curiosity gets the better of you, you walk back to the strange workbench. If you decide to take the gnome’s advice, return to exploring the Toys Chamber.

2022-01-30T01:30:00Z Decision Deadline.

/go back there @Osieorb18

1 Like

/walk to the strange workbench @Osieorb18

2 Likes

24H

Unwilling to be swayed by gnomish tales of doom, and drawn by the gleam of the glowing tools, you head to the workbench. As you reach it and start to touch the tools, you find yourself magically transported to…

The moment you step into the new chamber, you almost turn around and run. But, trembling, your heart in your throat, you advance into the midst of a collection of skeletal figures. Chief among them is a huge skeleton dragon, perched on a mound of treasure.

“Sure is busy in here,” he drawls. “Just had the teensiest tidbit of an imp, not much more than an hors-d’oeuvre, and then along comes a main meal, and it’s even packed in a can.”

You surreptitiously power up your armor, replying, “I’m nobody’s meal! I’m just here trying to help the gnomes.”

“Speaking of gnomes,” says the dragon skeleton, “answer me a riddle, or fight me.”

“Why should I do either?” you ask, hoping you’ll have the dragon stumped.

But the long white skull replies simply, “If not, you’ll die.”

Figuring that’s a good enough reason, you choose to try to answer the riddle or fight.

2022-01-30T01:30:00Z Decision Deadline.

1 Like

/Answer the riddle @Osieorb18

1 Like

“I’ll take the riddle,” you say in trepidation.

“Great. Knew you were a good fellow,” says the dragon enthusiastically. “Now, listen up. How many gnomes does it take to screw in a candle? Hmmm?”

Yoicks! you think to yourself. But then you realize that all you have to do is give him a number.

You may answer 1, 100, or 11000.

2022-01-30T02:00:00Z Decision Deadline.

I want to say 1, but the thread title does say 100 gnomes

But I also want to say none, because I don’t think that you screw in candles

2 Likes

Hmm,
Last time asked the gnomes to do something

/answer 100 gnomes @Osieorb18

1 Like

/go to final battle @Osieorb18

1 Like

/answer 11000 gnomes @Osieorb18

more is better since it’s more insulting to gnomes

4 Likes

/kick him in the nuts

@osieirb18

51H

When you answer. “One hundred,” the dragon laughs and say, “That’s the answer that all these warriors here gave. Now, have their fate!”

And before you realize what he’s doing, you find yourself drained of all life and turned into an undead skeletal warrior. Like the other warriors, you’ll be at the dragon’s beck and call forever.

Restart?

/restart

@Osieorb18

2 Likes

Game Restart 6

You eye the gnomeflinger suspiciously. It doesn’t look like anything you want to have any part of, but… You glance again at the cliff with all its strangely shaped entryways. You can feel your curiosity overcoming your caution.

There is a small knock on the leg of your armor. You look down to see a gnome, calling himself Tromsh, standing impatiently at your side.

“Well?..” he says, his voice oozing doubt as to your ability to handle the gnomes’ problems, and whether you even have the courage to be flung through the air to somewhere up on the cliff.

Yes! The gnomes of Mount Nevermind need help, and never mind the fact that you’ve never done anything but work in a bakery. Never mind the fact that even the smallest draconian soldier must outweigh you by a hundred pounds. Never mind that you know nothing about military matters. The gnomes are looking to you for help and, by Reorx, you’re going to try!

8A

Hoping to see something that will help you make up your mind, you climb onto the earthen platform bearing the gnomes’ steam-powered lift system, the gnomeflinger. A gnarled, muscular, leather-apron-clad gnome introduces himself as Gnowmpsh-the-Flinger-Boss.

He thrusts you toward a reclining seat, saying, “Firsttrip,hmm? Nothing,nothingatalltoworryabout. ThisisthefastestandmostreliablytestedgnomedeviceanywhereinMountNevermind. ItwasbuiltbymygreatgreatgreatgranduncleBrahmpsh,andmyfamily’sLifeQuesthasbeento makeitbetterandbetterallthetime.”

You stir restlessly under his barrage of words. Every time one of the gnomes talks to you, you hope you’ll be able to understand him, but it doesn’t seem to happen. By your side, Gnowmpsh (at least you understand that much) still talks while he pushes you into the gnomeflinger seat. You’re about to resign yourself to whatever the gnomes have in store, when you shout, “STOP!”

Gnowmpsh and the other gnomes, who have been twisting dials, checking steam valves, and shoveling coal, stop what they’re doing and stare at you, open-mouthed, incredulity on their faces.

“I’m sorry!” you say, surprised at the anguish in your voice. “But if I’m going to go through Mount Nevermind and find the things I think will help you–and me–beat the dragonarmy, I have got to understand what you’re saying! Please… talk… slowly… whenever… you… say… anything… to… me.”

The gnomes’ looks change to ones of pity and dismay. The coal shoveler clucks under his breath and you think you catch the murmured words: “Poorfellow. He’llbenohelpatall. Doesn’thavethebrainsforit, butIguesswecan’tsend himawaynow. Itwouldn’tbekindtolethimknowwerealize howweak-mindedheis.”

Gnowmpsh gently pats your hand, saying loudly, as if you were deaf, “I WILL DO THAT, YOUNG MAN. AND I WILL REMIND EVERYONE ELSE TO TALK SLOWLY, TOO!” He makes a gesture toward a less-muscular gnome working on the gnomeflinger. He’s also younger, you see, as he turns toward you and raises an eyebrow questioningly.

“Getonwithit,Knekst,” the flinger boss orders.

You watch as young Knekst gathers a number of brightly colored flags and begins making broad gestures in the air with them. Suddenly, a loud whistle sounds and you see gnomish heads popping from the many openings in the rock wall in front of you. They all watch Knekst’s signals, which quickly become faster-than-the- eye-can-see flips and twirls. You’re afraid that Knekst will twist himself into a pretzel if he keeps this up for long.

Finally, once more turning his head and giving you a look of pity combined with impatience, he sloooowwwws dowwwwwnnnnn thhhhhhe mmmmmmooootionnn ooofffff thhhhhe flaaaaaagsssss alllllmmmmmooooossst tooooo aaaaa stoooooopppp. The gnomes on the cliff all look at you, shrug their shoulders, and duck back into the cliff openings.

“THE FARTALKING FAMILY IS USING A NEW SYSTEM To SEND MESSAGES. EVERYONE KNOWS NOW TO SPEAK SLOWLY,” announces Gnowmpsh.

“Thank you,” you answer in a tiny voice.

8B

You sit in the gnomeflinger, not liking anything you see, as the gnomes around you explain what you are indeed seeing.

“Before you are five levels of cliffs. There are also two chambers that you can easily walk to without being flung.”

You seriously consider getting out or the gnomeflinger and going toward one of the areas within walking distance, but you politely wait until the gnomes are done explaining, and you get a fairly good idea of what every entrance on the cliff face means to the gnomes.

Gnomeflinger Success Chart

Days left-> 20 19-17 16-14 13-12 11-8 7-5 4-2 1
Fifth (Top) Level 5+ 6+ 7+ 8+ 9+ 10+ 11+ 12
Fourth Level 4+ 5+ 6+ 7+ 8+ 9+ 10+ 12
Third Level 3+ 4+ 5+ 6+ 7+ 8+ 9+ 11+
Second Level 2+ 3+ 4+ 5+ 6+ 7+ 8+ 11+
Lowest Level 1+ 2+ 3+ 4+ 5+ 6+ 7+ 8+

Rooms (and Misses)

Level A B C D E
Fifth The Nest (4B) The Cold (4C) The Bottle (4D) The Plant (4A)
Fourth The Magnet (3B) The Bakery (3C) The Catapult (3D) The Dark (3E) The Gallery (3A)
Third The Maze (2B) The Spark (2C) The Undead (2D) The Armory (2A) The Explosives (2A)
Second The Crystals (1B) The Military (1C) The Toys (1D) The Signals (1A)
First The Water The Clocks The Steam The Heat The Train
Walkable The Lights The Library

9A

The closer you get to the time of the dragonarmy’s invasion, the harder it is for the gnomes to concentrate on their flinging. The chart above judges your success rate for each fling depending on how many days are left before the invasion.

Each time you wish to be flung to a chamber, the host will roll a d12, then send you to the appropriate result based on the Gnomeflinger Success Chart. If you get the number you need or higher, you succeed. If you get less than the number you need, you miss your target and go to the miss location on the Rooms Chart. You may acquire extra locations while on your quest, also.

For example, if you try for A on the Top level and miss, you would reach B on the Fourth level. If you really didn’t want to go to B, you could use up half a day to return to the gnomeflinger, but remember, you don’t have a lot of time.

If you aim for the lowest level and miss, you are flung on an odd number to the library, and on an even number to the lights chamber (both within walking distance of the gnomeflinger).

Days on the chart are measured only in whole days, rounding up.

9B

The information you receive about these caverns is sketchy at best. You are only able to get hints about the places, because the gnomes tend to be very clannish even in the mountain and don’t get around much. Looking over the possible areas, you select one, tell the gnomes, and then close your eyes and hope for the best. Suddenly, you feel yourself being flunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggg!

2022-01-31T00:15:00Z Decision Deadline.

Mt Nevermind Worksheet

Worksheet Bookmark:

20 days remain.

Chamber # Short Description
# Blah

Other Notes:

@Whysper @GGhana @YouButWorse @Geyde @Apprentice @Ruby @Joker @Amelia @Squirrel2412 @WindwardAway @Ranta @Blizer @Arete @ElizaThePsycho

/go to final battle @Osieorb18

2 Likes

/go to the explosives @Osieorb18

1 Like