[GAME THREAD 6/13] Risky Light Game: Featuring Rain - Day 4 - Mafia wonnered

yes

care to explain why?

still need to catch up on non-me related posts

@Aelin
I’m not entirely a fan of you talking ABOUT me rather than talking WITH me here in post #239 is bad

You literally don’t know what I’m thinking about, but you make what looks like a series of angles instead of asking me to explain. It feels agenda-y, but maybe you had an alternative reason for doing this? Maybe? (Ask me about this later)

Anyway, I’m late for the gym but I’ll give you one example, the conspiracy theory feelings I had was where you were talking about both me and Professor being w/w going after someone and taking opposite view points on someone (i forget who). An then when I was going over something like Profesor saying he wants to save someone, and then I was like… this isn’t right. Then I think YOU quote the same post later, and you say, ‘oh this is right’. That’s when I have a kind of A-HA moment that linked me back to that conspiracy theory. I thought, wait, Aelin is a wolf setting up a relationship between Professor, who is also mafia, with myself. So if Professor flips, and I think Professor was gaining traction at the time, that Aelin would have reason to be able to tie that to me next.

No reason to get upset about me quoting you imo
We’ve talked whenever we’re in thread together and we hadn’t been in thread together for a while
I’m not going to just refrain from talking about you and pointing out what I thought was notable because you’re not in thread with me
Also, I understand the paranoia on the world building, and that’s cool and all but like
I didn’t pursue it or try and push it whatsoever so saying I was potentially trying to set up a chainsaw is unsubstantiated

Already explained why I don’t like magnus’ posting
After you he was my biggest scumread so shrug

I apologize if you got the impression that I was acting in any way untoward in reaction to your post. I’m expressing my concerns with you directly, and sometimes that personalized interaction can be misconstrued as angry or harsh, but I promise you that on my part it’s not that way :)

I’m just trying to figure out your objectives in some of the things you’re doing, and sometimes it scrambles in my head in a way where I think: hmmmm, this could be bad news, or it could be maybe good news?

So, for example, I realize that you were talking to Troch here, so understanding what was your objective with Troch here is more of what I was getting at when I said this:

but your response seemed kind of devoid of troch in your 299? #299

Was Troch on your radar? What did you want to get out of that interaction?

Hmmm, that reasoning makes sense to me honestly.

Good idea actually. Need to DC o something IRL now too but I’ll be back later.

If I understand you correctly, you were reaction testing people to see if they would go along with your misplaced shade or if they would call you out.

Which is fine, but why would you put trochi in ‘conf bias town’ over a wolf going along with your shade?

Brad doesn’t seem like he’s sheeping your vote - he’s reacting to pigeon putting leaf at L-1, which I think is different than sheeping your bait post.

wait

I’m dumb and forgot how time works

I thought I had posted this post:

before you posted this one:

since I posted it before I read your post

so I thought you were just stealing my reasoning

but you actually posted that before I did, so you came to that conclusion organically

[quote=“Professor, post:289, topic:311”]

At least to me, it looks like magnus is giving trochi a leading question

But that doesn’t really make sense if either of them are town

um

you do have 7 posts left fyi

wait

that game is like 10000 posts long

hmm, okay

just wondering if I should bother trying to reread that to get a feel for your meta

Ah, a bit of explanation - Trochi is my best friend, and we’ve known each other for a long time. I also know that the differences between their townrange and scumrange are pretty minute, so I’m focusing more on micro reads for them.

1 Like

I think this interaction is unlikely to be between two wolves. Brad seems to be taking genuine offence at Illwei’s remark, and said remark is… an extremely weird one to make to a partner.

I’m not really sure what this is trying to say. I don’t have access to an easy method of quoting from other games now that we only have the archives. In a different respect, I don’t intend on making my identity obvious from the way in which I defend players, however if someone I strongly believe to be town is on the chopping block I would likely give in.

I feel like Illwei and Brad are either W/V with Illwei as the wolf or V/V. The first part relates to my point from earlier. In addition, I feel like this is not a read wolf Brad makes on town Illwei, given that despite the acknowledgement that Illwei has dropped off, Brad still townreads Illwei when he was free reign to start a push here. It’s worth noting that the first world is… probably just as likely as the second, if Illwei continues drop off.

This is pretty much my only reason for townreading Squirrel, for what it’s worth. It was also for that Frog post which seems like it would be wolfy performative, but it didn’t feel that way. Realistically this reasoning is not satisfactory.

Summary

:joy_cat:

Never change, Gorta.
Actually, please do. This gets tiring. What is wrong with my slot?

Summary

This probably isn’t the place to do this but I find it hilarious how Gorta’s -EV town presence in games can be physically materialized as a permanent vote on town, allowing wolves to require one less vote to eliminate villagers (this is regardless of his alignment).

Summary

You are aware that Frog was one of the main people pushing you, right? And you are also aware that I was trying to stop the push on you before him?

Both of these are true, but I doubt you have figured out who I am.

@Professor

That… doesn’t give you an excuse to outright ignore my posts. Until you respond, I’m going to assume you can’t respond and have been caught lying about interpreting my posts as a defence, especially when there’s… pretty much no conceivable way anyone paying attention would interpret those posts in that way.

This was what I was trying to say with how cloned’s intention didn’t match his actions. He claimed to be seeing how people reacted to his shade on pigeon, but he then instead made a post townreading people for things completely irrelevant to this, such as this read on Trochi or the one where he townread someone for saying his content was bad even though they made no reference to the pigeon post.

Indeed… So how does this affect your read on me, given that your main reason for scumreading me was pretty much disproved?

I would like Cloned and Pigeon wagons.

I think Trochilidae can also be mafia, but given that one of my reasons for suspecting him is how he sounds dead inside, the accuracy of this read should become more obvious later into the game so I am fine with letting him live for now.

I would like Cloned and Pigeon wagons.

I think Trochilidae can also be mafia, but given that one of my reasons for suspecting him is how he sounds dead inside, the accuracy of this read should become more obvious later into the game so I am fine with letting him live for now.

(edit: This post duplicated due to poor connection… incredible)

If Squirrel is mafia then I’d be 1. Completely shocked and appalled at how well he’s posting and his observation as scum and 2. Never trusting him again in future games.

Which means yes Squirrel is a very strong townread.

I’m tempted to agree. The fact he’s picking up on a number of minute details similar to me is something I must give credit for. Especially in regards to cloned’s reaction test, because now I at least know I’m not going mad.

Voted Voters Votes
Professor Gorta 1/7
Magnus Trochilidae, Leafia, Thepigeonnyc, Aelin 4/7
Thepigeonnyc Professor, Frog 2/7
Bradland Clonedcheese, Illwei 2/7
Clonedcheese Magnus 1/7
Not Voting EliThePsycho, Bradland, Squirrel2412 3

– Insanity

Need to sloop :zzz:

This feeble level of confidence does not match how loud and aggressive you’ve been with your reads. This is a cop-out.

I
Made a mistake lmaoooo
I thought cloned was the one who said they thought Magnus wasn’t a wolf but it was Professor and I was like “okay, w!cloned never unprompted goes “oh I’m going to defend this other guy being scumread when I’m being scumread too”

Ah, was that your reason for changing your read on him? If so, I’m kind of glad that it was a mistake.

Care to join me?
/vote clonedcheese @Host_Account_2