[GAME THREAD 6/13] Risky Light Game: Featuring Rain - Day 4 - Mafia wonnered

Risky Light Game (Featuring Rain)

…and his music was electric.

created and hosted by @katze, cohosted by @InsanityUwU on the host account @Commando
reviewed by Osie

Rules

Follow the Global Rules and Forum Game Rules pls

All players must post a minimum of 5 substantive and game-related posts per 48h Day phase. If the day phase ends early, this may be waived.

The hosts may or may not utilize WOTM to prohibit players from joining.

THIS GAME HAS A POST CAP. Players can only make up to 50 posts per in-game day. This is lifted 1 hour before EoD. The first time this is exceeded by a player, a warning will be sent to them. The second time, they will be modkilled.

EXCESSIVE AtE IS NOT ALLOWED. Appealing to emotion can result in a toxic environment that ruins enjoyment. I want this game to be relaxed but still serious. As a result, I will be monitoring the thread for heavy AtE. If you aren’t sure if what you’re posting breaks this rule, feel free to run it by me. If you find yourself unable to play the game without it affecting you emotionally, please let me know so we can help you. Feel free to message me at any time if you need to vent, or just want to talk.

Roles and the first paragraph of flavor is NAI, the second paragraph is AI and quoting it will be punished. (For reference, in the example rolecards below, all bolded and italicized text is legal to claim)

Sample Rolecards

VT + Mafia Goon cards

Commando

The starting character, a Jack of all Trades; master of none. Except it’s not really a Jack of all Trades, either. They’re just mediocre. But can you really resist that dab?

As to be expected with your mediocrity, you are a Vanilla Town. Your only abilities are your voice, and your vote.

You win when you eliminate the Mafia.

Commando

The starting character, a Jack of all Trades; master of none. Except it’s not really a Jack of all Trades, either. They’re just mediocre. But can you really resist that dab?

As to be expected with your mediocrity, you are a Mafia Goon. You have no special abilities, but possess a 24/7 scum chat and a factional kill.

You win when you reach parity with the town.

Voting

• Both majority and plurality are in effect.
  • No-yeet is a valid vote, and may be hammered to end the Day early. In cases where no-elim and another vote are tied at the end of the Day, no-elim will have priority in the rand.
  • Tied votes will result in a player being eliminated at random from among the tied players.
  • MyLo (mis-yeet and lose) and LyLo (yeet or lose) will be announced, and votes will be locked in LyLo. This means that your first vote is final and cannot be changed.

Gameplay

• Days are 48 hours, and Nights are 24 hours.
  • In the instance the Day ends early due to majority, the Night phase will be extended to end at a consistent time.
  • The Mafia factional kill is assigned and mandatory. If no factional kill is submitted by the final hour of the Night, the kill will be determined randomly from among living members of the town and carried out by a random living member of the Mafia.
  • Mafia will communicate through a private Discord server. Neighborhoods, masonries, and lover chats, if they exist, will also be on discord servers. All abovementioned servers will be open 24/7.
  • The setup is closed, but 10 v 3, non-bastard, and relatively low powered.

Players

1. clonedcheeseExecuted D1Vanilla Town
  2. Frog
  3. BradLand
  4. Aelin
  5. Squirrel2412
  6. illweiExecuted D3Vanilla Town
  7. Leafia
  8. MagnusExecuted D2Vanilla Town
  9. GortaDied N3Town 1-shot Tracker
  10. EliThePsycho
  11. ProfessorDied N2Vanilla Town
  12. thepigeonnycDied N1Town 2-shot Odd Night Doctor
  13. Trochilidae

Replacements

1. DatBird
  2. Alkali
  3. Ruby
  4. Vulgard
  5. WindwardAway
  6. Electrode
  7. Arete
  8. sulit

Spectators

1. ATNoName
  2. Atlas
  3. Silviu200530

Threadmarks

EoD1: clonedcheese is yeeted
SoD2: thepigeonnyc deaded
EoD2: Magnus voted out
EoN2: Professor aliven’t
EoD3: illwei lost to RNG
SoD4: Gorta murderized
EoD4: The town fucking died oh no

1 Like

Cards have been sent out. If you have any questions about the game or role, please send them in your role card PM. Every player is requested to confirm that they have read and understood their role in their PM.

Day 1 will begin at 2021-11-29T00:00:00Z and end at 2021-12-01T00:00:00Z; the 50 post cap will be lifted at 2021-11-30T23:00:00Z

@clonedcheese
@Frog
@BradLand
@Aelin
@Squirrel2412
@illwei
@Leafia
@Magnus
@Gorta
@ElizaThePsycho
@Professor
@thepigeonnyc
@Trochilidae

4 Likes

SoD1 Flavor:

Stage 1: Distant Roost

“Captain’s Log. Date: [REDACTED]. Time: [REDACTED], Galactic Standard.”

“Several shuttles have been dispatched and landed on the planet. We’ve also deployed some drop pods for the less… social, of our crewmembers. And, well…” A chuckle can be heard. “I have considered joining them on the planet, to oversee operations and manage the chain of command. This has been my first deployment in many years. I’m not going to sit back and rot on the bridge like some old hardware. That said…”

The old man clears his throat, getting back on topic. “The shuttles landed in a mountainous region, along some cliffs. While disembarking and setting up a rallypoint, we came under attack from local fauna, just as reports detailed. The situation quickly escalated, and within the first 24 hours we have sustained major casualties and injuries.”

“Thankfully the ammunition and armaments I requested were granted by UES, as more of the crew has reported back that all outer life encountered thus far has been hostile. Some of our ground forces have also reported strange and irregular natural phenomenon.”

The old man gazes out of the window of his cabin, the moon shining in the night sky. “What a strange planet. This’ll certainly make a good story.”

credit to Hopoo Games for the lore that i am shamelessly stealing for flavor you cant stop me im lazy

____

Day 1 has begun and will end at 2021-12-01T00:00:00Z, or sooner if majority is reached. The 50 post cap will be lifted at 2021-11-30T23:00:00Z.

With 13 alive, majority is 7.

You may now post.

@clonedcheese
@Frog
@BradLand
@Aelin
@Squirrel2412
@illwei
@Leafia
@Magnus
@Gorta
@ElizaThePsycho
@Professor
@thepigeonnyc
@Trochilidae

2 Likes

i figure a quick lil introduction is in order so hi my name is felix i go by he/him i’ll respond to both felix and trochi (trochi is universal all will respond to that dw)
i’m the dude who most of you know and also the dude from yesterday so yep that’s fun
important note: i will not be wasting time and posts to respond to any questions that should’ve been asked yesterday (i will if necessary ofc but don’t make that your focus please)
but hell yeah i’m super excited to play with y’all (i am slightly rusty but give me a day or so and i’ll be self voting and ate’ing just like normal)

anyways bitches get ready to
ruuuumbleeeeeeee

3 Likes

Post 1

Good to hear. I’ll be numbering all my posts so I won’t have to worry about going over the post cap, and I recommend everyone else does thevsame.

3 Likes

the same. 2

Admittedly both those openers were ones that I found amusing. Even if they were NAI.

1 Like

Post 3. I hate autocorrect sometimes.

/vote bradland

:eyes:

/vote Illwei

Post 4. Guessing this is for pressure huh? Or to see what develops.

VC bot wee woo wee woo

Voted Voters Votes
Bradland Illwei 1/7
Illwei Bradland 1/7
Not Voting clonedcheese, Frog, Aelin, Squirrel2412, Leafia, Magnus, Gorta, EliThePsycho, Professor, thepigeonnyc, Trochilidae 11
  • Insanity
3 Likes

Greetings,

I am not looking forward to dealing with Leafia postcapping themselves within the first hour of the Day.

How is everyone else feeling about the game?

2 Likes

Post 5 This post genuinely made me laugh IRL admittedly and I’ll try to limit my posting speed a bit.

post 2 electric boogaloo
how much you wanna bet it’ll be the first hour?

as for me i’m resisting the urge to self vote because i’m lonely and for the memes so that’s how i’m doing
i missed this

edit meant this to be a reply to professor lmao oops

3 Likes

Post 6 I’m feeling good about this game because the lower post count limit will make catching up on the thread state a lot quicker and easier and make it easier to interact in real time, so I’m willing to bet this game will be a bit more relaxing than normal.

Leafia is probably a wolf

Opinions?

Post 7 Hmmm, pretty sure I’m a Leafeon and not a wolf. Unless I got bit by a werewolf when I wasn’t looking.