[GAME THREAD 6/13] Risky Light Game: Featuring Rain - Day 4 - Mafia wonnered

nah i haev one in mind
just gotta find it

Ah okay and good luck finding it.

What I’ve learnt here is that you’re all bad at the game of standard mafia yet you think you’re all geniuses who can outsmart the other people at the table. Newsflash: you probably can’t outwit the other people at the table because the other people at the table are also smart.

/vote Squirrel @Host_Account_2

2 Likes

Eli, you’ve fallen into the Triumverate of Power’s trap and voted for a villager. Now it’s time to reveal ourselves!

Frog, the mastermind of the group!

Trochi, the disguise master!

And finally, me, Leafia, the resident wolfeon!

Mwahahaha!

Now end this game Commando.

4 Likes

im too lazy to write fun flavor here so uh

something something “the game is mechanically locked in favor of the mafia oh no what will the town do now”

oh, they lose

welp ill just post the shit i wrote forever ago so y’all can postgame warrior or somethin

Rolecards

thepigeonnyc, you are…

Bandit

A returning survivor from the first game – the Bandit re-arrived in style. Very effective at chunking damage with his shotgun or consistently dishing it with his rifle, the Bandit is rewarded massively by precise movement and successful revolver kills. While not the most versatile character, you are easily one of the most fun ones.

While you ordinarily aim for killing blows, your attention to healthbars makes you fit to be a Town 2-Shot Odd Night Doctor. Two times during the game, on odd nights, you may target a player. They will be protected from death.

You win when you eliminate the Mafia.

Confirm you’ve received this by describing your role to me in one sentence.

Gorta, you are…

Void Reaver

At a glance, you aren’t that dangerous. You don’t dish out too much damage, but you sure as hell take a hit to kill. And after you die… one would learn to keep their distance.

Because of your threatening status, you are a Town 1-shot Tracker. Once during the game, at night, you may target a player. You will see who that player visits, if anybody.

Squirrel2412, you are…

Happiest Mask

A legendary item, you’re usually not really who anyone wants when they see that red glow. After all, why you over a clover? Still, even the worst reds are viable.

Despite being rare, you’re still only good enough to be a Vanilla Town. Your only abilities are your voice, and your vote.

EliThePsycho, you are…

REX

Plant. Robot. Arete? REX is an enigma, and yet… leeching your own health to do damage (and gain more health) makes their gameplay far from enigmatic. Your health is a currency, and you will spend money to make money, all while dishing out a surprising amount of damage.

However, your inconsistent health means you’re nothing more than a Vanilla Town. Your only abilities are your voice, and your vote.

Magnus, you are…

Tougher Times

Aww, look at the cute little common item! It’s just a little teddy bear! It’s just… one of the best items in the game? What? That’s stupid, how could a teddy bear be one of the most important survival items in the game?

I don’t know, and neither do you. While we figure that out, you’re a Vanilla Town. Your only abilities are your voice, and your vote.

BradLand, you are…

Acrid

Dinosaur. Spit poison. Not the other effect, that one’s bad. If Risk of Rain was a platform fighter, this would be the Sonic of the game. Oh, the poison wore off, better reapply that… so, how’s the weather?

Unfortunately, your poison isn’t potent enough to kill alone, so you’re just a Vanilla Town. Your only abilities are your voice, and your vote.

clonedcheese, you are…

AtG Missile Mk. 1

That’s just an empty image. Get it, cause it’s camouflaged? Please laugh. Anyway, missile go boom. Big proc chain. Big number. Perhaps the strongest green item in the game. Boom.

As you only have a 10% chance to take effect, you failed your roll and are only just a Vanilla Town. Your only abilities are your voice, and your vote.

Professor, you are…

Mercenary

Commonly mistaken with Genji, the Mercenary is the “high risk, high reward” character of the game. And they sure as hell make it fun, with their extreme mobility and multiple methods of obtaining invincibility frames, your skill with the sword is the only thing keeping your low health bar above 0.

As you are too busy cutting up bitches with your dashes, you are simply a Vanilla Town. Your only abilities are your voice, and your vote.

Aelin, you are…

MUL-T

Robot. Two weapons? Surely this will make MUL-T versatile… what do you mean most people either use double nailgun or double railgun? Sigh.

katze doesn’t really like MUL-T, so you’re just a Vanilla Town. Your only abilities are your voice, and your vote.

illwei, you are…

Scavenger

One of the scariest enemies to run into, and yet the one some players are most excited to see. A loot pinata, spawning with several random items and dropping a bunch upon death, the amount of actual firepower a scavenger has is quite random.

Unpredictability is a staple of the Scavenger, which obviously makes you a Vanilla Town. Your only abilities are your voice, and your vote.

Trochilidae, you are…

Overloading Worm

Flying through the air, this fucking worm will strike you with lightning in 300 different ways. No other enemy garners such fear quite like you do, and that reputation is far from unearned.

With that kind of lethality, you’re obviously fit to be a Mafia 2-Shot Jailkeeper. Two times during the game, at night, you may target a player. They will be unable to act tonight, and will additionally be protected from death. You may not target the same player two nights in a row.

You win when you reach parity with the town.

I will send the link to the Mafia Discord server shortly.

Frog, you are…

Loader

A returning survivor from the first game – albeit with a gender swap – the Loader is very comfortable walking up to an enemy and punching them in the fucking face. Several times. Although she’s a lot more mobile than just “walking”, because she has a grappling hook!!! Any good game needs one of those. And some other stuff, but who cares about that.

And every good mafia team will appreciate it. Using your grappling hook and M551 Pylon, you are a Mafia 2-Shot Motion Detector. Twice during the game, at night, you may target a player. If they visit someone or were visited by someone else, you will detect motion – otherwise you will not.

Leafia, you are…

Captain

Armed with a shotgun hand thing, two beacons that have various effects, and the choice between an orbital probe or a god damn kinetic strike – albeit with meme-worthy windup – the Captain is a powerhouse that lacks in mobility. While not a favorite of katze, you’re still pretty powerful.

The Mafia recognized the utility of your beacons, making you a Mafia N3+ Backup. You will passively gain any abilities that your teammates die with, inheriting their remaining uses and limitations if applicable. You cannot use these until the start of Night 3.

(written slightly after rand, since im watching mafia do setup speculation :joy_cat:)

the initial idea was to give mafia a lot of tools they think they’ll need much more than they actually do; while not actually making town super super weak – the mafia backup for example is basically useless but it existing makes mafia think they’re playing against a stacked town power wise – the default assumption is ‘we need our power’ – part of my intent here was to make mafia double take themselves into trying to find PRs that dont exist

part of the “risk” in the name is that… this does result in a setup i think is somewhat scumsided but the town PRs are supposed to still be Decent while giving mafia the impression that there’s More even with both dead

also because the rolecard flavor was fun to write and ror2 is a good game (play ror2)

the one shot tracker, in hindsight, probably could have had a second shot or something – but eh. the intent is that mafia are very likely going to have 2 players acting per night so i didnt want to give the tracker Too Much.

mafia MD was originally gonna be a 1x tracker but osie told me to change it to a different invest, i think MD works better for this vision due to it having the potential to get false positives on a targeted player or a false negative on the doctor on even nights

tbh half of this was kinda like “oh this works really well” i made this setup in less than 30 minutes and then while writing rolecards realized the actual potential of it

so yeah, this setup was deffo somewhat mafia sided but i do think that… mafia did kinda also outplay town

uhhh

im gay

The mafia of @Frog, @Trochilidae, and @Leafia have won!

Spec chat/DVC link:

Mafia chat link:

3 Likes

I go with my gut, the same gut that caught several deep wolves when no one else did, the same gut that was able to find fellow townies good when no one else could, the same gut that could consistently read Alice, and the same gut that is decent at reading people I have no meta on and getting accurate reads. I make mistakes, but I have learned that if I don’t trust my own gut I accidently shoot townies. There have been games in which I trusted a public shotlist and neglected my own gut feelings and guess what, I was right. Some things can’t be explained with “reason”, it just works. You should try trusting intuition more. I really don’t try to have a massive ego, it’s just I want people to recognize my gift

8 Likes

Me: Ah yes, I’m done with studying for my math final, time to write that long alignment comparison thing that frog was talking about. Time to check the thread!

Thread:

8 Likes

wait were you prof

1 Like

no

oh aight carry on then

1 Like

amazing flavor tbh

3 Likes

I was about to be very confused because I’ve played in a game with you as an alt and you sounded nothing like prof

so in conclusion
i am suprised i didn’t get force subbed
ngl i would’ve subbed out but i was just scared of whatever would’ve happened if i did
cuz i basically do not have a reason outside of “low motivation” which is not a reason that the mods would accept
but i feel like i ruined the game for everybody else :(

also aelin was RIGHT smh my head
frog did very good too

i was prof lmao

2 Likes

lol

what

bruh

1 Like

thats the oldest trick in the book dont you know

1 Like