[Game Thread - ENDGAME 2/17] The 'Supa Mario' Sorcerer17 - Mafia Wins

im popping back in cuz my only actually serious post was ignored lmao

What is genuine consensus on what to do as town in a sitaution when you think your death clears up a lot but also you are town and know that killing a towny is always dumb? I’m not sure im experienced enough to know (replying to orange to sneakily @him lol). This game i just self pres’d whole time but i think it worked to towns detriment till d4.

I have no idea how Mistyx was considered a good elimination tbh.

Mist fakeclaimed PR and was CC’d by the actual PR. The way she handled it was villagery, but I kinda get it.

1 Like

her*, thanks

btw had i not been bombed on night 1 i was going to claim i should be cleared cuz of the atlas nightkill and simultaneously insult the wolf team

not really lol outedwolf could have just waited to see wazza’s flip cuz if it flipped wolf it would make mist town (no reason to claim sorc when it’s w/w wagons) and if it flipped town he could have just bombed her

My take is that you should avoid the noose as town regardless of the gamestate. It helps more than it hinders. More time for you to prove yourself, etc.

Okay real quick thing.

Do y’all prefer games that are balanced or games that are fun?

No, I’m saying I kinda get why she was yeeted. I’m not arguing it was optimal to do so. The optimal play would’ve been to let Visor bomb her and resolve the slot that way.

visor randing the visor role is great

that is all i have to say here

uhhh

vulgard goat? yeah, vulgard goat

nya

2 Likes

I disagree with this tbh, your death might be more helpful to Town than you think

Okay I finally got home and have time to write this.

First of all, I did enjoy the game because I spent way more time fucking around and meme’ing than going into rage mode and putting myself in an awful mental state. The game was entirely fun and loved the flavors that flipped, especially Scorp Mario like I said numerous times before.

With that said, I played like utter garbage in this game.

The rest of the town played phenomenally and just about stomped the mafia early game. Arete and Vulgard were very good read wise.

I got a bit over-confident with my reads, especially after I managed to plant my vote on a mafia member while fighting an uphill battle in the game with the mass posting forcing me to backread the entire game.
The rest of my actual mafia game was pure garbage. I hard defended 2 mafia members, which 1 obviously end gamed and won, and soft townleaned Arctic because he town cased someone that was already universally townread.

Because of that, the moment I saw Hippo night killed last instead of Wazza, I realized I was basically screwed due to my gameplay, and rightfully so.
Unfortunately I was also reffing basketball games so I had next to no chance of defending myself.

Like I said before, town played a fantastic game and this should be a town win. However I fucked up this game horribly and for that I apologize.

This doesn’t take away the fact that mafia also played very well and deserve to win as well.

GGs to everyone.

2 Likes

much like little mac, your recovery was shit :stuck_out_tongue:

(I didn’t read the game it’s just a funny smash bros joke)

2 Likes

bro you were fun to play with

would love to play more games with you again, hopefully one where I don’t have to betray you :wowee:

1 Like

btw vul thank you for making me laugh with your “my unaligned reads are >90% accurate” and “marshal not w/w with wazza, cloned, arctic”

1 Like

:sob:

3-0’d because of good edge guarding.

1 Like

as marshal said i think the problem with largely using association reads as a main method rather than a substitute is that because you try to make more of them, the reasoning you use to justify them is inevitably going to be weaker and as a result they’re going to be less accurate

Likewise.

I wish I was actually right and you were town, you were fun to talk to.

1 Like

Why is Sorc the visor role?

@Wazza

Although you did panic vote me in F3 so there’s some sort of positivity to that.

And seeing YBW quick hammer me made me think “Shit he actually was mafia. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes