GOAT^2 - Game Thread (5/15) - Day 6 - Mafia wonnered

Good night May

This was ~never the reason for the nightkill

Neither was this

Neither was this

Wolves killed people who were wrong the entire game

I skipped over Zorvo because he was ~always killed for the JOAT claim (good play btw) over anything else

And he was saying that I was bussing Eliza which was also wrong

Honestly I don’t think anyone has been right this whole game at least since day 1 about O. kazo

I think wolves were just JOAT hunting and failing really badly because everyone who’s been killed had a bunch of wolfreads on villagers

Which leads me back to the “wolves thought Lemon was a ML and not JOAT” theory

But I can see all three of Brad/Molly/May fit into that

I guess Molly/May actively pushed May and Brad didn’t?

actively pushed Lemon*

But like I said this isn’t very strong because the two wolves could’ve taken different stances

Actually I’m getting to a part where Brad did actually wolfread Lemon for a bit so that theory I had earlier is even less likely to be true

(this is about Lemon)

Brad about May and Molly

Ehhhh this doesn’t really feel W/W to me, it feels more like he’s TMIng May as town

And this feels like a bit of a nonsensical townread, wanting to save your townreads is a normal thing that’s easily fakeable yet molly is town for that apparently

Kind of a weird turnaround but it never actually went anywhere

That’s… weirdly placating and out of place
Not sure what to think about this one

For a defense of partner this would be incredibly bold but either way he’s talking to his partner about unvoting a villager or talking to a villager about unvoting a wolf and I feel like the second one is a bit more likely?

Yeah the “intending to sheep Vulgard on Molly” part sure didn’t last long

What is this

Defense of Molly calling her LHF while pushing me
A Brad/Molly team is becoming increasingly likely

This is also just under a response to May’s ‘confidence of the wolves’ post as well so I feel like Brad might’ve been trying to appeal to May while answering their question

Also Brad had these weird flip-flops on Molly last day phase that don’t really make much sense but his actual agenda seems to be “defend molly”

Oh this just feels awful actually considering Magnus was indeed town
It feels like setting up Lemon and May for tomorrow and with neither of them being the nightkill that’s even more likely

@BradLand What did you mean here

Why not? You had a townread on her for most of the game?

And this is about May today

On Brad’s side I think he’s less aligned with May and more aligned with Molly
Some posts are giving me doubt though, particularly the ones I don’t really understand and have no apparent reason to exist

Molly about Brad

The entirety of day 1 is her talking about Brad by proxy, without ever giving a read on him

This isn’t a read, this is a cop-out

There’s no reason for Brad to be this low based on the ISO prior

No explanation for this
At least there’s some progression but eh

No explanation, again
Molly went from Brad being her PoE read / wolfread to Brad being her strong townread from d1 into d2 without any real elaboration on the why of it

Doesn’t change her mind, still not much reasoning given

Brad as top townread is interesting and pretty bold, then again Brad did something similar with molly when loudly defending her

Yeah I definitely see this as aligned, Molly barely talks about Brad at first, puts him into her PoE when he’s not in danger, then changes her read on him into a townread and it stays that way for the entire game without being reconsidered

Coupled with Brad’s mostly aligned-looking treatment of Molly this is looking like a decently likely world

Molly about May

This is a weird take on May that I’m not sure how to assess
It has shades of ‘please stop townreading May’ but those shades aren’t very strong

May is her second top townread at this point so it looks like she dropped her reservations

This is correct and I liked this read back when it was made
Don’t think it means much in regard to them being paired/unpaired though

I think this turnaround makes sense
Yeah in terms of molly’s treatment of May so far I don’t see something clearly aligned/unaligned, just ‘good posts’ about May
I guess that makes them more unaligned than aligned because it’s typically harder to write good posts about people you know are your partners but I don’t even believe this very strongly to be honest

Hmm

This feels like she’s trying to ML May

This part especially

And this
I feel like if May were Molly’s partner she wouldn’t feel the need to drop them from her townreads and kick them for consecutive days
I’ll read May’s side of things later but this seems far less aligned than the posts about Brad which look extremely aligned

A bit worried about some distancing going on but Molly/May seems significantly less aligned and therefore less likely to be the world than Molly/Brad

I left reading May for last because they spam wallposts and a lot of word salad (sorry May but you’ve even said so yourself!) but so far I’m leaning Molly/Brad pretty strongly

Lmk what you think, again, I’m not 100% on this

2 Likes

Would also like Brad to answer my questions that are nested in the above few posts

1 Like

If it’s Molly/Brad then I’ve been playing terribly for the entire game
Then again everyone who’s been nightkilled has been super wrong

LMFAO thanks lemon i needed that today

1 Like

i only need to unalign a pair to find a wolf

in terms of independent reads i’m thinking vul is the most villagery of the three, but the gamestate feels like it points to him more than the other two. a brad/may team isn’t usually the kind that scores a ton of misses without breaking a sweat and spends the game joat hunting.

may has certainly been a bit of a disaster in thread. i think in terms of attitude, she’s stayed villagery in spite of everything, like she doesn’t care what the world thinks of her, she won’t let a couple incidents kill her momentum for good, she seemed like she was legit agonizing over magnus dying, so like, the things she does, she does with the tone of a villager. but oh god, the actual things she does lmao.

brad has had good moments, but yeah, he’s deflating

also posting these and dipping is cringe

“why doc molly” is brad’s entire reaction to the claim

but i don’t need to screw around with my shitty independent reads anymore, i just have to find one slightly less shitty not w/w read!

2 Likes

Thing is I defended most of the misses and potential misses until I started pushing my reads harder and caused some misses of my own

Why the bolded
You had an unshaken townread on him for four consecutive days, why is this a concern now?

it’s been a concern for a while, i hadn’t thought it was enough on its own

i obviously have to take it as a serious concern now

i poked him on it yesterday, but i didn’t think it was a super important thing compared to may waving her arms calling me a wolf for being aligned with someone who had thread presence

1 Like

What do you think of May right now

i was gonna say this was not w/w because brad got caught off guard by vul

i then realized brad could’ve literally just not expected vul to bus him at sod1 so ignore me

do wolves soapbox to each other like this? it would be weird, but no reason not to.

just throwing in an example of the kind of empty softball interactions brad/may often have

this would be a pretty ballsy w/w move if w/w lol

this push feels like it’s based on relatively little, started for relatively little reason, and disappeared for relatively reason

2 Likes

even i’m disappointed with how little i came up with there :/

i feel like i read most brad posts in identical tone or something and it makes it hard for me to tell the difference between him having normal conversation and feeling threatened/feeling the need to appeal to someone lmao

so i have like, two tiny things from him that look not w/w, and the rest could be contrived to be partnery with someone but realistically could go any way

:melting_face:

i’ll do the same thing with may/vul at an hour at which i should actually be awake

Again, freaking read the game I linked because we were just W/W there, literally not even a month ago

How do people keep reading Brad and making reads on me/Brad in terms of how aligned we are without reading the game where we were literally aligned as wolves that literally just happened, it actually boggles my mind