Grand Idea Thread - Moderated

when you make a class named “i may be stupid” and then forget to put a number on it

Mafia Killing

stupid (night) – If target player’s role number in the GIM thread has ever been edited, negate their lungs tomorrow (and for the rest of the game). 2 Uses

Mafia Wincon

8 Likes

Whether we win the game or lose the game is beside the argument.

Town Killing
You shooting me, if you are a villager, is probably the worst single ITA shot in the history of ITA shots that I have ever seen, in my entire life, in 3 years, on MU, on POG, and I’ve been a host for 2 of them and played dozens. It is potentially one of the most anti-town actions I’ve laid my eyes on in my entire WW career. It is atrocious, dumbfounding, and inexcusable, and close to the border of gamethrowing. And sullies your entire effort to the game, so that your biggest contribution to the game is one in which you are literally indistinguishable to an outted wolf whose team has been decimated so far. Indeed, if you are a villager then wolves got an extra wolf, meaning that YOU ALONE are responsible for making this setup wolfsided. Think about that for a second. (Passive): If you are targeted by an ITA shot, it will be guaranteed to hit.
Town win condition

5 Likes

A quick note about WW theory and how I will play this game.

Town Investigative
Note that the arguments and facts presented here are indisputable, and that I will not engage in arguments about them, because those arguments are you wasting everyone else’s time about meta that is well and comprehensively established. Go make reads so we can read you.

I’ve reflected on my role and realized that there is a GTO play for me in this game, and therefore I am compelled to pursue it. I am going to brute force my clearness immediately upon the opening of the thread.

I am hard-claiming, and I will never be rescinding. I am the seer. When it becomes prudent I will provide my peek.

Benefits:

1. I will survive tonight: I do not believe the wolves are able to kill me tonight, because it is so objectively unlikely that I would ever do this as the seer. I believe that this decision reduces the importance of the seer cover to be provided by all of you to the point of it being negligible. The wolves have already been outplayed, as it were.

2. I’m lock clear: All of you already know I’m lock clear, because it is so objectively unlikely that I would do this as a wolf. You know this for at least two reasons. First, this is the easiest, lowest-stress, lowest-demand game to wolf in that I’ve ever played in (except for turbos). I have no need to complicate my life, as a wolf, by open-claiming on thread open, when all Ihave to do is provide like a C-level wolf game to probably win. This is the rare instance where you literally [i]know[i] that I have a billion other options as a wolf, AND that I would pursue probably ALL of
them before pursuing this. Second, I engage in FPS exceedingly rarely, which necessarily means that I know that this will look WEIRD and SHOCKING to you. There is no merit to a wolf play that instantly generates WEIRD and SHOCKED responses that I would be obligated to finesse and manage for the remainder of the game. As a villager, which I am, the burden is totally on you to not **** up and exe me. Makes my life super awesome.

3. There are only 11 players you need to try to read, rather than 12: I have already provided a “free” peek of me in a game with a mere 13 players. Our win equity is dramatically improved by my being entirely off the table for the entire game.

Conclusion:

The burden of sound reasoning is now entirely upon you. I am the seer, and thus a villager, and thus lock clear. The game is immediately simpler than it would otherwise have been, because of my decision. Now, let us enjoy that benefit and win the game.

Also, to preempt a lengthy and pointless discussion.

It is NOT dumb to ponder this post and convince yourself of its wisdom. That is your obligation as a villager, and I encourage you to think it over for as long as it takes to quell your (initially valid but ultimately unnecessary) concerns.

It IS dumb to, AFTER doing that pondering, conclude that I’m “neutral” or “wolfy.” That is legitimately stupid, and I won’t entertain it. ONE of the reasons it is a stupid conclusion is that the upside of this play as a wolf is absolutely DWARFED by the upside of this play as a villager. There is no equivalency between the EV gain for wolf-me in this position and villager-me in this position. They’re universes apart. That means I wouldn’t DO the poorer option of the two (by extension, wolf-me also wouldn’t BELIEVE that I could convince the entire game of the truth of these assertions for the entire game, which as an end-game wolf I would have to believe if this strategem were to be worth pursuing). A SECOND reason that conclusion is stupid is that the EV bonus of oding this as a wolf is COMPLETELY DWARFED by me baseline wolf EV anyway. Anything that complicates my wolfing life is RIDICULOUSLY stupid for me to do, given that my wolfing life is ALREADY one of the smoothest, highest expectation wolfing lives in WW history anyway. A THIRD reason that conclusion is stupid is that you would probably have to worry about being EXPLOITED by this gambit in order to get there. However, I have NEVER engaged in this, or any similar, gambit in my entire career, meaning that if there IS exploitation to be had with this play, it is in FUTURE GAMES, not this game. For these reasons, pressuring me is extremely wolfy and should not be engaged in by any villager, ever, in this game. There will be no less productive pursuit than that in this game.

Sucks for the wolves when meta is wielded this brutally, but my allegiance is plain and my strategy perfect. Get #rekt. (Night): Target a player. Learn an alignment. (It is not guaranteed to be their alignment).
Town win condition

5 Likes

Town Social
Nice (Passive): You are nice. Your only abilities are your voice and your vote.
Town wincon

3 Likes

Dana Zane

Mafia Offensive

Dana Zane’s Arm (Passive) – All binary investigative roles (alignment cops, parity cops, vanilla cops, gun cops, etc.) will receive false results.

Mafia Wincon

2 Likes

Lexi Rivers

Mafia Offensive

i dont remember the flavor text for this one (Passive) – All binary investigative roles (alignment cops, parity cops, vanilla cops, gun cops, etc.) will receive false results.

Mafia Wincon

2 Likes

I am so supremely confident in my abilities, and so thunderously calm + relaxed, that I will make a single irrelevant post at SOD then peace out for hours on end.

Town Social
I won’t do anything villagery, I won’t make any reads, I’ll make 49 shitposts over the next 35 hours, then once EOD rolls around I’ll make an unspecified number of additional shitposts. No cogent thought will escape these handsome lips. I will be illogical, haphazard, superfluous, inessential, pointless, redundant, uncalled for, unwarranted, unjustified, and gratuitous. The effen theorem will catch me with my pants betwixt my ankles. I’ll vote off-wagon, talk about random nonsense, and make inappropriate japes concerning my relation to wolfchat. I am preemptively declaring any responses to this post “fair enough”. I’ll complain about a lack of WIM, the cause of which is nebuluous, obscure, and entirely insufficient. I will fabricate excuses and pretend I am busy to avoid posting in this thread, when in fact I will be watching cartoons and eating cheeto puffs in my underwear. More specifically, black boxer-briefs. You can’t stop me. You can’t misexe me. You’re powerless. I laugh in your face. I’m a villager, therefore I can do whatever the fuck I want. Go cry in wolfchat, you big baby. While you’re poring over the thread, searching for any clue at all to help you in the seer hunt, know that I am still watching those cartoons and eating those cheeto puffs, nary a care in the world. My armpits are bone dry. I’m a villager, what are you going to do about it? Nothing; you will do nothing about it, because that’s all you can do. Ligma. What’s ligma? Ligma joycats. (Passive): On Day 1, you may only vote to no-execute, and may not cast any other votes. If you violate this restriction, you will be modkilled. Additionally, on Night 1, you will appear as a member of the Mafia to all factional investigations.
Town wincon

2 Likes

Town Social
too slow (Night): target a player to prevent their death tomorrow night (infinite uses)
Town wincon

4 Likes

It’s not me.

Neutral Social
It will never be me. At any interval in which you thought “BDL might be 3p” erase it from your memory banks because it might as well not even exist. People will remember me not as the person who played mafia, rather the person who wasn’t 3p. I don’t care if I never make any other significant accomplishment on MU as long as people understand that in this game I will never flip 3p. I want it written on my tombstone and I want it passed down my generation so if by chance my offspring plays Mafia you are all reminded of the time you exed me and I wasn’t 3p. Under no circumstance in this game will I ever flip 3p. When the world undergoes heat death millions of years from now and the last star burns out and existence itself is torn asunder, somewhere in the desolated cosmos there will be my last reverberations spreading far and wide that I was never 3p. (Passive): You appear as a member of a class of your choice to investigations.
this is the only good neutral role (Night): Target a player. They will be marked for the duration of tomorrow. Tonight, they will appear as a Mafia Killing role, and appear to be visiting the target of the factional kill.
Survive to see two of your marked targets executed.

2 Likes

Dispensation: Vending Machines in Hong Kong

Town Social

The world is being taken over by vending machines (Night) - Quote a post in the thread by you referencing Dr. Doofenshmirtz. An inator (item) will be given to a player of the hosts choice based on what you said, if applicable.

1 Like

vanity, vanity, vanity.

Town Social
It’s simple. Elementary, even. If you open your heart, your mind, nay - your very soul, the truth will come to you. Philosophers debated this question in the great forums of Athens, but even they were too closed-minded to understand the truth. The greatest thinkers of the modern era have grappled with this question. Hobbes, Locke, Descartes, Nietzche, Einstein, Watterson - all have buckled under the weight of the intellectual burden, because they too did not understand the truth.

My villager alignment is not something you learn - it’s something you already know. (Day): Reveal yourself as a member of the Town.
Town win condition

1 Like

Extreme Irkage

No Alignment / No Class Type

irk (passive) – This role has no number. This is intentional. It cannot rand. After all, it has no alignment, no win-condition? What’s the point of even including this role in your game? Why bother? You can try to force-rand it, but what’s the point? All it will grant is an eternal void in your soul that will never be filled up. Live your happy life and let dead things die in peace.

You just lost the game.

2 Likes

I lost the game

neutral social
You win if at least half the players have said “I lost the game” at some point during the game

1 Like

@ Chloe

Town Social

Ping Pong (Passive) - Any time you say someone’s name or a variation of their name, you must ping them. For example, “I think chloe would like the above post” becomes “I think @Chloe would like the above post”

Town wincon

4 Likes

Claim Vigilantes are fun and balanced :)

Mafia Killer
claim vig (Night): Target a player and name a class number in the Grande Idea thread. If that player currently has the corresponding role, they die.
Mafia win condition

1 Like

):<

Mafia Social
i am no longer moderating this thread (Passive): ur a mafia goon.

Mafia win condition

7 Likes

3 Likes

1 Like

Untrusted, as explained to me by Amelia

Mafia Special
kill someone (Night): Kill someone (infinite uses)
why would you ever use this (Night): Target a player. This will have one of the following effects, at random: (infinite uses)

• Learn who that player visits
  • Learn that player’s current logs. Their logs will not flip upon death.
  • Redirect every player targeting you to that player.
    Mafia win condition
2 Likes

Mysterious Electrician Architect :shield: :crossed_swords:

Neutral [Mysterious Electrician] Special

Electrician’s Pledge (Factional Passive) - You are informed of what Mysterious Energy does, as well as who is charged with it. Additionally, you are unconvertable.
Top of the Chain (Passive) - Immune to redirection, occupation, and death.
Current Flow (Day) - Transfer Mysterious Energy from target charged player to target uncharged player. 3 uses
Enlighten (Day) - You and Target Mysterious Electrician will be occupied tonight, bypassing immunity. Tomorrow they will become an Electrician Student.
Charge Up (Factional Night) - Charge target player with Mysterious Energy. Inf uses
Overclock (Night) - Kill 2 players charged with Mysterious Energy. Their logs will not flip. 3 uses
You win when you both gain parity with the Uninformed Majority, defeat all members of the Informed Minority, and defeat any neutrals that directly oppose your win condition.

(Mysterious Energy is a status effect. What it does is either decided by the moderator, or decided by one of the roles present in-game. A player who is inflicted is considered to be charged with Mysterious Energy)