Grande Idea is tough to run when all of the classes are too meme-y or overpowered. Makes for a game that’s just less fun. This time we’re going to try with heaver restrictions on classes to try and ensure a game is actually runnable with the roles submitted. This isn’t an official thread but is a place to put classes you want to see have a reasonable chance at actually being run.
What is Grand Idea?
Grand Idea is a concept where the community submits their own uniquely created classes, which hosts can then rand a pool from and create game.
What’s different about this? Why?
GI Mafia has worked best in the past when there is at least some semblance of balance and coherency within the classes created. Often times however classes are submitted that completely throw that off course, making the game borderline unplayable. This thread will have specifically outlined restrictions to try and counteract that. You can use whatever GI thread you want but this has the garuntee of being moderated for these rules if you want to put in a class that could actually be run in GI.
What are the rules put in place?
Here’s a list:
- Your class must be numbered properly.
- Your class must have one of the 6 class types found in Chair of Deception: Killing, Offensive, Social, Support, Investigative, Special.
- Your class can not alter major mechanics of the game. This includes but is not limited to: Removing the Elimination, removing majority or plurality mechanics, removing the Informed Minority, or changing everyone’s wincon (conversion is okay)
- Your class can not target or name a specific player named in the classcard (for example an ability that can only target Chloe, or a class that only wins if Emilia wins).
- Your class cannot be super overpowered. This is the hardest to moderate, but as a good rule of thumb, if it is stronger than the OG Prince, it’s probably not going to be fun to implement into an actual game.
- Neutrals must have clearly defined and acheivable win conditions. Any class that does not share the exact town or mafia wincons is considered a neutral.
- Classes will have standardized wincons, as seen below:
TOWN (uninformed majority): Defeat all members of the Informed Minority and any neutrals that directly oppose your win condition.
MAFIA (informed minority): Gain parity with the Uninformed Majority and defeat any neutrals that directly oppose your win condition.
Neutral: varies by case to case basis
(you can write “Town wincon” in the wincon line if you want to, just be aware this is what the actual town wincon is)
Cards should be formatted like below. Class numbers are one more than the class before it.
Chloe does have power here :)
You, however, don’t (Passive) - You have no abilities, just your vote and your voice.
Defeat all members of the Informed Minority and any neutrals that directly oppose your win condition.