initiative to improve townplay

The host role

Sounds like a Zork-hosted game.

A who

(it was, except it was anticlaim instead of a postcap)

Zork is a former MU player/host (banned for being toxic) who was known for claims leading to modkills/modpoisons.

Arete, Marl, Marshal, Misty, Ruby, and I played in a game run by Zork.

1 Like

Interesting.

I suppose you might not remember that we were both in that game.

i think i blocked most of it out from trauma

literally won f4 as wolf and still lost anyway

Town Vengeful?

more like town bad game design

1 Like

Nine of the last thirty-two FM games on this site were won by Town. This correlates to a mere 28% Town winrate since last Christmas. We seriously need to do something about improving villager play and “making every setup Townsided” isn’t the answer.

What do we do, how do we fix this?

get better reads

Last Christmas I gave you my heart

I feel people need to focus more on making alliances and also focus on re reading as that’s how Zoro defeated me.

stop making setups scumsided

1 Like

it is literally an unresolved skill issue the only solution is to git gud

I thought the solution was to incentivize townies to play better by Doxxing them should they lose.

“Alright, here’s what you’re gonna do. You’re gonna come into the thread and post a read. Not a good one, one from your gut with no reasoning. Then, no sooner than two hours later, you’re gonna tunnel the second player to cast a vote for you. If anyone questions your logic say nothing. You do that, you’ll catch some wolves. You do that, and you’ll be fine.”

9 Likes

to assume, say, 22% of scum wins are due to town misplay off the information known is not a good idea imo
i think looking into other sites with similar structure and their winrates is a good idea
i honest to god do not think this is just a skill issue
ive seen skill issue and it usually doesnt work out like this
i think doing an analysis of town/scumplay in players across their own and the threads postcount could be interesting, too
ill prolly work on that when i get a chance

3 Likes

I’m supposed to be tracking player statistics across games on another site, I wouldn’t be at all opposed to working on something similar for FOL’s 2022 games if people were at all interested.

2 Likes