[LONG TERM] Fortress of Football

Do you ever look at what GMs do and say “I can do that easily!” Well now is your chance to prove your armchair GM skills

Welcome to Fortress of Football, an American Football sim league run by yours truly

WHAT IS FORTRESS OF FOOTBALL EXACTLY
It’s an American Football sim league run by me, however, the players (the real ones not the virtual ones) will be assuming the roles of GM/HC. This will mean you will be able to fully customize your team down to the exact playbook you run.
WELL ALEPH THIS SOUNDS ALL WELL AND GOOD BUT HOW THE FUCK DO I PLAY
If you would give me a second I can explain. To sign up you will simply post in the thread that you are interested in owning a team. Then I will send you a private message to sort out the details of the team.
HOW LONG WILL THIS LAST?
This in theory can last multiple IRL years, however, you do not need to be obsessively checking the thread for new posts, simply logging in every now and then to perform routine actions for the week is enough to remain in the game
MULTIPLE IRL YEARS? JEEZ ALEPH THAT SEEMS LIKE A LONG ASS TIME FOR A FOOTBALL SIM LEAGUE
Well, this sim will not last for just one season, but hopefully for many seasons to come thus the multiple IRL years timescale.
WHAT IF I GET BORED AND STOP WANTING TO PLAY?
Then we simply let the CPU take over your team whilst I search for a replacement to run the team as cpu run teams are LAMEEEEE
HOW MANY TEAMS ARE THERE AND WHATS THE SCHEDULE!
We will be running a 16 team league, with a 16 game season.
WHAT IF I HAVE A QUESTION THAT DOESNT HAVE AN ANSWER HERE?
Then simply ping me in this thread and ill answer it, please do keep the discussion here to a minimum as to not cause our lovely admins to burn a hole in their wallets to keep the forum up

TEAMS (OWNER)

3 Likes

Tentatively /in but I might need to see an example of how the simulation is ran.

program used to sim

/in

(I’m going to assume I can do this even if I am self signup banning soon cuz this doesnt count as fm)

marshal no don’t do it

yea it’s not a heavy time commit, can be spread out over many days

nevermind

Look Eli the Steelers aren’t gonna be good for the next few irl years so I might as well shoot my shot here

4 Likes

stillers ghanta tha supah bowl

yea no each in game week will be 3-4 irl days

1 Like

can i name my team btw

Marshal, I’m a Browns fan, I’ve spent 20 years thinking the Steelers are going to become shit because they keep aging or the talent isn’t as great as the years before.

Logic and the Steelers don’t go together they just have winning seasons no matter what.

I’ll /in 100% then.

ah yes a fellow alcoholic

1 Like

what do you think

We’re going nowhere until Big Ben retires, tough to win games when half the passes are to the other team

i’d join but only so i can name my team “The X Engineers”

you can do that

i will…
consider it.

You’ll still manage to do better than the Browns who have significantly more talent than the years prior yet still can’t do anything when there’s any semblance of hype or expectations behind them.

I’m also literally predicting it’s going to be Patriots vs Steelers in the AFC Title game this year somehow.