Mafia Championship Season 9 - Congrats/Condolences Wind and Marshal!

help I’m too lazy to vote what do I do

Chloe had 10/10 service would recommend

4 Likes

Let me run down a few things real quick in case y’all forgot

• Hippo has been around since FoL2, which is longer than almost any of you

• Hippo has been responsible for numerous wins over that timeframe, with consistently fantastic reads (very important in mountainous!)

• Over the past six years he has been up for champs rep on several occasions but has generally denied his nomination

• He might deny a nomination next year, as he’s been doing, while none of the other candidates are likely to reject a nom for S10

• Hippo is probably the single most capable forumer of matching kat’s meme potential, and as we found out people really enjoy that

In short, Hippo deserves all the votes. ;)

4 Likes

Hippo was my number 1 seed pick

2 Likes

hippo would be funny to send but i think his playstyle would be extremely disrespected in the champs setting :joy_cat:

i’m ok with him being sent if we dont care about winning
which
i mean
it’s like big brother rules, nobody is going to win 2 just because you’ve already won once

2 Likes

I’ve been playing fourm mafia longer then Hippo but Hippo has been on this site longer then I have.

Your right!

Your honor,
your left.

10 Likes

Ah your right my good knight, how could I have forgotten!

In a world where kat is champ, I strongly disagree

if imma b real i think kat is v different from hippo in that kat was already p established on MU and knew how to translate playstyle to site

not agaisnt hippo nom tho he definitely captures the essence of fol and i think hes good enough to figure it out

frankly i think every nom is a solid send although i think we should send someone new each time

6 Likes

i think yall are overestimating how much i memed in champs tbh lol

or im underestimating it

its hard to tell when you beyond memed specchat

well yeah memeing spec chat is its own sport

just got reminded of the ~30 “bluejay is a wolf” memes i made

good times

2 Likes

Plus if you think Hippo can’t be serious when he needs to be you’ve never played with him when he needs to be lol

I think Umineko FM is a great example of a game where, despite losing, Hippo makes a fantastic case for himself by being basically correct about everything, and making a good, genuine effort to reach out to the other townies, even when they’re blatantly wrong.

Literally what more could you want out of a rep

Also MU experience is helpful but by no means necessary - I’d definitely like him to play a practice game if possible if he goes but beyond that champs is such a melting pot already that I don’t forsee any issues there either

2 Likes

i mean tbh worst case scenaro he can fall back on being the FoL rep

basically all the FoLers on MU have shown to be a little :joy_cat: at times

2 Likes

JUST
HAMMER
BLUEJAY!!!

2 Likes

I actually think Hippo could do really well as champs rep, but did he ever accept the nomination or did he just never decline? :joy_cat:

2 Likes