Mafia: Trials and Tribulations [Thread 1 - DO NOT POST]

Doing stupidly short sighted things to further her thread position damages the integrity of the team, therefore she is less likely to do those things as a mafia. However if she is town then she only knows her own alignment, in which case the goal is valid.

I also don’t buy Italy being in a double state of “all of the votes on my wagon are bad” and “I’m doing nothing Teehee!”

Those are usually contradictory thoughts.

here’s a read from early in SCP FM, a wolf game, to illustrate this- italy is making a bad misunderstanding of LAMIST, and while Leafia is actually correct to not push italy for misunderstanding LAMIST here, regardless of allignment, notice the increased amount of self-awareness- if Leafia was village that game, I’d guarentee you that she’d have made points about TMI by this point, in this exact string of conversation

(sorry for not quoting i just thought screenshotting would be faster)

thank you to Maria-Theresa for explaining the theory for why i think this tell makes psychological sense, by the way, I was mostly focusing on establishing The Pattern rather than properly explaining my internal logic for it, but that is it, yes

2 Likes

Noted I’ll keep that in mind

here’s a quote from a Leafia wolfgame, Risky Light Game (Featuring Rain), in which a lot of reads are expressed, and you can see that the characteristic self-centered reads are included, but most* reads are actually based around the gamestate as a whole

i don’t remember the wolfteam from that game because, i will be honest, i barely skimmed it once when it was happening just to keep track of what my friends were doing, but i guarentee you that most of the non-self-centered reads involve her partners in some way

1 Like

it’s not a matter of absence, it’s a matter of frequency. to shut this sesssion of theorising down, Leafia is villager, I am not voting her, but also her perspective is tainted and it would be wise to not particularly give much credit to anything she says, since everything is based around her allignment in particular

not that that’s a bad thing! it is good to go forward assuming you’re a villager, because your allignment is one of the few things you know 100%, but when it prevents you from seeing things from anyone else’s perspective that can become a huge problem. this is what i mean when i say that leafia is playing badly irrespective of if her conclusions are, strictly speaking, accurate, becasue process absolutely matters a ton in mafia

that’s why i pontificate about theory so much, because part of my playstyle is that my reads aren’t actually very good, to be completely candid, but i try to provide as much process as possible in order that other people with better reads can win the game

anyway italy is honestly not that polaried if i remember rightly so i’m going to have to read them on this game in particular, and that’d be easier if they had more content, so please post more content thanks @Italy

what the fuck does polaried mean

Ici is definitely lock Ici because this discussion is beyond my intellectual capability of understanding

1 Like

polarised, sorry, i make typoes a lot, the legitimate reason is that i can type faster than i can properly think so i make spelling errors frequently

okay hold on a minute let me translate into marlish

ahem

please do not vote leafia im pretty sure she’s villaging

2 Likes

if you play on your phone your typos from speed will decrease dramatically and your typos from fatfingering will skyrocket

That’s my problem with Atlas. I find it likely overall that they are town, since their perspective makes sense (of hyperfixating on me and how unreadable I am) makes more sense coming from a town than a wolf. But I find it extremely hard to defend.

absolutely not my hands are legitimately too fucked up to type on a phone in a manner that is not absurdly sluggish

Your posts would not be so much of a headache to read if you got to the point faster friend

yeah! illl be honest i can vibe with you enough to put you as >rand v, but your understanding of the game is clearly too advanced for me to actually just call you a villager for risk of getting snowed

1 Like

This is literally just wolfy

whats the point of writing essay-length series of posts in mafia games if you don’t bury the lead, it makes sure your audience is paying attention

marl please its wolfy for anyone who has figured out that the entire gamestate doesn’t revolve around her, but Leafia has not yet figured that out, and that’s the root of why she plays so weirdly