Mafia: Trials and Tribulations [Thread 2] - Day 7 (4/17) - Mafia Win!

Lucky was executed! He was…

Franziska von Karma

Town Conditional Doublevoter

“The courtroom is the garden of holy judgment.”

Anything to Win (Night): Target a player. If they are executed tomorrow, the next day, you will have a public double-vote. The double-vote will not be enabled in LyLo. (Infinite uses)
Eliminate the Mafia.

Night 5 begins and will end in 24 hours at 2022-05-31T20:00:00Z. Night actions, including Truth and Deception lists, are due two hours before the end of the night.

EoD5 flavor

(Contains spoilers for Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Case 4, as well as minor spoilers for Justice for All Case 3 and Justice for All Case 4.)

May 31, 1:20 PM
District Court --Courtroom No. 8

As the next day’s proceedings began, people began to throw out more speculations.

“I think the terrorists actually lowered a puppet version of someone from an upstairs window and used that to set off the bomb, that’s how no one saw them.”

“There aren’t upstairs windows in the courthouse! I think the terrorists actually hired Shelly de Killer to do their dirty work.”

“Do you see his calling card? I didn’t think so. I think the terrorists probably dressed up as the intended victim, and then–”

The crack of a whip echoed sharply through the courtroom, as a young woman with short blue hair glared at all the speakers. “Foolish fools, all of you!” she said. “Foolish fools, unaware of even your own foolishness…”

The person she had just struck stared back at her. “I think it’s suspicious how you’re trying to shut down discussion like that,” he said. “What do you have to hide?”

“I have nothing to hide,” said the woman. “I just think this conversation is a waste of time.”

“Trying to find the terrorists is never a waste of time!” he said. “Only a terrorist could say something like that!”

“I will not let you accuse me of being a terrorist!” said the woman. “Do you know who I am? I am Franziska von Karma, and a von Karma always wins!”

“Wait, von Karma?” said someone else. “Like the dude that got convicted of murder after he tried to frame his own adopted son?”

“My father is not worthy of the name,” said Franziska stiffly. “Even forging evidence to support his narratives, even threatening the lives of the defense attorneys who challenged him, he still managed to lose. Only a pitiable fool could have the ability to make the facts say anything they wished, and still manage to lose.”

“Uh, so no offense, but you sound way more concerned by the thing where he lost than by the thing where he literally killed someone and tried to frame an innocent person,” said the previous speaker. “I feel like that’s kind of a terrorist-y set of priorities, you know? Like, normal people would care more about the murder thing, you know?”

Franziska von Karma slapped the speaker with her whip. “Of course his loss is the most important thing! A von Karma must do anything to win. If you are not willing to go even that far, what can you say for yourself?”

“Anything to win?” replied the speaker. “Like terrorism?”

“If terrorism is the only way to win, then of course I would become a terrorist!” said Franziska von Karma. “I would not think of doing otherwise.”

The Judge banged his gavel on the desk. “It sounds like Miss von Karma just confessed to having terroristic intentions,” he said. “Now, I know you all haven’t voted yet, but that seems pretty decisive.”

“I didn’t say I’m a terrorist!” said Franziska. “Just that I would become one if necessary–”

“All in favor of convicting Miss von Karma of terrorism and sentencing her to death, say aye.”

One by one, the members of the courtroom nodded in assent. A few shuffled around uncertainly, but none were willing to speak against her execution, save Franziska herself.

1 Like

Just a general heads-up that EoN may be slightly delayed, I tested positive for Covid and am moving into isolation housing

I think I should be able to hit the phase deadline, this is a ‘just in case’ sort of announcement

SoD6 flavor

May 31, 1:21 PM
District Court – Defendant’s Lobby

As the sun rose over the courthouse the next day and its occupants began to blink themselves awake, a strange silence seemed to hang over the day. Whereas so many of the previous sunrises had been heralded by commotion or fighting, this one was different. This one was silent, calm, peaceful.

As the first of them made her way upstairs, she saw a college-aged man sleeping on the ground in the lobby, holding a lamp wrapped in his hands. She walked over to him and tapped his shoulder. “Wake up, sir, it’s time for the trial.”

The young man didn’t respond. She frowned, and shook him harder. “I said, wake up!”

As the young man continued to lie there, the woman realized that his body was cold and motionless. She leaned over to get a closer look at what he’d been doing with the lamp, but jumped back reflexively as she realized that where the cord connected to the lamp, the wires were exposed, and were sparking slightly.

“The lamp was fine last night,” said someone else, drawing up beside her. “I remember turning it off, and there definitely wasn’t anything like … this. Not that I thought much of it at the time, obviously.”

“I don’t understand,” muttered the first person. “He wasn’t – some sort of famous person, like the cop who died last night, or anything. No one should’ve had a reason to target him. He was just some college kid! He told me about his summer internship and the school play and – it’s just so stupid–”

1 Like

This topic was automatically opened after 23 hours.

Millium has died in the night! He was:

Doug Swallow

Town Burnout Doctor

“I’m telling you for your sake.”

STEM Burnout (Passive): After successfully saving a player with Pharmacology, you will lose access to Pharmacology. You will be informed if this happens.
Pharmacology (Night): Target a player, protecting them from death for the night. (Infinite uses)
Eliminate the Mafia.

Day 6 begins and will end in 48 hours, at 2022-06-02T20:00:00Z, or earlier if a majority is reached for execution. With 7 players alive, majority is 4.

massping

@CRichardFortressLies
@Frostwolf103
@Marluxion
@Litten
@Italy
@Wisdom
@ElizaThePsycho

what a troll
wisp put Chloe and me in their truth list and everyone else in their deception list

is today lylo i’m dumb

what do you mean is today lylo you can easily do math

i was going to say “litten is alive in lylo, dybu dabu caught scum”

then i realized i might be dumb and its not lylo

either way litten is alive on d6

i may have also treed

so is marl
so is the person marl has cleared
what is your point

the most townie person itg died and you are pointing out the fact that im still alive

my point is:
all of my worlds have been shattered

Welp

the problem is
literally every kill has been understandably not you
so like

Chloe/Italy isn’t possible - Chloe tracked to Italy
Chloe/Frost isn’t possible - Frost roleblocked when Chloe was tracked to Italy
Chloe/Wisdom probably isn’t likely, cause Chloe would have ran to the bank with the wisdom clear if wisdom was a w.

Only possible Chloe worlds are Chloe/Marl or Chloe/Eliza, which the first I can actually see because Marluxion hasn’t been pushing as hard as he can with regards to Chloe, perhaps knowing that they wouldn’t get executed. Other than that, these are the only possible way they could be mafia imo

I really wanna throw my hands up in the air and say it’s Italy/Frost but that’s only because my hands are forced behind my back with my current world view, and because of how twisted my hands are…I don’t actually trust that to be the exact team

1 Like