[Misc] Drabble Duel (Voting Time)

this looks awesome meow

3 Likes

A picture is worth a thous—wait sorry a hundred words

2 Likes

I stole a like
Get thefted (that’s not a word) from NERD

(you don’t get to unlike, that’s like… Illegal)

Coca cola icecream shoved in soy sauce

1 Like

close
fruity popsicle in regular cola

1 Like

The creation period is now open! It will end 2023-10-30T02:00:00Z. Send your stories of exactly 100 words to me via forum PM.

Five randomly generated nouns (your story must have some form of connection to at least one of these nouns, although it can be indirect or implicit):

• initiative
  • technology
  • conversation
  • celebration
  • independence

I swear I actually did randomly generate these

1 Like

cc @Keldi @min

2 Likes

Age of Enlightenment moment

1 Like

Reminder that this is in a little over an hour! Get your last minute submissions in!

1 Like

my god

can we give it a title that’s not part of the 100 words

uhhh I’m going with no for fairness to everyone who’s already submitted

1 Like

temporarily disabling likes while I post all the stories, they will be reenabled afterwards

To: All employees
RE: The Refrigerator

As you may be aware, this last Thursday marked our Annual Company Board Game Night (ACBGN). We at Associated Business Solutions take great pride in our workplace culture, and management is very glad that so many of you showed up to this celebration.

Unfortunately, some of you abused the freedom this joyous night granted. As a result of their actions, we were forced to end the ACBGN early and call the fire department.

Effective IMMEDIATELY, Uno is banned at all future ACBGNs and all refrigerator privileges are revoked without EXPRESS WRITTEN PERMISSION.

Thank you.

3 Likes

[This post has been redacted after moderator discussion]

1 Like

I hate being the Dungeon Master for Arete. Every time I try to make a cool story, I end up saying “roll for initiative.” “Oh, this beautiful princess character I just made, I wonder how Arete will react to her. Would they try to save her or seduce her?”, I think to myself. “Roll for initiative,” I grumble. “Oh, these peaceful innocent halfling children. I wonder if Arete will do the side quest to return their stolen sweetrolls?” “Roll for initiative,” I say with a blank expression as Arete slaughters them all. “Roll for initiative.” “Roll for initiative.” “Roll for…”

5 Likes

(NARRATOR in a dramatic voice): THE YEAR IS XXX5X. THE SANTA CLAUS CORPORATION HAS TURNED ALL OF HUMANITY TO ELVES EXCEPT FOR THE LAST REMAINING HUMAN ON PLANET EARTH

(slow pan up to face) GEORGE WASHINGTON: I’m here to liberate America and gift presents… (cut to black) and I’m all out of presents

(various shots of George absolutely disintegrating elves and reindeer using extremely futuristic gear)

SANTA: I WANT THAT FREEDOM FIGHTER DEAD NOW! (elves rush out of factory armed with laser blasters and rocket launchers)

GEORGE WASHINGTON: Heh, nothing personal big guy

NARRATOR: GEORGE VS. SANTA 3, COMING 2024

5 Likes

Silver splatters from the storm above stunningly complement my work in the sullied concrete alleyway, brightened by beautiful blood. The rain is ambient to perfection, the revenge as planned.

“A toast!” I whisper to the thundering clouds, elated, the needed deed done. I have no drink to raise; merely my spirit.

I know I’ve nowhere to hide. The police are foolish to find me, put a stop to me, for my righteous cause, but they will. Sworn duty, or something similar, so… I concede.

I step inside a nearby pub, bloodied, cheering…

“A drink to death!”

And await the end.

5 Likes

“Wow-what-a-nice-word-counter… I-sure-hope-no-one-abuses-it” Arete said quickly.

“No one would do that.”

“Magnus? W-what-are-you-doing-here?”

“I’m here to write a story.”

“Wh…why-here? What? That’s-what-the-cookie-thread-is-for…” Arete, now out of breath, sank down in their chair.

Suddenly, a loud howl comes from the cookie thread.

“Speak of the devil! Oh. Yes, that’s my wolf chat meeting. I must be going now.” Magnus calmly runs out the door.

VOTE: Magnus!!! Everyone. VOTE: Magnus!!! Literally-they’re-literally-openwolfing!!!”

No one heard that though. Rather, “nya nya nya nya nya nya” rang through the fortress.

The fortress nya-ed back, the echoes reverberating through the empty halls long after everyone went silent.

3 Likes