[MISC] Minority Rule - Itemized Insanity [GAME OVER - NO VICTOR]

oh god it’s gonna take me a bit to write the post
we have 8 minutes left until signups close, i’m gonna pre-emptively start writing this

1 Like

sure /in

4 Likes

lmao last minute of course
I need to get into character now
honestly i just kinda improvved the two voices in the OP and i guess now i’m rolling with them

2 Likes

SIGNUPS ARE NOW CLOSED.
Please hold…

3 Likes

5 Likes

HEY. Pick up the PHONE.

Oh?

Click.

Oh!

Click.

Wowie, wowie, wowie! Look at that, pally! We got twice as many as we planned for! What a success!

Looks like it might NOT go as badly after all.

Well, what are we waiting for? Let’s start the show!!!

And so, our stage is set. The lights are on, yet… the actors are gone! Where is my cast and crew? Get out here!

The lot of you shuffle out onto the stage, not quite sure how you got here, other than a vague memory of you having definitely signed up for this. Looking over you lot is…

Our hosts!

One of them appears to be some kind of robot with violet hair and a fake yellow “eye”, the other socket exposed and showing something goopy and pitch black inside, which is leaking. Despite that, there seems to be a starry yellow light beaming out as well. This host has no clothes on, exposing all the beauty of the well-crafted mechanical body.

The other one is a vaguely humanoid figure, all black. Shadowy tendrils seep out from the head, spilling out everywhere. A dim white light glows from behind a black veil held in place by a crown of barbed wire. Another veil covers the mouth. This figure is clothed, wearing a black turtleneck and cloak, as well as leather black gloves.

Each one seems to speak very oddly, enunciating their words in odd ways. Obviously, English isn’t their first language, though that doesn’t seem to cause any real problems.

Welcome to the GAME.

Welcome one, welcome all! Hope you don’t mind that it’s a quiet night tonight~

There is no one in the audience.

Let’s get right to it! My partner and I will be your hosts for this evening! And without further delay! We BEGIN!

With a snap of the chatty one’s fingers, you all suddenly find yourself adorned with beautiful costumes. Well. Some look ridiculous. But clearly, there was a lot of care put into each one.

The robotic one begins to narrate…

Ahem.

…As in, they literally say “ahem”.

Twenty-four fellows, facing off!
Only one of our cast will remain!
Life and death (or so it seems),
As each seeks victory to claim!
Why each came here, no one knows,
Perhaps, a tale for another day!
But not a single one will stop
'Til nobody is standing in their way!

SIGH. You and POETRY.

(Hey, shut up! You’re narrating too!)

OKAY, okay.

TWENTY-FOUR competitors, give your names,
Make your BETS, stake your claims.
Face a fate ALL too uncertain.
SURVIVE until we close the curtains.

(Told you, you ARE good at this.)
Mm! You all are presented with the first round of the game! Twenty-FIVE items! Beware, for a terrible curse awaits those who cannot confidently choose a selection rare!

Our selections are AS FOLLOWS:

A wooden sign pops up at the back wall. It reads:

ITEM POOL

AIR
[A random picker becomes Light.]

BLOODLUST
[A random picker becomes Murderous.]

CAVERN
[A random picker becomes lost in the CAVERN OF FUN!~ and skips the next round.]

DILEMMA
[All pickers become Indecisive.]

EARTH
[A random picker becomes Heavy.]

FEAR
[All pickers become Phobic.]

GLUE
[A random picker becomes Sticky.]

INSANITY
[A random picker becomes Insane.]

JESTER
[Takes on the effect of a random item.]

KLEPTOMANIA
[All pickers take a status effect from a random non-picker each. If there are not enough status effects outside of this group, the remaining pickers take status effects from each other, instead.]

LONELY
[A random picker becomes Antisocial.]

LOOP
[If anyone picks this item, it will be in the item pool next round.]

MAGNET
[A random person who did not pick this will be forced to pick this item.]

MULTIPLY
[All who pick this count as two votes for the round.]

NORMAL
[No effect.]

ORIGIN
[A random picker is made to pick a different item.]

POLL
[One random picker gets to choose one of the items in this pool to be included in the next round.]

PRAYER
[One picker will become Blessed, while the rest will become Cursed.]

SACRIFICE
[A random picker will die, and a random player who would have died this round will be spared from dying.]

SANCTUARY
[All pickers of this item cannot die this round unless by being in the majority.]

TARGET
[A random picker becomes Targeted.]

UNITY
[If everyone picks this, no one dies this round.]

VALENTINE
[Two pickers become Lovers.]

WHEEL OF FORTUNE
[If this is the majority pick, one random picker survives. If not, one random picker dies.]

WORSHIP
[All pickers become Devout.]

You have 24 hours from the posting of this long ass threadpost to make your selection. Sorry it took so long, I was trying to find a good picrew for the two.

(You may also talk to the hosts if you’d like. No promises on me being around to answer.)

MASS PING

@Whysper
@Chloe
@ElizaThePsycho
@YoubutWorse
@Mistyx
@Zorvo
@Atlas
@Magician
@thepigeonnyc
@Squirrel2412
@Marluxion
@JakeTheWolfie
@Hippopablompoyeetus
@Silviu200530
@Marluna
@Jane
@Trochilidae
@Amelia
@Litten
@Blitz
@Rajidae
@Arctic
@orangeandblack5
@DatBird

3 Likes

nice

can you add the effects of each item to the post for faster reference

2 Likes

@keldi do you have a discord I could send my picks to or do i have to do it through forums

1 Like

I was conjured from a hat, I’m just a prop. Don’t mind me, don’t mind me…

1 Like

i do have a discord, i’ll dm you if you’d like?

1 Like

that’s a lot of options

3 Likes

Yep, 'cause we have a lot of participants!

1 Like

ye
ElizaTheTurkey#0001

we had like 70 the one time and still had like ten rooms

1 Like

The robotic one jumps onstage momentarily, writing faster than should be physically possible. When they’re done, the sign has been updated.

1 Like

thats a lot of rooms

For your convenience:

Round 1
  • Air - A random picker becomes Light.
    Light - Your vote is not counted.

• Bloodlust - A random picker becomes Murderous.
    Murderous - A random player who picks the same item as you is eliminated.

• Cavern - A random picker becomes lost in the CAVERN OF FUN!~ and skips the next round.

• Dilemma - All pickers become Indecisive.
    Indecisive - You must pick 2 items. Your choice will be randomized between these two.

• Earth - A random picker becomes Heavy.
    Heavy - Your vote counts as 2 votes.

• Fear - All pickers become Phobic.
    Phobic - If any player is Phobic, there will be one item that CANNOT be picked by Phobic players.

• Glue - A random picker becomes Sticky.
    Sticky - Whatever item you pick will return next round. This effect only lasts one round after it is applied.

• Insanity - A random picker becomes Insane.
    Insane - You must pick the majority, or you will die.

• Jester - Takes on the effect of a random item.

• Kleptomania - All pickers take a status effect from a random non-picker each. If there are not enough status effects outside of this group, the remaining pickers take status effects from each other, instead.

• Lonely - A random picker becomes Antisocial.
    Antisocial - If you pick an item that more than 1 other person picks, you die.

• Loop - If anyone picks this item, it will be in the item pool next round.

• Magnet - A random person who did not pick this will be forced to pick this item.

• Multiply - All who pick this count as two votes for the round.

• Normal - No effect.

• Origin - A random picker is made to pick a different item.

• Poll - One random picker gets to choose one of the items in this pool to be included in the next round.

• Prayer - One picker will become Blessed, while the rest will become Cursed.
    Blessed - You will be saved from death one time. After you are saved from death, this status is removed.
    Cursed - You will die next round unless this status is removed or your death is prevented. If you do not die, this status is removed.

• Sacrifice - A random picker will die, and a random player who would have died this round will be spared from dying.

• Sanctuary - All pickers cannot die this round unless by being in the majority.

• Target - A random picker becomes Targeted.
    Targeted - All item and status effects that would pick someone random will pick you. This only applies if you would have been a possible choice anyways.

• Unity - If everyone picks this, no one dies this round.

• Valentine - Two pickers become Lovers.
    Lovers - Effects that apply to one apply to the other. Picking the same item makes your collective vote count as 1.

• Wheel of Fortune - If this is the majority pick, one random picker survives. If not, one random picker dies.

• Worship - All pickers become Devout.
    Devout - If any player is Devout, there will be one item that can only be picked by Devout players.
6 Likes

Keidi did it first, sorry everyone.

1 Like

i will be honest i was not expecting nearly this many people to show up when i wrote the rule about how many items are in each round’s pool

1 Like