[MISC] Stellaris: Federations - Signups (7/8+)

Yes because why wouldnt you

Well if you are not with the winners at the point they decide you should claim, you can bluff rivals to get on the winning team

But if your rivals are on the winning team, you lose?

Yes but you can also claim they’re bluffing to get them kicked off

But they wouldnt gain anything from bluffing, also this is assuming that no one on that team has you as their rival. Like during the game couldnt I just say

“Hey, X and Y are my rivals, who wants to form a federation?”
and then form a federation with everyone who doesnt have you as their rival and isnt your rival. Theres not really a point to lie about it because if youre pushing to get someone kicked off of a federation, its kinda obvious that they’re your rival.

Like why would you go “oh obv x and y are lying about who their rivals are lets kick them off!”
why would X and Y lie when they’re already on the winning team

Theres not really much reason to lie because most of the time you have no incentive to lie about who your rivals are. It would just be more optimal to simply say the truth and if you end up on the losing team, well tough luck

Because one of their rivals woulda been on the winning team

That’s like no-exeing d1 to prove Vortox

Really the only one you can trust is the first to claim

but they would lose then?
so it doesnt matter?
Like if theyre sticking to the team even though one of their rivals are on it, that just helps that federation. They get more members which means a more secured victory, and then those two people lose.

Mate if you can get your rival kicked off the team, then you win

If you’re the largest federation, there is no reason to kick people out unless a lot of people share the same rival as you

But its a majority vote? You cant just solo vote to remove someone unless multiple people also want that person gone

Yeah that’s why you have 2 rivals

but that doesnt change any of my points…

I mean
Would cappping feds fix this?

I dont know, I think something more about claiming rivals (like if you can guess who had you as a rival then they lose) or something like that, since I see no downside to everyone claiming who their rivals are the figuring out how the most people can win mathematically. Even if you lie about it in thread, you’re probably gonna at least some point claim it to somebody because there is no reason not to

You can pretend to be buddy buddy with players and have “their best intrests in mind” and influence them to stick with you longer if they have the same target

And also that they’d be incompatible with far too many players

And if one person has 0 people against them they can control the game

Sure, why not.

/In

2 Likes