Monster Mistery: Chapter 0: Escape.

It’s not from burnt bread this time, is it? :wink:

Cryptic question here: “Who has used it so far?”

This might sound offensive, but @Leafia I feel like this is actually a great accomplishment compared to every other timeline I have witnessed so far.

1 Like

Laughs Quickest death of them all. ^_^

Yeah. Congrats Silviu.

Attempt #9 (Silviu)

You start running out the room, and searching in the forest left and right… At the ravine you meet Hansen, Hunter and James, also you have a hunch (based on an off-hand comment of James), and start climbing down the ravine wall. You find the trials, but you can’t start those alone. Climbing back, you mention that there is an escape to the trio, who waited for you to climb. So they climb down. You start gathering the people, but once you mention the name Amaquelin, she drags you to her, and pledges allegiance to her in front of you. You move with the gathered people to the ravine, and start climbing down. Strangely the trials don’t start, and you decide to climb down even more, but with a careless move you are pushed off the wall and you fall to your death.

Your watch beeped twice at 00:05
And twice at 01:30
Once at 06:00

The very first version was before the release “Your Turn To Die”

Although I think both “Your Turn To Die” and my game were inspired by the Zero escape games…

(My game definetly was)

2 Likes

These constants… It’s starting to bug me off. I can’t seem to pinpoint the exact cause of the unknown constant that is [REDACTED], even though I am able to recreate the outlines of the story based on the context of my own experiences.

My sole consolation is that the constant of [REDACTED] was easily spotted because Altruist!Zone is a pacifist with a big mouth. (Which was ironically the cause of a big tragedy.) It was pure chance that he obtained the key information to resolve the issue. However, what I didn’t expect was the butterfly effect. If I were to attempt preventing one constant, then the world itself will try its best to keep the continuation of the constant’s existence, even if it shows up in another form.

I now have the idea of what to do in the next timeline, but before then I also need to find out the cause of the constant of [REDACTED]. Here’s my problem: I don’t even know where it stems from. The participants affected by this constant are definitely not the same, so rather than a constant it is more akin to a variable. However, I do not believe for a single moment that these variables occur constantly. I believe that the constant of [REDACTED] is essentially a more complex expansion of the early constant of [REDACTED]. (Now, if only I can find a way to prevent it…)

“A set of variables that occurs constantly.”
Perhaps I should have called this “fate” instead.
Fate. “That which is predetermined.”

To fight against fate, we as players have the power of “destiny”;
The power of choosing and taking responsibility for our lives.

...oh. So that's how it is. :eye_in_speech_bubble:
(…! NO! :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:)

Wait a minute. Sand 1, Alligator 3, Ravine 9. Silviu, you have experienced all common deaths except for electrocution! :rofl:

The next time I’ll ask the medusa if I can borrow their witch to fly me into there

(That’s if she has a broom)

I died by sand, fortunately I did not die of old age at the lake side, fortunately I did not go into the fog forest.

I died by falling

I died by alligator

Y’know, the more I play this game, the less I think a perfect clear is possible. This game may be inspired by Zero Escape, but I think it is a tad bit more brutal than Zero Escape.

1 Like

I still don’t know, where you got the old age story… When everything says that it turns things younger/Rejuvenating.

Oops, the other way around

Since the players aren’t limited to 2/3 choices per selection, there can be way more branches, than a typical visual novel. (In exchange some sessions are way shorter.)

1 Like

Attempt #10 (Zone_Q11)

You start trying to talk with the vampire, but the short woman interrupts you, and you learn that the vampire is her target. After the lizardman leaves, you drop the big bomb that you traveled back in time, and manage to learn Lilith’s name, and the fact that Romero is a monster, who eats corpses…
The fifteen of you make four groups.
Amaquelin, Emerenta, Lilith, the vampire and the short woman are searching for the mysterious lake. Fred and Hunter are staying in the starting room. Romero, George and the last guy are going to the ravine. While you, Hansen, Elisabeth, Mary and James check out the desert, and the barrier at the end of it. With a good plan you all reach the end of desert, where Hanses confirms, she can make a gap on the barrier, although it’s very inconvenient. Reaching a stalemate you decide to go back to the starting room, where you learn that others have disappeared one by one, which later happens to your group as well. James, Mary and Elisabeth decide they will try the trials of the ravine, before they disappear as well. At the end you are left alone… In a few minutes, you died without knowing how.

Your watch beeped once at 00:05, 01:30, 03:30, 05:00, 06:00, 06:30, and twice at 06:45…

MFW altruism gets rewarded with punishment:
:expressionless: :pleading_face: :sob:

:popcorn:
I have no idea what’s going on.