Netrunner Mafia - Game Over: Mala Tempora

The true Ashlyn Experience™

1 Like

Lol me too when I arrived late to the thread I expected it’s take a good half hour to catch up the new FoL sure is different lmao

Anyways hi I’m NP I’m a nerd who used to play Mafia and for some reason decided it’d be a good idea to do so again

me when content creation
pathological taught me that life is pain and I was born to suffer

1 Like

wolfy pop in

/vote Dum

1 Like

This post feels like a callout and I want to know the tea lmao

2 Likes

this is fairly unusual for a game on fol but i kinda expected this since the playerlist seems… mostly chill and also because a lot of the time when there’a postcap in games here people start posting way less than normal

:joy_cat:
i’m not innocent either!

Good Luck Everyone! ^_^

Flygon

theres a fucking post cap?

i have regrets

The lesson of pathological is that you should trust me
this is a lie do not do this

Goddamn my uni wifi is dying

folers when they can’t post 400 times in one day

to vote you now need to use this icon

followed by the player name
the icon to the right of it is used to unvote

you can use the gavel icon under each post to view the votecount as of that post

maybe
for now i’ll go with “let’s not d1 her again unless she becomes incredibly wolfy”

2 Likes

What I figured out from that game was “don’t be so confident and don’t force your reads so much.” Which I didn’t! I played another game after that, on The Org, and I played it very un-confidently up to a certain point, mostly asking questions and making some uncertain reads. I was pushed relentlessly by Pizza for playing like this, I explained my exact mindset, he kept pushing me, then he shot me with a desperado shot on day 2 and died. I inherited the desperado, didn’t say anything about it, lived to d3, then went with what my gut feeling told me about the gamestate and bagged a wolf with the desperado shot. After that, I led the yeet train and bagged another wolf with it, and then I was nightkilled. So, basically, I stuck it to Pizza for misreading me (in a way) and the fact I wasn’t playing confidently before a certain point didn’t matter because I was still able to get some wolves.

Obviously, the fact I got myself tunneled didn’t help the gamestate on the early days, and my voting was definitely horrible on the early days as well, so those are the things I should improve on (projecting town, now when have I said this before)? I don’t think the latter is improvable, though, and I think my playstyle makes the former inherently difficult, so I’m surprisingly content with where I am right now. I’ll lead a yeet train when I feel the need to and I’ll try to change the gamestate when I feel the need to, but until then I’ll likely just sit on the sidelines and ask some questions while developing a few reads. Nothing too grand.

Speaking of reads, Ashlyn, have you solved the game yet?

2 Likes

i usually 200 post if i saw that postcap i would never have inned.

Anyways, im here regardless, so i’ll play

2 Likes

That’s not exactly true, it’s more that “if the wolves set themselves up early on, your voting is definitely going to be horrible, what you should do is make sure they don’t just get to run the game from beginning to end.” Which is exactly what happened in that game, what could’ve been a stomp went to f3 and we lost to a lolLostWolf who looked good off interactions with flipped wolves (no shit, they had no TMI). And what I’ll hopefully be able to prevent in this game if it ever becomes necessary.

Ngl, I thought this post was written by a bot. No offense.

I like this idea
Because getting D1 sucks! Imagine if it happened twice… in… a… row…

2 Likes

honestly this list doesn’t really have me worried about wolves controlling the game (except for you, maybe), i’m more worried about us just killing ourselves again given i expect there to be quite a lot of slanking this game

in that case i think you ought to relinquish your title

in other news say hello to my little friend who i’ve been growing for the past 2 hours