Pathologic Invitational - TOWN VICTORY!!

ok wait
Arctic, you asked me a bunch of questions but I didn’t really ask you anything

do you have any goals, changes to playstyle you’re planning, etc. this game?

let’s make this a question for everyone

you’re not actually wrong
though it’s not necessarily a bad thing at least for me
the more concern you show about solving my slot the easier it will be to read you

well, what i planned on doing last game was to improve upon my doomerposting and try to keep positive even when the game looked rough. the issue is i didn’t actually get to act on this really because there was never a point where i thought we were actually going to lose. this game i feel like i’m more likely to have these negative thoughts because i am in fact town, and this is in fact FoL. i also wanted to try keep a level head and avoid getting too tunneled or making the game unenjoyable for anyone, but again because i was mafia i couldn’t really act on the former. so i’m carrying over these goals to this game now that i can actually act on them :wowee:

2 Likes

yeah, I don’t think negativity is helpful in any way as either alignment but it’s especially bad coming from town because you can also affect other people’s motivation to solve

there’s also when like egos come into play and people care more about being right individually as a player to idk showcase their amazingness or something over being right as a team

this is kind of getting off-topic and deeper than I intended but yeah

2 Likes

mmm yeah. it can sometimes be read into which does provide some use (:wowee:) but i think the overall cost of demotivating everyone makes it not worth it in general

as for ego stuff, i like to think my days of ego playing are gone after how many times i’ve screwed myself and everyone over by overestimating my ability (i’ve come to accept my village game is pretty poor/average)

well there’s nothing else to do really until other people turn up lol

first

first

^me after every game
but I tend to uhhh selectively forget being wrong in past games instead of actually going back and learning where or why I was wrong (which happens only occasionally)

it helps me cope :ayaya:

1 Like

now that you two have posted, you’re obligated to answer the following question:

Actually playing the game :3
I’m known for lowposting and I kinda don’t wanna do that, seeing how I’m theoretically very free this coming 2 weeks

…were you really lurking here for 40 minutes without saying anything else

remember how i said I’m “theoretically” free
am desperately trying to finish hw :3

also question
what’s wrong with me lurking when
a) half the game hasn’t even posted
b) this is literally the 33rd post

Not sure why arctic cares about this so much

1 Like

hehe this was what i was waiting for

pout-hmph

you’re clearly not supposed to spend any of your free time doing anything other than playing mafia

on a serious note, this would be helpful

1 Like

eh i may as well share my thought process

i was curious as to why you bothered to turn up to the thread if you weren’t going to say anything, until you were prompted by lemon to do so. i was still mulling over whether it was AI or not until you made this post:

…where you outright say you want to actually play the game more. so you making an effort to turn up and then not playing the game felt incongruous

the sass response you gave me is what i’m used to seeing from a town!you when you feel as though stronger players are pushing on you for bad reasons. i generally remember you being slightly more coy/reserved when responding to pressure as a wolf, though the only wolfgame of yours i remember was quite a while ago

in conclusion?
uh
there is no conclusion

2 Likes

was going to say I still have a vague impression of your more active town meta from like 1 or 2 years ago but then uhhh idk how accurate or how much of a good (or bad) idea it will be to look at that

Hi. Hello.

I feel like my playstyle the last few games has suffered most from the expectation that I’ll have found the wolves by xyz time in the game. I was better when I was more spontaneous. You can kinda see it in that pattern of having a great D1, then slowly building up the mental pressure on “well I should have actual theories by now” and falling off until late in the game, when I actually manage to piece together who I think the wolves are. I want to remember to engage with the game throughout D2 and D3, even if I don’t know who the wolves are yet.