Personal Host Accounts

We are shifting from our original host account system, and now allowing users to create their own host accounts, which are shared with co-hosts. These personal accounts will be given host powers only for the duration of the game, and the main host MUST change the password if they plan on re-using the account with different co-hosts.

5 Likes

Why

1 Like

can i share my password and make me a host account

2 Likes

does the yellow thing stay for hosts

can i get one of the host accounts. as a gift

3 Likes

Will the original host accounts remain active?

Presumably for archive reasons.

Can Jaiden get one of the host accounts. As a gift

lowkey I was already doing this anyway and just making excuses for it any time somebody asked about it

1 Like

To inflate the registered users number

1 Like

no

Probably not for the new accounts - it could cause problems if nearly the entire playerbase can access host powers at any time

no

no

I noticed I just assumed Chloe was okay with it :joy_cat:

4 Likes

For personal host accounts DURING their games yeah
not for people who choose to host on their main account though (because we dont want the host flair to pop-up in other games that user may choose to play while they are hosting)

2 Likes

I’m shocked.

1 Like

yes sorry for clarity the yellow will stay DURING the game but not AFTER the game

2 Likes

paypal me 200 dollars and i’ll leave one of the hosting accounts outside the backdoor, take it when none of the other mods are looking

6 Likes

Why?

which part

Does that mean we can finally invite the admin accounts into DMs for an unlimited amount of time without worrying about security concerns?

Deal

Some hosts may use their main accounts and switch to the host account when they want to lock/unlock the gamethread, make an announcement stand out, remove users from private messages, or perform some other action that isn’t possible on a lower Trust Level.

If you do use a host account, please remove it from any rolecards when the game concludes.

Whoops it seems Ive misread