Planets Tracker9 - Day 4 (2/9) - Mafia Win!

Reeeee but at the back of my mind it’s like it could be Hermes but I know Aleph is just the better vote here.

C’mon lucky just vote Aleph what are you waiting for?

Sorry if I’m wrong, @Litten there isn’t much I can do here no one will speak to me and I need to go do something and won’t be back for a couple hours

/Vote Aleph @Host_Account_5

Day 4 VC

Player Votes Voted By
Aleph 1/2 Lucky
Not Voting 2 Aleph, Hermes

/vote Aleph

@Host_Account_5

Aleph has been eliminated!

The Mafia (@Marluna & @Hermes) have overpowered the town and won!

Endgame Flavor

“We don’t have much more time before we need to leave the system,” said the captain grimly. “This may be our last chance to find a habitable world.”

“Are you sure this a good choice?” asked Chloe. “It looks like this is another gas one. Not that I have anything against gases, but I like having some solid ground as well, you know?”

“Do you have a better idea?” asked the captain.

“I guess not,” said Chloe.

Sitting at their screens, the four of them watched the probe descend towards the planet. Yet as it drew closer to the planet, the probe began to shake back and forth.

“What are you doing, Arete?” asked Chloe, swiveling her eyestalks towards them.

“Nothing!” said Arete. “It’s just doing this on its own! I can try and figure out why, hang on…”

Arete pulled up some of the detailed readings from the probe. Wind speeds: 2000 kilometers per hour... Storm frequency: high .... Magnetic field: 27x third planet in system...

“With winds like that, no wonder the camera is getting thrown around,” said Arete. “I’m barely getting other readings, but they aren’t promising either – the thing Chloe brought up earlier about there not being land is a pretty big issue.”

“Unfortunately, I don’t think we have time to investigate any other planets,” said the captain. “We’d best head back home and file a report about what happened.”

“Are you sure about that?”

Chloe, Arete, and the captain all turned to look at the voice. Before them stood the communications officer, each eyestalk tracking a different member of the crew. In his hands he held a phaser, aimed directly towards the captain.

“Move, and I fire,” said the communications officer, levelly. “There’s two ways this can go. Either you can sign off on my report, detailing the habitability of Uranus and Mercury, and I’ll drop you on a habitable moon somewhere. Or, you can refuse, and I’ll just shoot you.”

Chloe and Arete exchanged a glance. The two of them simultaneously darted in opposite directions. The communications officer swung his phaser around, firing at both of them, but trying to track both of them simultaneously well enough to aim was difficult. As he fired wildly, the captain slammed a button down.

“This is the captain speaking,” xe said, talking so quickly the words nearly started to blur together. “There is an emergency on board. I confirm the presence of a saboteur–”

The communications officer’s phaser bolt struck the captain, who crumpled to the ground next to Arete and Chloe. The communications officer walked over to the device that the captain had been using.

“This is the communications officer,” he said. “As our captain was saying, there were two saboteurs aboard our ship, Arete and Chloe, who were conspiring to falsify data. Unfortunately, in my efforts to subdue them, I was unable to save our captain. I must report, however, that they doctored the records concerning the planets Mercury and Uranus, which I have now visited and confirmed habitable.”

did i win

aret aret

what an awful game

3 Likes

Nobody in spec chat figured it out either

3 Likes

i have unequivocally, beyond the shadow of a doubt, indisputably lost

5 Likes

If you want to see me rant for the first time about a game go check out informed spec where I ranted about what happened this game

I haven’t actually been salty before because I can always accept that there were things I should have saw in games

I think both Hermes and Marluna didn’t play badly but at the same time there was zero way we would have ever gotten there on Aleph

1 Like

i was considering marluna/hermes because of the lack of a tracker CC but i also wasn’t reading the thread and didn’t care

1 Like

this is not a place of honour

this existed

2 Likes

i think that accuratley sums up this game

sorry for being really manipulative to you btw

i just didn’t think you were the tracker and I thought leaving you alive would be the best for us

1 Like