Play at your own risk [?KRC]: Game Over - Town Victory

Excuse me if I don’t find this to be a good explanation.

1 Like

So that’s a good reason to not talk in a neighborhood 1st? Sure maybe, don’t kid yourself into thinking it’s something I’ll think is a good play for even a millisecond.

I can’t wait to see postgame be the flustercuck I suspect it will be.

Do you think Jaiden’s evil trying to make you look bad?

It’s possible, though at least 1 of my townreads doesn’t think Jaiden is an evil. They’re a question mark where I’m at.

Alright, time to quantify the vague vibes I was getting off Garfooled through my read last night into a longpost. Opening this off with a VOTE: Garfooled, so you all can tell I’m serious.

Opening with a mechanical question and joke shot is… fine, I don’t think I have any comments on that one way or another alignment-wise. It’s a very easy “see mod post → think question → ask question” reaction that doesn’t rely whatsoever on alignment or even much on the mental state that can be a secondary indicator.

On the other hand, this catches my eye: Garfooled’s following posts show a lot of self-awareness. Self-consciousness. A feeling of paying attention to their past games. They know they often vote Leafia, and so they do so, with a jokey reason.

Stratagem-27 openers

Here, Garfooled opens with a joke (Eliza was “confirmed town” off of saying the word “Hi”), then votes Leafia… but notably, here, it’s an “actual read”. Not a very good one, just off using the word “summon”, but an attempt at one (which succeeded, Leafia was a wolf). Gar is still thinking about past games here, but in this case, they’re using them to read people, not as an excuse.

And here’s their next post, one that I mentioned as it happened: this is a strange bulk townread, I’ve never seen Gar do it before, I believe they said they don’t usually do it before, and it feels like a way to sound like they’re saying something about the game without actually having to commit to any real stance. Horribly wolfy.

This is??? A strange reaction to someone trying to poke holes in one’s read? It’s not super out of character for Garfooled, but it doesn’t seem like they’re… thinking about how YBW’s point might affect their point, just how it sort of interacts with the surface-level stuff they’re projecting in thread. In the past, I’ve seen Garfooled as town have a very… strong internal world, opinions that you can’t re-mold just by asking leading questions in thread. It’s very admirable, and not present in this interaction.

WOLFY WOLF FROM THE WOLF CHAT GAR FOOLED IS A WOLF GAR FOOLED IS IN WOLF CHAT EVIL SCUM KILLING GARFOOLED KILLED YBW this is an odd connection to a past game I don’t really see as natural townie thought, I don’t think a townie sees the word “vibes” and goes straight to a random “past game” where IceT and Lemonfairy also said the word vibes and Then brings that up in thread in a very neutral question that provides no opinion while tossing vaguely in the direction of helpfulness

What is this

This also feels like Garfooled molding their thoughts and opinions to suit the questions they’re asked in thread: they go “oh actually my read wasn’t based on the bad thing you think it is, actually it’s different” - it feels like a retroactive justification, and again, I haven’t seen t!Garfooled do that kind of thing. T!Garfooled doesn’t listen when you try to trick them into feeling dumb. They know well they’re not.

I don’t like the super neutral acknowledgement of Hazard’s and my posts being “true” but not giving any thoughts on where we’re actually coming from or what our alignments might be. It feels a little like a wolf self-TMI, knowing that the cases hold weight, and feeling that saying that alone constitutes contribution to the town (because in the case where Garfooled is wolf, it is true).

I also don’t think I’ve known Gar in the past to be super reliant on meta like they are with Nuto here? It’s one of those “somebody who knows how to read X come in and read X” things that I hate so very much, despite the fact that I am also heavily meta-ing all my reads. Meta is a supplemental seasoning to your reads, not a requirement: if you don’t ahve meta, the solution isn’t getting meta from an unreliable source, it’s just making normal reads.

Feels like Gar’s pushing a decision onto another player, maybe makes Jaiden town in w!Gar worlds, but I feel like there’s more interaction material I should look at before I make a call.

Calling out not having checked the neighbourhood chat amd then following up with “well now it has messages” is weird as hell, how do you not Notice that?

Very… results-oriented.

Anti-solvey, batting down reads instead of making new ones.

And then awareness of how that looks, and an immediate retraction. Gar feels like they’re hyper-aware of everyone else in thread, hyper-aware of how they look, and are constantly trying to paper over anything they do that might not be “ideal” to make themselves look better. It’s… weird.

3 Likes

TL;DR Garfooled is wolfy scum from the wolf chat and hosts should’ve let my gun go throuhg because it was an epic shot and worth breaking the rules for

1 Like

Imagine if I’m wrong about May/Jaiden as the difference check, and it was May/Garfooled all along.
It wouldn’t be the 1st time I got something spectacularly wrong as town, and certainly won’t be the last.

VOTE: Garfooled

i didn’t even realize they responded like that lmao

CRichardFortressLies (3): Zenon, Leafia, Jaiden
Gorta (2): guavagudetama, crazynuto
May (2): CRichardFortressLies, JakeTheWolfie
Garfooled (2): May, min

Not Voting (5): Hazardwaste, Magnus, Garfooled, Arogame123, Gorta

WHY ARE JAIDEN AND I ALWAYS A DIFFERENCE CHECK

1 Like

Two households both alike in dignity

2 Likes

Good timing, after I mentioned the world where I might be wrong on you/Jaiden as a difference check.

No that was a reaction to your post I didn’t remember your opinion that we’re a difference check existed until now

Ah right.

Are you ever sounds towny or nah

@Hazardwaste Youre too nice thats not toiwny can you send me some death threats

1 Like

I think the melatonin is working foronce

2 Likes

hello
I’ve been reading but I haven’t had much to say
kinda demotivated because I was being pushed for shit that I literally can’t argue and it’s just like a “yeah I guess” moment

been thinking about the eod wagons
I think it’s interesting that 3/5 of the people that voted Marluna at eod were previously on the sleep wagon
like it was a cfd so idk if that means anything but I just thought it was a weird pattern
though that could just mean they were like. people who were active the whole day which is relatively NAI

It’s possible that there are reasons if I’m going to be generous, for Jaiden to be too shy to out a hood for reasons that make perfect sense to them, yet not to me.