Poor Approximations of Catgirls [Game Over - Mafia Win]

The Prober may each night investigate someone and learn their role and alignment. However, if the Prober probes a town-aligned player, that player will permanently lose their abilities (become vanillaized

I associated the two cause aliens and probe

You know I just remembered who @alana was I played a game with them on another site

1 Like

I was Solvis

I was wrong, doing two things at once

spreadsheet is public tho lol

hey fuck you

1 Like

hi Moonwink!

So first, I wanted to point out a couple of things I thought you did well:

1. I really appreciated you putting time into backreading on your last couple days alive (even if it didnā€™t really end up helping your accuracy) ā€“ itā€™s easy for important info to just straight-up get lost in the lategame.
  2. I think as night-action targets go Blade was a pretty good one, even though he didnā€™t end up being attacked. I thought that targeting him (as a player unlikely to have an important night action if V) displayed some amount of thoughtfulness about your night action.
  3. I appreciated that you were mostly nice to other people in the thread ā€“ that was something that can be important for town cohesion.

There are a couple specific things that I would say you could improve on that I noticed.

1. For the first several days, you seemed highly focused on just trying to survive/be villageread, moreso than on actively solving ā€“ like, I didnā€™t say this in spec chat, but there was a point after I got spoilers where I was tinfoiling that you were a Survivor, before I realized that didnā€™t make sense with your role. While obviously being townread can be helpful, in this particular game it backfired in a couple ways ā€“ first, I suspect it contributed to the fact that you were ultimately voted out, and second, it made it very easy for wolves to pocket you just by townreading you (or conversely, to suspect villagers because they werenā€™t). You clearly have the ability to really do analysis, as demonstrated by later days, and I think doing more of that, and less ā€˜specifically trying to get people to townread you,ā€™ would have both made your reads better, and done a better job of getting people to townread you.
  2. In terms of your actual analysis, the biggest thing I would say was to be a little more ā€¦ critical? Iā€™m not sure how to phrase this ā€¦ in doing your interactions analysis. Like, specifically, when you did a bunch of VCA and concluded that Hippo and Mist were both town, as far as I can tell your main reason for doing so was based on them voting Marshal after day 1, at a point when she was widely suspected, which is something that generally shouldnā€™t give as much cred because many wolf teams will bus partners that they think are dead in the water.
  3. Minor point, but I donā€™t think you claiming was super necessary (and ended up kind of backfiring). I think if you wanted to clear Blade just saying you have mechanical information weakly indicating he was town would have been fine.

I had another thing to say but I forget what it was, Iā€™ll let you know if I remember.

hope thatā€™s useful

5 Likes

sigh
what a stubborn idiot.

my apologies for everything that occurred postgame.

uh
sure

this is the first time ive payed with you in like a year?
So
nya

can i get advice fountainhead

for you in particular Iā€™m going to need more specifics on what specifically youā€™d like advice on (like, specifically I can give you advice on ā€˜how to not be wolfread by Arete on day 1ā€™ but I donā€™t know if thatā€™s something you actually care about and a lot of it would trade off against other aspects of your wolfplay)

could you dm me perhaps? Iā€™m disappointed enough already as it is- but having a few specific things to hammer into his skull might help.

I am beyond frustrated but such is life.

My goal d2+ was to just distract town as much as possible with discussion of me to ensure they didnā€™t form towncores (D1 as well but I also had the goal of killing you)
How could I have better accomplished this goal

I think under the circumstances it is plausibly a bad idea for me to give Felix advice unless he wants it but if you would like advice on your day I can give it to you?

(sorry)

sigh
I could argue that point but I donā€™t think it would end well.

If only Iā€™d had more controlā€¦ah well.

not my fault that he didnā€™t

do you realize how many people would have just responded to it by swearing if he did

3 Likes