Poor Approximations of Catgirls
A Semi-Invitational Closed Game
Concept, Main Design, Flavor: orangeandblack5
Design Assistance, Co-Hosting: astand
Review, Co-Hosting: DatBird
Catgirls are unequivocally one of the most destructive trends in human history, and in recent years they’ve only gotten worse. The advent of the internet provided humanity with the capability to communicate with nearly anyone else on Earth in real time, opening the floodgates to levels of collaboration and scientific and cultural progress previously unimaginable. This network enables each and every human on the planet to take the time their ancestors spent mulling about waiting for the crops to grow and use it to learn new skills and put them to use to advance the entire human race… in theory. In reality, most people use the internet to actively avoid doing anything productive, meaningful, or worthwhile, with this millennia-old fad leading the charge.
By this point, everybody is trying to cash in on the idea of catgirls, with everything from Halloween costumes to video game cosmetics being dominated by cat ears and tails, mega-corporations making billions each year using fictional characters to separate fools from their wallets. We’ve been so caught up in the craze that we’ve neglected to pay attention to the hefty toll they have wrought on actual human lives. Reduced attention spans, social anxiety, depression, even the global rise in fascism - study after study has shown that catgirls are to blame, and yet the multimedia machine churns on, oblivious to the irreparable harm done to those it is purporting to please.
This is where you come in. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to become humanity’s last line of defense against the overwhelming hordes of knockoff catgirls. For only a true catgirl can show humans the error of their ways.
1: Due to the closed nature of invites and spectators, do not discuss this game anywhere outside of host-approved channels, regardless of whether you are a player, spectator, or none of the above. This includes discussing whether or not you were invited, even if you did not accept, until after the game has concluded. Failure to follow this rule will result in long-term blacklisting from any games by all involved hosts.
3: Don’t be inactive. If you do not post meaningfully within 24 hours or at least twenty times in any given phase, you will be prodded. Receiving two prods or failing to respond to a prod within 12 hours will result in your removal from the game. Attempts to “prod dodge” by barely meeting this limit are discouraged. If something comes up that affects your involvement with the game, discuss it with the hosts before it becomes a problem.
4: Direct all questions to the hosts through your role card, not publicly in the thread, and do not ping the host account except for when you vote, as described below. We will not answer questions posed publicly.
5: It’s a game - have fun!
• This game will be a closed rolemadness setup with minimal information and some elements that may be considered lightly bastard.
• There will be an informed minority and an uninformed majority. There may or may not be “Lone Wolf” or “Traitor”-type roles. There may or may not be third party roles.
• Days will be 48 hours long, and nights will be 24 hours long. Night actions will be locked 1 hour before daystart in order to give the hosts time to process them by SoD.
• Players may not make more than 250 posts in any given day phase. This restriction will be lifted one hour before EoD. Players are responsible for policing their own posting to avoid going over the cap. New cap numbers for each player will be posted each night phase.
• The informed minority will have access to an anti-claim ability. In particular, claiming or hinting at your flavor will be EXCEPTIONALLY dangerous.
• Standard “slept peacefully” feedback will be given to any player who does not specifically get other feedback, including both successful non-investigative actions and those whose actions have been blocked.
• Unless specified otherwise, no roles may self-target, including protective roles.
• To vote someone, say “
## /vote [Player_Name]” on its own line. To rescind your vote, say “
## /unvote” on its own line. You may vote for nobody to be eliminated by saying “
## /vote NoElim” on its own line. Ping the host account @Nyarchmage with all votes. Do not ping the host account otherwise.
• The hosts will give current vote counts whenever they are available to do so. Votes will automatically be locked in at LyLo and may not be changed once placed. This will be announced.
• Day 1 will have a deadline elimination - whoever has the most votes when day ends will be eliminated. Day 2 onward will have both majority and plurality enabled - if somebody is voted by a majority of the game, the day will end immediately in their elimination; if nobody has reached majority by the end of the day, the player with the most votes will be eliminated.
• In the case of a tie, the informed minority will determine which of the tied players is eliminated.
Example Role Card
Although whether or not your species even has genders is unconfirmed, you’re still pretty much a cat, and you mostly hang around girls, so… close enough?
Example Card (Passive) - Because you are an example role card, you will not actually spawn in the game.
Contract (Day) - Get your target to sign a contract, adding them as a participant in this game. (Infinite uses)
Host (Night) - Compulsively carry out all the night actions your players use tonight. (Infinite uses)
You must ensure the game is not Canned.