Poor Approximations of Catgirls [Game Over - Mafia Win]

War crimes

1 Like

Certainly no such meaning intended, was a great setup and game went well.

Sorry I dont have something insightful to say.

1 Like

I was joking lmao

1 Like

i really thought wolves would be salty at me in postgame, guess not?
great job pulling off the win anyway. no comment on my play because most of the things i did have backfired. i guess i left some valuable spew but i also left some really bad spew.

1 Like

more details of my play and my thoughts on the game are in the deadchat. idk if i want to talk about these things more in the postgame because the postgame is 700 posts already and people just seem tired of this game, which is understandable.

1 Like

Oh hey my sister’s cat did make it in

Basket cat

2 Likes

I’m proud of my play, did well enough to die n2 despite hard claiming vanilla town

Loss feels bad but what can ya do

4 Likes

I commented on it sarcastically, along the lines of “town somehow has 3 protectives, one of whom was vanillized and 2 of whom have done absolutely nothing mech-wise”, but literally no one replied lol

I think I got there on blade/eevee being opposite aligned for mech balance reasons but I shouldve considered that wolves had access to spec chat and incorrectly assumed that wouldn’t be a thing.

Anyway gg, mafia team was strong

Nya

2 Likes

alright

so in terms of things you specifically did notably well, I would say…

1. you did a ~reasonable job of taking yourself out of the misexe pool – you weren’t mostly a lock townread but you weren’t drawing huge numbers of votes either (and you got killed by wolves, which is generally a good sign, although I didn’t read enough of scumchat to know how much of that was mechanical).
  2. you specifically had very solid reasons to suspect Marshal and mostly didn’t really let up on them! I am admittedly very biased here but I think that particular read was one that you did very well on.

in terms of things you could improve on…

1. you made a lot of what seemed to be vibe reads (or semi-vibe reads) (I could be wrong about how many vibes were actually involved in these reads). there’s nothing inherently wrong with this but it meant that you would up spending a lot of time focused on town who had hit random specific ‘wolftells’ (like Illwei, like Moonwink, like Squirrel-sometimes). I assume that ‘adjust your vibe-o-meter’ isn’t very useful advice but it may be a good idea to reflect on what specifically you wolfread them for, and why you think they actually did that given the knowledge you now have that they were villa. I can’t promise this will help but it probably won’t hurt?
  2. there were also a few points where you townread someone for having a lot of the same reads you did, or scumread someone for having different reads from what you did, with mixed accuracy. this can sometimes be true, but isn’t always, and is kind of inherently risky because in worlds where you’re wrong it will usually make you wronger.
  3. this wasn’t always true but I felt like a lot of the time you were … kind of just stating your reads, rather than trying to work with other people about them? I think to the extent you can do so without this being harmful to you it might be good to try to engage people more, or more directly, about your reads – both in the sense of making you better able to refine them, and in the sense of making you more convincing.

I hope at least some of that was helpful!

4 Likes

Unless you’re me, in which case you get everything wrong the majority of the time
:joy_cat:

1 Like

Arete, just reading through your advice feels helpful to me. Even if it’s not my play being analyzed, I can sometimes see parallels to my own and see how your advice would apply. :ayaya:

2 Likes

Do me

I would love some feedback aretaret!

I didnt miss it, thats solo reason why I kept this roel to begin with.

Do me, I guess

it’s okay, Orange invited me to this game and added an ability that harms the town everytime a player swears so :sob:

anyway I despised that anticlaim what the living fuck

1 Like

i found it funny how you gaslit your own wolf buddy and got killed because of it lmao

the only thing i was ight on was misty lol and like no one cared abt that because they all thought i was w/w with her or she was v i guess

arete do me

1 Like

2 Likes