Popcorny Mafia 🍿 (GAME OVER, MAFIA VICTORY)

as a fun fact in turbo games im known to claim mafia as a wolf. arctic bagged me like that one time.

be careful of poeple who claim wolf. its the easisest way to look towny without doing anything helpful

1 Like

ftr i think magnus is towny rn so i veto shooting them. i also see lotsa people townreading catbae so im happy to sheep it. thats our two town

shoot anyone else

imo focus on finding townies and poe the wolves in. they cant do anything about towny players. abuse that

1 Like

this is so me

2 Likes

I actually think this readlist makes sense from the position that you’ve established, although I’m not sure about the order of YBW > Nuto in deadlast.

The Mafia win condition is to reach parity. From the perspective of a townie down on their luck, you’d need to find at least four. In a more likely scenario, killing a few evils and finding enough good players to make up for not necessarily narrowing down to a specific POS technically works.

This doesn’t help a lot, but outright claiming a scumtell that you’ve fallen into here is not wolf-motivated unless it’s to look comfortable in the thread.
Sticking with Madeline for (technically four) posts rather than throwing out a scumread and then not commenting on her slot again feels unpartnered. Were I to expect a certain degree of bussing in this setup… but Madeline noted Lol’s brief appearance earlier and has talked around Lol, so if they were teamed there should’ve been a cohesion which isn’t really present here. Lol / Madeline objectively unaligned.

This does interest me, because I’m certainly on the side of “Magnus isn’t acting like they had in Tales”, so if we’re going off most recent meta, Achro’s line of logic makes a lot of sense. The reason this is interesting is because it’s the second time someone has townread me for whatever this is, and hearing your reasoning would be nice if only to judge the sincerity of your read. I meant to ask YBW the same question, but I must have missed that chance.
(Unless it’s just “wordy = good”, in which case I can promise that I have the capability to extend the verbosity of my sentences.)

This thread is so boring

@Magnus

You around?

Yep.

Great, hmu with your top 4 scum reads

Tough question. I can’t actively scumread CD when they simply haven’t been here, so I’ll say Kiiruma or Achro (not partnered), YBW (despite seeming pure; if good, it could possibly incriminate someone like Catbae, I guess), maybe Nuto depending on a few other factors that pop up, and then Corrupt.

I don’t see a reason why a named proactive player like CD wouldn’t have posted yet as town, to be fair.
Nuto’s rung one alarm bell, and it isn’t necessarily AI, but I don’t know their towntells.

Could you go into your reasoning for these scum reads?

I do kind of vibe with most of these tbh

1 Like

What’s the alarm bell you think Nuto has rung?

I’ll comment on the so-called red flag first because it should be a shorter response.

The first part is this:

During a conversation that Nuto had with Litten, he shifted his perspective from “I don’t mind being shot” to “I shouldn’t be shot”. Furthermore, he implies that he would shoot me here, but his explanation for suggesting that shot is that he usually can’t get a read on me. He tends to be non combative as evil, and he was kinda sheeping Achro’s read, but I can’t individually call this bad because he has interacted this way with me before in the past.

sadly its wordy = good with a few extra steps

seems like you are town leader type to me this game and actually hoping to solve the game and trying to get people together. might be a bad assumption/misremembering but i thought you were a very low hanging/ not putting yourself out there wolf

and instead u are out leading achro and litten who are supposed to be default town leaders

While you’re around drop some scumreads too, top 4

Kiiruma’s more or less a shrug read. He tried appealing to Litten in his opener with the same “I shouldn’t be shot” mentality, and his townlean on CD for not being here seemed bizarre. He’s also been a lot quieter than some other people, but these elements fall more in line with what I know from his town meta than his wolf meta.

His examination of Achro’s slot would be better if he wasn’t pretty much summarising his paranoia from Need For Speed and TOTA, and he hasn’t done much else. The townreads on you and Lol for openwolfing is understandable, I get it, but that I don’t know about that specific logic.

Woke up with a kink in my neck.

@Kiiruma does cd enjoy playing wolf in your experience?

My bottom four in my power rankings:

Magnus
Lol
Nuto
CD

Magnus i am having trouble finding rn but if he is town i can trust him to sincerely solve with me. If we want something with a little less spice though over on gamefaqs people who say things are town sided are unusually an amount of time wolves

Also these two reads dont make much sense to me

About the first one, i think lol has only ever seen me as town (eo if i am coming off standard that kinda should signal town in his brain i think) but i disagree that i am standard. Kiiruma said i was power wolfing but the underlying thing there makes a little sense - that i am not pushing people very much compared to normal so that reads as ‘nice’ to kiiruma. In reality there’s just no point being frenzied at this stage and no one so far is as polarized.

As for magnus reading through the thread there are some obvious problems with magnus. I wouldnt mind a nuanced disagreement with my read here but a shield doesnt make sense other than lol wanted to comment on the top posters.

Nuto didnt do anything to inspire me and cd not having posted yet probably cant be the shot by definition but he was active as town. Every other slot pinged me at least a little bit in a positive direction.

1 Like