Prehistoric Purgatory - Game Over: Town wins

A few insights.

Insight 1: Wazza’s presentation was one of the more memorable things in this game. Bonus points for it coming from an actual villager.

Insight 2: Rue popped off. Turns out that with a wolfteam largely not playing the game and with town leaders that can’t be nightkilled, the town has a significant advantage.

Insight 3: I find the wolves torpedoed their chances by bussing with 0 credit. Sure, you can get credit by throwing your partner under the bus, that’s mafia 101. And in this setup, I perfectly understand bussing at least once to get the busser to heaven. But the bussing that occurred in this game was worthless in that regard. You’re not going to get any credit for hopping onto a wolf wagon late, not contributing much to starting it, and not posting towny after you’ve done it. What happened here is that wolves bussed and then found themselves in PoE anyway, because they did nothing to help their position or to get any credit from the bus.

You’re supposed to bus with a purpose. Not just to bus.

11 Likes

:bus:

3 Likes

Porscha isn’t someone who can carry but they can play real well if they had a power wolf with them.

Picture an alternative scenario. You’ve committed to bussing phase 1.

A wolf actually cases another wolf and starts the wagon. Another supports the case. Villagers eventually catch on.

Now you have two wolves getting the most credit from the impending wolf flip, setting the wolves up for a Heaven member next phase. The other might get sent to Heaven later.

You can do that.

Or, alternatively: Derps is getting wagoned and no other wolves can reasonably get credit from voting them anymore. In that situation, just don’t vote the wolf. Pile on the village alternative. Your wagon isn’t getting nuked until it’s confirmed that Derps is a wolf, which can be delayed as long as possible with some thread manipulation. And, heck, some might assume wolves on the Derps wagon later on, because bussing is a thing that very much happens. Like I said above.

What you get from voting Derps in that situation is what happened in this game, unless the wolves leverage their meager vote on Derps as much as possible. They didn’t.

2 Likes

I honestly didn’t think I’d ever write an “improve wolfplay” post in a FoL postgame, but here we are.

7 Likes

You can WotM a rand if you think its pretty bad, but i go through a mod first to ensure though

1 Like

Honestly yeah

Lol was outted after dota lmao

1 Like

one more thing

so, about that

9 Likes

It only happened because wolves didn’t get any strong player on their team.

2 Likes

i could carry if i wanted but i really wasnt feeling it

Town played reasonably well, though I don’t think the mafia played well either.

Wow was that a sweep gj

@Porscha I want you to know that your profile picture is something

It is a wooper with Sothis’ from Fire Emblem hair lol

you should have accepted it

Yes, obviously, which is why it is indeed something :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

loooooooooool my bad I definitely read your comment as “I need to know it is something” at first

2 Likes

Almost forgot to mention:
I WAS DOING BINGO ALL THIS TIME!

LyLobingo

20220325_205443

2 Likes

Village ignores legacy reads:
Lucky was wrong on Rue :white_check_mark:

2 villagers accused of being W/W for “distancing” from each other:
Arguably P#377 where dota called Aelin/Zone W/W :question:

villager votes based on who they don’t want to lose to:
P#819 Lucky: *votes Zone* “[…] I refuse to allow town to once again lose” :white_check_mark:

Town enforces voting order:
P#4251 Zone: “If lol doesn’t flip mafia, then I’d probably send Rue to heaven in Heaven 3, and send either you or Gorta to hell in Hell 4.” :white_check_mark:

I AM SO CLOSE TO A BINGO!

2 Likes

20220408_001928

Someone cases the nightkill:
There were multiple instances of casing Hell 1 votes, but it is arguable whether this can count as “a nightkill”.

1 Like