Everything and everyone will cease to exist at some point. The question is whether or not they leave behind a legacy.
- Follow the Global Rules and Forum Game Rules.
- Players who fail to meet the requirement of 15 substantive, on-topic posts will be immediately replaced. Players who zero-post in the first 24 hours of a phase without informing the hosts in advance may also be replaced (if you must miss the first 24 hours, inform the hosts). These requirements may be adjusted if the phase ends early due to majority.
- Refrain from excessive AtE (appeals to emotion). Excessive AtE includes, but is not limited to, statements that directly say or imply that something in the game is having a negative impact on someone’s out of game relationships or well-being. Ordinary manipulation is still allowed.
- I will be closely monitoring the thread for toxicity, harassment, and excessive ATE. However, please do not hesitate to bring problematic posts to my attention if you believe I missed them.
- Alts are allowed, but you must inform the hosts of your identity.
Vanilla Town x10
Mafia Goon x5
- Instead of day and nights, phases alternate between heaven and hell. The game starts with a hell phase. All phases last for 48 hours unless majority is reached early. Phase changes will occur at 3:00 PM EST (tentative).
- During heaven phase, the town votes to send one player to heaven. During hell phase, the town votes to send one player to hell.
- Town wins if the majority of the Mafia is sent to hell, the Mafia win if the majority of the Mafia is sent to heaven.
- Alignment is revealed upon being sent to heaven or hell.
- All scum, whether alive or sent away, can talk to each other at all times in the Mafia Discord server.
- Only townies who are sent to hell can enter dead chat. Townies who are sent to heaven are required to join and participate in a separate martyr chat. Players sent to either heaven or hell may no longer speak in the game thread.
- When 50% of the living players are Mafia, a Judgment Day occurs. All living players lose the ability to vote. The martyrs privately vote in the martyr chat to send a living player to hell. If the player is town, the Mafia win. If the player is Mafia, the game moves on to a hell phase.
- All votes must be in the form
**/vote [name of player]**to be considered valid, and all unvotes must be in the form
**/unvote**. Pinging the host account is greatly appreciated but not essential.
- Eliminations are majority and plurality. Self-votes and votes for no-execution are not considered valid. In the event of a tie, the elimination will be determined at random from among the tied players.
Due to the lack of a night phase, this game is likely to be intensive and will require a greater devotion of time than a standard game of Mafia, not to mention the lack of PRs makes this a Mountainous setup. The game can last up to 14 phases. Additionally, villagers sent to heaven must continue playing in the martyr chat, in which the same post requirement must be met and the same posting rules must be followed. If you cannot play for this length of time, do not consider joining this game. If you typically fail to meet the post requirement in a standard game, do not consider joining this game. The host reserves the right to employ Wisdom of the Moderator (WotM) to decide if a player should be prevented from joining in order to maintain the quality of the game. Additionally, the rulings on activity, as detailed above, are more rigorous than that of typical games. For this reason, backups would be greatly appreciated should the game fill with ease.
Phase times may be adjusted before gamestart, should enough players request it. This includes the possible addition of a timeout phase.
The game is flavored around fauna and flora from the Mesozoic Era, comprising of the Triassic, Jurassic and Cretaceous Periods. After receiving your rolecard, you will have until gamestart to choose flavor which falls under this category. If no valid flavor is submitted, I will choose one for you. If multiple people request the same flavor, the player who receives it will be decided on a first-come first-served basis. I would recommend choosing something unique for the sake of variety - there are more creatures than dinosaurs and there are plenty of dinosaurs that aren’t a Tyrannosaurus Rex.
Sample role PMs:
You are Leedsichthys, Vanilla Town. Your only weapons are your voice and your vote.
Ensure that the majority of the Mafia are sent to hell.
You are Coelophysis, Mafia Goon. Your only weapons are your voice and your vote.
Ensure that the majority of the Mafia are sent to heaven or that the Mafia outnumber the town.
Do not join the game until you have read the activity disclaimer.
Lucky- Vanilla Town - Killed Heaven 2
BradLandTheLukundo - Vanilla Town - Survived, victorious
lol- Mafia Goon - Killed Hell 3
- Aelin - Vanilla Town - Survived, victorious
- Rue (Mistyx) - Vanilla Town - Survived, victorious
dota- Mafia Goon - Killed Hell 2
Wazza- Vanilla Town - Killed Heaven 1
- Hippo - Vanilla Town - Survived, victorious
- Zone - Vanilla Town - Survived, victorious
- Gorta - Mafia Goon - Endgamed
- Kiiruma - Vanilla Town - Survived, victorious
- Porscha - Mafia Goon - Endgamed
SirDerpsAlot- Mafia Goon - Killed Hell 1
- Trochilidae - Vanilla Town - Survived, victorious
- Moose - Vanilla Town - Survived, victorious
Start of Hell 1
End of Hell 1/Start of Heaven 1
End of Heaven 1/Start of Timeout 1
End of Timeout 1/Start of Hell 2
End of Hell 2/Start of Heaven 2
End of Heaven 2/Start of Timeout 2
End of Timeout 2/Start of Hell 3
End of Hell 3/End of game