Questions FM (13/13) - FILLED

Know thy self, know thy enemy.
A thousand battles, a thousand victories.

Hosted by @Zone_Q11, cohosted by @CRichardFortressLies, and reviewed by @Icibalus

Rules:

1. Follow the Forum Game Rules.
  2. Post a minimum of 10 game related posts per day phase.
  3. Do not forget to leave a vote at the end of the day. (Unless Majority was activated.)
  4. Fail to heed the former three rules more than once, and you will be subbed out or modkilled.
  5. I can and might have to add and/or remove rules in the future. Except the first rule.
    Let’s just hope that I won’t have to use this rule.

General Mechanics

• Days last 48 hours unless majority is reached early, and nights last 24 hours.
  • There are no logs / last will mechanics.
  • All actions must be submitted in your classcards / role PMs.
  • Role and alignment flips will be shown after a player dies.
  • The Mafia factional kill IS mandatory.
  • The Mafia factional kill IS assigned, meaning that a specific member of the Mafia is required to be chosen to perform the factional kill.
  • The Mafia will communicate through a private message.
  • Executions are majority and plurality. In cases of a tie, the executions will be determined randomly among the players outside the tie.
  • No Exe is a valid vote, and may be hammered to end the day early. In case No Exe and a player are tied at the end of the day, No Exe takes priority.
  • All votes must be in the form of **/vote Player** to be considered valid, and all unvotes must be in the form **/unvote**. This is to enable the smooth processing of votes. (Please don’t put your votes at the end of a sentence and make a new line instead.)
  • Self-votes are considered valid votes.
  • Votes are locked in MYLO and LYLO scenarios.
  • The game starts when the player list is fully filled, at 1 PM EST.

Special Mechanics

• This is a closed rolemadness setup. Everyone will have exactly two abilities.
  • At the start of the game, nobody will know what their abilities are. (See role example)
  • Some information regarding some players roles will be shown in red. (See role example)
  • At the start of each day phase, all players are able to ask 4 questions regarding their roles.
  • The host will only answer with a [Yes] or a [No].
  • The answers will be given 24 hours after the start of the day.
  • Any questions submitted after 24 hours will be ignored.
  • There will be a Quiz Event at D2, and a Mini-Game Challenge at D3. Everyone can participate, and for every 3 points you get from these events, you will be able to ask 1 more question regarding your role. You may ask these extra questions at any time during day phase.

Role Example

Note: It is heavily advised to give your questions as precise as possible to avoid ambiguous interpretations of the hosts’ answers.

Bad question examples:

• After receiving an alignment as feedback: “Am I insane?”
    > Assuming you are an investigative, insanity is not the only factor which can cause you to gain a false feedback.
  • “Does my ability have negative consequences to my target?”
    > "Negative consequences" is too ambiguous, and I don't know which ability you are talking about since you have two abilities.
  • “Using MU Database as reference, do I have a support ability or something akin to it?”
    > NGL, CBA to check all roles in MU database.
    > The host will only respond to the categories Communicative, Informative, Killing, Misleading, Power-gaining, Protective, Redirection, Role-changing, and Voting.
    > Any other categories -e.g. Roleblocker (Manipulative) and Universal Backup (Support)- falls under "Other".

Good question examples:

• After receiving an alignment as feedback: “Do I have an investigative ability?” & “Under normal circumstances, after using my first ability, is it possible for my feedback to be incorrect?”
  • “Does my second ability change the effect of my target’s ability?”

Player List

1. @YoubutWorse
  2. @JakeTheWolfie
  3. @Blizer
  4. @Aelin
  5. @ElizaThePsycho
  6. @Leafia
  7. @Jarek
  8. @clonedcheese
  9. @Hippopablompoyeetus
  10. @GoodQuestion
  11. @Kiiruma
  12. @eevee
  13. @MokaJoe

Backup

1. WindwardAway
  2. Whysper
  3. nightingale
  4. Geyde
  5. GGhana
  6. osieorb18
  7. Wazza (High Priority)

Uninformed Spectators

1. Cream
  2. Joker
  3. Chloe
  4. katze
  5. Marshal
  6. Blitz
  7. sulit
4 Likes

all amnesiacs

1 Like

Is this just an example rolecard for both town and mafia or do some rolecards not know what alignment they are?

2 Likes

It’s just an example rolecard. Players know their alignments. They just don’t know the details of their abilities, other than the text in red and when they can use the ability (e.g. Even Night Phase, Day Phase, or Passive).

4 Likes

alrighty then ty

/in

i like small games :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah good, correct usage of red text.

1 Like

why is it sun tzu

2 Likes

Because of this:

3 Likes

There is an incorrect usage of red text?

will the host lie to us if we ask questions

Can you ask any questions pertaining to your role?

For example, “is this your favorite role?”

1 Like

No. Unless the question is not related to your role, in which case the host has the right to stay silent.

You can, but I highly doubt you will get any information from that question.

1 Like

wtf I saw Sun Tzu and thought Eli was hosting it lmao

10 Likes

Same lmfao

4 Likes

great to know im not alone with that

1 Like

so, the game sounds cool, the game sounds like something I’d want to join
but I really want to spectate this game and watch everyone else suffer instead lmao

4 Likes

can I ask if someone else’s ability affected my roles feedback

1 Like

its just all amnesiacs but worse since you can’t get a bingo

You can ask if there is a role that can affect your feedback (because I will most definitely answer “Yes”), but if you specifically ask whether “someone else’s ability” can affect your feedback, then I will remain silent.

/backup

Can’t decide between joining and speccing so I’ll backup for now

2 Likes