Queue Discussion Thread

crich would say that even if the setup was good though

2 Likes

@ElizaThePsycho you still want a co-host?

btw is this using our gi moderated thread
im 90% sure it is but

Wait it is?

she was talking about it
i hope not but still

I think we must prepare for the worst

3 Likes

might start working o doing art for another botf and/or dusting off existing art for that
ive been vaguely itching for some botf recently

4 Likes

2 Likes

Arctic’s a downer

1 Like

im actually vaguely curious to talk about this because
after some introspection i think that while obviously botc needs to be tweaked for longform (and tweaked ingeneral because i have my gripes with both SnV and BMR)
there are some aspects of botc that i think make me like it more even in longform than forum mafia

im not talking about the garbo paranoia wincon game-ending stuff because i agree that thats not super good but
i like playing flipless as both alignments - as town you still have the ability to re-evaluate places where you were wrong before: its not like, a final straw
as mafia you still have that wiggle room even if youre executed early to get people to trust you somewhat and you can pull off a much more robust range of gambits without flips on death
i like that you cant remove anyone from the thread ever

i guess thats why im trying to make a script that highlights the parts of botf that i really like and doesnt include the parts i think are kinda stupid

5 Likes

This is so perfectly worded and gives me definite hope that forum botf can be improved :ayaya:

3 Likes

Grand speech

3 Likes

I have spent 10 hours thinking about how to adapt botc to forum

6 Likes

This is generally a con player experience wise

1 Like

for one, the votecount system tested in ybw’s game was a massive improvement over
whatever hot mess of a voting system was used prior

add rand-on-ties to compensate for the lack of multiple votes and a separate no-voting option and i think that thats even better

i think that automated vcs improve that even more

2 Likes

Moreso if game hits d4+ but still notable otherwise
Just see a lot of deadchats where people are genuinely ecstatic to be out of the game and you’ll see my point

2 Likes

Because of the player experience angle I came up with ‘no, don’t pursue this’
But if you find the right people it can work extremely well
Just uh
That’s hard

1 Like

acknowledged

its probably just a me thing having intense separation anxiety from friends
i understand that a lot of the points aren’t global and thats fine
i dont mean to say that botc is perfect for everyone, just that this is is why i like botc more than mafia

2 Likes

What did ybw do

I hope this wasn’t all in one sitting cause that would be intense :ayaya:

2 Likes