Queue Discussion Thread

people give me a workable word or character, and I give abilities related to that

1 Like

legit you give me E G G
abilities
to stink (to occupy)
be protein gains (give buff)

i can run a super bastard game

2 Likes

People can make fun of the flavour now, woohoo.

I am roughly planning to host one special game, but I am currently on drawing board.

2 Likes

need 2-3 cohosts for Stellaris: Apocalypse Mash (normally itd be more but its a 30p so)
it will hopefully open signups on December 3rd-ish (if it has passed review by then :joy_cat:) and run during my winter break (which means itll start the week of December 18th or the weekend before)
design is not yet finished but will be soon. hopefully.

1 Like

:raising_hand_man:

1 Like

STELLARIS!!
That game is great!

1 Like

Idk if I can play or host at that time tbh, maybe but idk.

1 Like

Hello just curious. It says semi open games are allowed in the vanilla queue, how semi open? Do they need a rolelist only? Set rules on how the roles can spawn? How explicit would the rules have to be, does it have to be fully documenting like C9++ or can there be some unknowns on how the rand will take place?

1 Like

AFAIK as long as you have the list of potential roles, then that’s enough to be called semi-open.

Having that said, it wouldn’t hurt to add a note on how you rand if you are using a method involving RNG. It doesn’t have to be as documented as C9++ in the wiki, but it would be very much preferable.

If the setup is already well-known like C9++, then I think you can just use the wiki link as explanation / reference.

If you think about it, then CoDs are basically semi-open games with mech-heavy roles and a King mechanic.

1 Like

That’s perfect. I want to explain all of the mechanisms to decide roles behind the scenes while keeping the actual processes and variables to do said mechanisms private

2 Likes

imo, a game is “semi-open” if someone could, theoretically, take the publicly known information and run a Valid version of that setup

which usually means

• all possible roles are public
  • all ~mechanics are public
  • the randing method for which roles exist is known

but it sounds like there might be some disagreement on the last point lol

3 Likes

ive heard “semi open” meaning that vs “semi closed” just being “all possible roles/mechanics are public” without the last point

2 Likes

Okay so I want to have something thats semi open, subalignment slots. roles are given weights to establish some kind of safeguard. Would I have to release how those roles are weighted and how said weights are interpreted?

1 Like

idk

if the setup is otherwise basically vanilla I would probably let you run it in the vanilla queue regardless :joy_cat:

1 Like

Uhhhhh
I’d say it’s otherwise vanilla.

1 Like

If your looking for people still i can help out

i could use 1 more

1 Like