Queue Discussion Thread

I don’t know if I agree with that, but…

1 Like

My big suggestion would be to even out the two modes. Make it a semi-mountainous game either way, or if you really want, make it a pair of Think Twice games.

heres my thoughts about this game, not as a host but as a prospective player
to me, this game looks like a low power 14p most of the time
except
you have to spend the first day just… not playing?

this is exacerbated by the fact that the game feels far too swingy to be enjoyable
like, the entire crux of the game comes down one moment at the end of day 1
whether the game is a slog of a low-power 13’er or a micro where 2/3 of the game doesnt even get to play at all
its like the entire game is played and decided on d1 and the rest is just for show
and the part you “play” on d1 isn’t even enjoyable for me

for me a game with these just
doesnt sound fun or worth my time

1 Like

its not like its unplayable by any means
id just never ever choose to play it over a mountainous game
the gimmick just makes an otherwise vanilla game less fun imo

1 Like

this is kind of a tangent but
make sure to evaluate that the “point” of the game is fun for players and not just funny for the host as a meme
because the ultimate goal as a host, in my opinion, should be to make the players have fun

2 Likes

Remember kids, nothing is silly if it’s a misc

Now youre getting the idea

This was not clear to me (my impression was the opposite, actually, i thought FoL enjoyed memes for some reason, i didnt know this was a Serious Community for Serious People), but yeah if people here dont like meme games I’ll run it somewhere else!

This is clearly not the right audience for a meme game, so scrap it

:people_hugging:

1 Like

True, but this isn’t a misc.
Plus: What nightingale said.

Thank you for your understanding.
I am sorry that it did not work out this time.
I hope you will be able to host this somewhere else, and I wish you a nice day.

This is fol
Why do you think starting d2 with a townsided setup would mean anything

1 Like

Also zone wtf are you on about this site loves meme games and even if it didn’t your job as a reviewer is to review balance

You aren’t here to say what setups you would or wouldn’t like to play in and then generalise your view as being the view of the community

1 Like

I think it’s a miscommunication

Like this is a reasonable argument. Not what zone is saying

Also the point about “everyone playing like a jester on day 1” is… flat out wrong. Town’s goal is to eliminate a town on day 1. This means that they eliminate a villagery player because villagers are villagery and wolves are wolfy. Yes you want to get eliminated as town but it’s essentially the same premise as Heaven phase in Purgatory. So no one is going to be acting suspicious to get eliminated lol

what the fuck are you guys talking about this is one of the most like, fine setups i’ve ever seen
is it a stone-cold classic open setup that can be played over and over again? no but it’s not trying to be
what it is is a playable (if somewhat janky) open setup that has a funny premise

1 Like

plus jesters aren’t like, bad because they’re jesters, they’re bad because of the effect they have on the game, which they don’t have if lt instead is just the meaning of the execution being changed for one day

4 Likes

it is a setup for the bizarre, alien creatures who enjoy playing earlygame and lategame more than midgame, the point at which mafia is actually fun, but i’m sure plenty of those people exist

1 Like

It literally has nothing to do with jesters

In purgatory heaven phase people don’t just become jesters, because the objective is to send a villager to heaven, like the objective with this game is to eliminate a villager

1 Like

after a night of sleep, i think that the setup is fine
but i also think it would be less fun than a mountainous and/or other low-power setup for me for 2 reasons

1. what happens d1 decides the game. I know that’s the premise of the setup, but to me, that just does not sound fun. I like mafia games for the ability to re-evaluate based on new information, not to literally just play d1 and the rest of the game is so townsided/wolfsided that it doesnt matter — this mechanic fosters regret over re-evaluation which isn’t something i think is fun for me.
    From a design-philosophy standpoint, the gimmick makes the game uneven: what you do on specific days matters a lot more than what you do on other days, and I don’t personally think that’s fun

2. The mafia scenario feels incredibly artificial — 2/3 of the game basically never get to play at all. I know that that’s probably unlikely but to me it feels kind of like a purely feelsbad game if you elim wrong on d1 then the game is just… over for you? Like, that sounds to me like its taking all the fun parts out of mafia. You don’t get the satisfaction of being wolfkilled for being right because it only happens if you were wrong, you don’t get to re-evaluate, ever, etc.

gib 5 dolar