Queue Discussion Thread

So, I’m kind of wondering about how to go about the pacing for this, and I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions.

For those that like followed the mini game or played it in FAM, there’s a number guessing phase and then another phase where other teams guess higher/lower.

So, I was originally thinking of doing 24 hour phases, but I’m worried that this will be too slow.

But I’m not sure if 12 hr for guessing and 12 hr for higher lower will work?

3 Likes

24h max, end phases on majority if players want to go faster seems like the play

1 Like

Recommended - 12hr segments, with set time markers
If at any point things finish faster than the segment just release it and go to the next one

1 Like

Is there a reviewer queue somewhere or is just putting it on the main queue enough

1 Like

FM setups needing review should go in “In Review,” after which they will be assigned a reviewer

Miscs just go on the misc queue

2 Likes

@CRichardFortressLies @Hazardwaste how likely are timezones to be an issue for this game?

It wouldn’t be a bad idea to have a host with Euro/American timezones.

Otoh I can have the game start at night Aussie time for the players.

3 Likes

i am up decently late at night anyway. i think we should be fine timezone wise. (hopefully)

2 Likes

I would also play this

Isn’t this just regular mountainous voting with a lot of extra steps? It isn’t as though the officials are immune to death at night as well.

1 Like

Every fun setup is just regular mountainous with extra steps

1 Like

Roughly when are you considering running the game?

probably as soon as we are allowed to

2 Likes

Do you have a host account?

FM Game Designer / Host needed!

I am searching for 2 new game designers and hosts for a new “Certified eevee’s madness” project, which is still in the early design test. Join the eevee team of repeating hosts and designers, famous for creating and hosting many new, out-of-the-box roles, like botanist or setups like quantum mafia.

Required:

• Creativity
  • At least partial availability between 15/07 and 30/07/23.
  • Basic understanding and ability to apply FM game design rules and theorems.
  • Strong and effective communication, with excellent interpersonal skills.
  • Mental sanity to participate in hosting a game of partially your creation.

What we offer:

• Losing the aforementioned mental sanity.
  • Fun
  • 1000 Magikarps
  • Chance to develop own design skill, while pushing boundaries of what is perceived as mafia game.

If you are interested, send applications to 3xce on discord or just ping me here.

eevee corp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.

(tl;dr, I need 2 new madman co-hosts)

4 Likes

(Also spoiler, I’m working on a project™)

(Other spoiler, reviewer is going to hate me™)

2 Likes

I am very very very curious

I have 4/5
Unfortunately im missing the one that would probably be most beneficial

Do i count

For your understanding:

I host 2 types of games.

First is normal games, like cop 13er, snails (whatever the setup was, but it was sth simple) or balanced setups of own creation, which are relatively simple.
I don’t think people remember them much, since like… who remembers me hosting cop 13er, right?
But they happen if I want to host something simple and very organized, let people train mafia skills or so.

The other type of games are eevee madness, which are not simply role madness, but rather “design madness”. What I mean by it is that I usually take part of the game which is usually considered as granted, remodel it and host a game build around it.

Take quantum mafia, where players operated on probability for being each role.
Take VCFM where mafia chat was anonymous, but public.
Take original boats (Don’t take that one, tho eevee corp was indeed mixed in original boats.)

Games which are memorable, and luckily don’t come in huge amount, cause often end up in a mess.

This is project of a second type. Where I already know what I want to take from how normal mafia works, remove it and build anew.
So only apply if you really think you can lose sanity over rebuilding part of concept of what forum mafia is.

2 Likes