[RP Interest Check] Magnum Opus

Mainly because I keep dying before I get a chance.

1 Like

you tried not dying

1 Like

works wonders

I could try harder.

What’s the general format for how this is played? Are there day/night cycles or chapters? Is this somewhat similar to how we play DR on the forums?

1 Like

I don’t know how you guys play DR here. I generally prefer chapters in this format, and I was planning the game to take place (in-universe) over a single night.

1 Like

freeform

1 Like

For DR and similar games, usually there are times when the host is available for processing actions. There usually isn’t a limit to action or movement (though I think I’ve played a game where this was limited by an attribute like speed). Separate threads are used to keep track of different areas and people in the same area added to that thread. You just keep going around until the chapter is over in a few days or so with maybe a break before the next chapter starts.

Is it something kind of like this? Just with more actual roleplaying?

go do that then

I think so, if I haven’t misunderstood.

3 Likes

This sounds like a fun concept

2 Likes
  • Count Me In!
  • I Might Play.
  • Get Me Outta Here!
  • I Need To Know More About This Game First.

0 voters

What do you hope to know, Wind?

Mostly phase length/activity requirement sort of stuff tbh
I’m very interested in participating but want to make sure I have time for it

In the past, it was more of a “post when you can, I’ll get to everyone when I can, etcetera.” It didn’t really help, so that’s not happening anymore.

Most of the time players will converse in the public thread, with stragglers doing their stuff in DMs. At least with a group of people, everyone posts their actions or whatnot and I’ll share feedback once everyone’s done, so you don’t really need to check in more than every few hours, although there’s no harm if you want to actively rp with other players.

There aren’t exactly set phase lengths though.

1 Like

Of course it’s all voluntary; if activity became a problem at any point there’s no reason someone couldn’t just leave.

Sounds good!

1 Like

oooooh
yes

If you want to know more about the game concept, feel free to ask questions.

2 Likes