[RP Interest Check] VLDR (and VLDR-esques)

yeah, VLDR has a gameplay loop kinda thing typically, it’s listed in the VLDR core aspects- typically it goes discussion-roaming-main mechanic-discussion-roaming and so on

Some games in the past have perpetual roamings (typically the open-world ones, which I refuse to do because I value my sanity) or other unusual setups

For my VLDRs and VLDR-esques, I’ll probably do the default gameplay loop up to the endgame event

1 Like

ah ok

i remember joining a vldr
i got a character with max strength but no abilities and i wasn’t allowed to kill people and my wincon was to ensure like 5 people escaped with me and then despite me being oriented towards physical strength i took a total of about 3 attacks throughout the entire game

and every single one of them did over 75% of my hp :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:pensive:

mood, i’ve been there
this is why i never like combat roles

1 Like

last time i got a combat role i got the game canned by trying to start a fight

(this is a severe exaggeration)

2 Likes

Last time I joined a VLDR, I was in New Jersey.

(This may or may not be a lie on multiple fronts.)

1 Like

have you heard the tale of the Crab tm

1 Like

Oh Keldi! We already have VLDRs!!! A good example is Death City from the old forum and a Danganrompa hosted by icibalus.

Though it becomes kind of stressful for hosts to manage.

1 Like

I am so close to accidentally calling Keldi as Kenedy

1 Like

ok but consider.

we could have more

1 Like

Firstly there’s problems regarding VLDRs and want your spin on it.

Sadly I cam t link the posts but here’s problems from memory. And I m going to exclude danganrompa gaming site for these.

There s a lack of killing motivation here due to people wishing to stay alive and keep on participating, killing somebody and escaping eliminates you from the game regardless of winning or losing and was sometimes used more as a method to move the plot forward. (A person named Aelin was in a game where nobody died for like almost a month so she decided to kill somebody and then make it obvious she s a killer.) There’s also the sentiment of not feeling to be good enough to carry a murder as the hosts on the site doesn’t quite guide the blackened nor does the mastermind.

3 Likes

Sometimes there’s problems with distribution of items and timezone.

One from Europe doesn’t interact often with one from USA and one can miss alot because they’re cursed with living in a specific territory.

all i’m hearing is excuses and not enough ins

3 Likes

This is a guide on murder, I think it works pretty well in explaining. Especially the locked-room murder mysteries.

Also this :skull:

vldr and dr are different games

1 Like

Isn’t DR literally a VLDR aswell?

1 Like

Nope

VLDR is way different

:sob:

1 Like