[RP Interest Check] VLDR (and VLDR-esques)

Based on my experience playing FotD. This seems to be the case. Even someone who had the “traitor” role was not even doing their job properly due to RP reasons. Even with Atlas’s game which has been going on for around 2 months already yet and no one else has died since a month ago. (This is in stark contrast with normal FMs where everyone seems to be more than willing to be a bloodthirsty killer.)

I do get why there’s a lack of motivation to commit murder, especially in DR esque games not only because they want to keep playing the game but because the very nature of the game system itself makes it very stressful and difficult to kill someone since it’s all conducted in real-time, it forces the killer to think on their feet and a lot can go wrong which can be very stressful. It’s also very hard to be sneaky especially if there 16+ players. Also, people have the tendency to treat the game like an FM game and read too much into everyone’s posts and even make judgments and accusations based on OOC info rather than IC info.

Just my 2 cents.

4 Likes

But in any case. I’m interested to see where this VLDR thing goes~

2 Likes

Well excluding DR then, which these were fun, God bless Death City. It was so fulled with secret stuff that I still have no idea was the other relics from that game were.

What about the immortality of the crab?

1 Like

inhale
exhale

it literally says in the post it says in the post that this is its own thing forumronpas don’t have roaming phases and i already know this site does danganronpas please i’m going to cry

1 Like

This is not Danganronpa.
This has nothing to do with Danganronpa.
There are no Ultimates, no trials, no executions.
This is completely different.

thank you for understanding

1 Like

What are you thinking for handling the sessions for this? Are you going to do this on Discord or through PMs here? Will the sessions be like concentrated 1-2 hour sessions where everyone is expected to focus on this during that time? Or something like daily timespans where you will drop in here and there to process things? Sorry if you’ve already specified in your OP or other posts, but I couldn’t find this. :ayaya:

3 Likes

I could theoretically do it either way- in Discord or via personalized PM action-submitting chains. Each has pros and cons.

How it’s traditionally done is via concentrated sessions, though they go a lot longer over on the forums. For me, personally, oh god. I ran a VLDR over there and tried to process actions for… like 12 hours straight a day with a few breaks.

…it did not go well

So basically. It’d probably realistically end up being a mix? I’m big ADHD so there’d definitely be times I’d be actively processing things but no biggie on people not being able to be around, the usual deal is that if someone can’t make it during active processing time one day or another, they’re puppetted by the host so things aren’t unfair for them. And then I’d probably swing by and process 1 or 2 of everyone’s actions before returning to something. My life is a mess so I’m doing my best.

And of course timezones ought to be accounted for. I’m not going to be processing actions when the majority of people are asleep because it’s 3 am for them. My timezone is PST, aka it’s… 3:54 PM at the time I’m posting this.

does this answer your question?

2 Likes

Yeah, this basically answers my question and sounds reasonable. I particularly like that you say you’ll puppet the characters for people who can’t make it so it isn’t unfair for them.

2 Likes

i see keldi is learning first hand that reading is hard for the average foler

:curtain:

6 Likes

yeah the funny thing is. it’s also very hard for me apparently, according to my minority rule signups thread. xd

1 Like

i hate it here

2 Likes

ok boomer

You observed I’ve noticed and then you commented on it anyways, BOOMER

It’s always fun to twist the knife and correct someone for being wrong, even if nobody cares.

2 Likes

Welcome to the family (do not check the health conditions thread)

2 Likes

Good

1 Like

Happy late june

1 Like

vldr?
rp-focused vldr?
i am literally foaming at the mouth let me in

5 Likes

F-Flicker? (Not my game)

2 Likes