[RP] Play-By-Post Pathfinder

His eyes narrow. There’s more to the story here.

“Ominous! But you need not be so tight lipped. What is Messire Kaver’s business that he’s having done?”

((In that case, my character will simply accept any defeat coming in his way.))

((This ain’t worth using cantrips over. Not that he can use it discretely in the first place, as he requires visual and somatic components to cast them.))

((Aside from the losses incurred by the card game -I hope this will only go up to 1 link-, should I assume that my lodging also costs 1 link?))

Sat at one of the tables is a man wearing a tired smile. He’s seemingly just enjoying the beetroot soup while watching the card game with a bemused expression.

An observer would note he’s wearing a slightly fancy chest warmer, though nothing nearly as fancy as the strangers who’d arrived earlier. Aside from that, he has plainclothes and a pair of glasses which are slightly crooked. And a pair of goggles on his forehead.

(He’s also got extracts which would probably ping to zone’s detect magic)

2 Likes

Besides the newcomer to the town, there are three others gathered, all of whom look to be in their late teens or early twenties. The one who told the other fellow off for being rude seems to have won the most out of any of them; he’s been watching the other players carefully, paying close attention to their reactions as they first look at their hand. The one who suggested the newcomer was bad at the game is short and a little spindly, with a bit of a silvery shine to his eyes; he also seems to have pulled a profit tonight, but a small one. The last one, who you saw join the game earlier, also seems to be the youngest of the three; he’s got a mop of long, curly hair, and he seems to have lost a bit of money on his first round, but he seems to be enjoying himself. He keeps turning the conversation towards social gossip, and it seems like he’s mostly here because he wants to spend time with his friends.

2 Likes

The young man curls a twist of hair around his finger. “I don’t think he’d want me to say.”

(You get the strong impression that, regardless of what Kaver wants, the man you’re talking to would love to tell you about it.)

[I’ve been assuming that all you all who arrived prior to the Mysterious Strangers have a regular room (hence why the inn is out of rooms) – it comes out to ~2.5 links per person including breakfast and dinner, presuming that you’re sharing rooms. Your losses are really unlikely to go higher than 1 link, even if you Completely suck at gambling – most people here aren’t going to want to wager a whole link, even if they expect you to lose.]

2 Likes

“Of course. I understand…” He makes a pointed pause, then the corner of his mouth crooks slightly.

“I was about to head out on a short walk, personally. If you’d like to join to chat, I’m sure there would be no issues.”

1 Like

(Lionel would, in fact, have a room yes)

(I’m attempting to convince him to talk about it)

When you’ve been sitting there a little while, one of the other young men in the tavern approaches you, looking around nervously. “Pardon me, Messire? My fiancee’s out east and I wanted to send her a letter, would you be willing to take dictation for me?”

He bites his lip again. “I guess that would be alright, as long as we’re not out for too long. …And as long as you don’t tell Messire Kaver.”

He gives a thumbs up and a slight smile before turning to leave.

1 Like

Something caught the masked stranger’s eye. He moved towards the card player wearing scale mail.

1 Like

“I don’t see why not. Alright, but I’d like a quieter place to do this, if that’s okay with you.”

1 Like

The man in scale mail -who introduced himself as Arius to the one who joined the game last- didn’t mind sharing rooms, as it is good to have a roof to sleep under to begin with.

Anyone who would tilt their head towards his backpack could see some long sticks protruding from it, most likely implying that Arius possessed either a small tent or -for whatever reason- literally just some long sticks.

The main reason why Arius chose to stay at the inn is simply food. There were also other reasons such as reconnaissance and making contacts, but nothing motivates mankind more than food. And the inn has some good food.

((One: What’s a copper coin called? Two: Can I roll 1d10 to see how much copper coins I lost?))

Sunset has come, but not yet entirely gone; as you step out into the cold evening air, there’s still some light to see by.

The young man, Savil, lowers his voice, glancing up at you like he’s letting you in on a secret. “Messire Kaver hasn’t told me all the details, but… the baron of these lands is hiding something. I don’t know exactly what it is, but… I think it’s something that could make him look really bad, if it got out. We’re going to find out for sure what it is, and get proof of it, and then everyone will have to see he’s up to no good.”

2 Likes

He nods earnestly. “We could go up to your room? …Or you could come back to my family’s house, if you’d rather?”

[Copper coins are “bits” or “copper bits”. Also, yes, you can do that.]

1 Like

“Very well, your home it is. Lead the way.”

1 Like

@discobot roll 1d10

2 Likes