[RP] Play-By-Post Pathfinder

:game_die: 5

you heal 7 hit points! (or however many you were missing if fewer than 7)

1 Like

Lionel’s expression slowly shifts to one of genuine confusion. No he didn’t get all of that. And… more than he loves alcohol? But, if this is his fiancee… I suppose the relationship has worked so far. Just… maybe doesn’t need that last bit.

“No need to repeat yourself. I’ve gotten it all written down.”

He grins. “Thank you, Messire!”

Wanderer stands up from his meditative stance. Set against the moonlight and the stars, one may take his silhouette to be imposing.

“I appreciate that you came here. (beat) I suppose you may be thinking ‘why did this person call me out to this place in the middle of the night for this conversation?’ To that, I would say ‘because I feel at home discussing things away from prying eyes, since information has its way of spilling out whether you want it to or not.’”

“I reiterate what I have already communicated and express a willingness to work toward, from what I have observed, a common goal.”

1 Like

He nods slowly.

“I see,” he says. “You hardly needed to be so… insistent… but I suppose I would be willing to come to an arrangement, and I agree that discretion is of the utmost importance.”

“It is of no issue. But it’s getting late now, so I’ll be turning in for the night. Hopefully all goes well for you! And if you need further assistance, I should be available tomorrow.”

1 Like

“Have a good night!”

1 Like

(can I sense motive this)

(yes)

@discobot roll 1d20

:game_die: 16

(28)

1 Like

It doesn’t seem like he’s outright lying to you – he’s certainly willing to work with you, and he doesn’t want the details of your work to get out. You get the sense that when he says ‘come to an arrangement’, he means something more like ‘he pays you, you do what he says’ than anything resembling an equal relationship, but he wouldn’t be the first to break a deal if you had one. You also get the sense that he was very surprised to see you, to an unexpected degree, and that, somehow, he’s being sincere when he talks about you being ‘insistent’ about the meeting.

1 Like

“For an arrangement…What do you expect to get out of your mission?”

“If His Lordship is hiding some terrible misdeed, surely it would be better for it to be known.”

(You’re very confident that he’s not being fully honest with you about his motivations.)

1 Like

“Of course.”

Wanderer scratches his chin.

“I express willingness to make an arrangement, but I would like to know more about who I’m dealing with. Could you tell me about yourself?”

“You may address me as Messire Martyn Kaver. I was… acquainted with His Lordship’s father, but regrettably I’ve found His Lordship to share few of his father’s virtues. I venerate Abadar first and foremost, but I consider all the righteous gods to be worthy of respect.”

(Your impression is that this is literally true, but still leaving out important information.)

“And yourself?”

2 Likes

Still in the loft, Drakor closed his eyes and focused on the noises of the tavern around him.

(Let me know when Rabbit enters the loft or when the new day begins)

“I am known as Wanderer. I have given up my name in ritual cause. I serve the interests of Pulura as one of her clerics, though I do venerate the other star gods, such as Desna. It is in serving these interests that I find myself in this country.”