[RP] Play-By-Post Pathfinder

“We’ll need to conduct an investigation.” She looks around your group assessingly. “If any of you have talents that might be useful, we’d be glad of the help, though of course we’ll want you to stay in groups of two at the fewest so we can be sure no one is getting up to any funny business.”

1 Like
Summary

You recognize the name as well – Hasse Holm had regarded it as quite important to stay on top of the upheavals after the new baron inherited the barony, and he mentioned his name in the context of being one of the magistrates who’d been removed. Within the privacy of his own home, he was willing to express concern over how unclear the reasons were (after all, who could say whether the baron would stop at just removing magistrates?), though he’d never have questioned the Baron’s decision publicly.

1 Like

(there goes my plans)

The witness raises her hand up to her upper lip in thought.

{I can’t go in the big group… I’m sure the annoying it’s bad to think like that loud guard would have it be super awkward. So I can’t fit in. And I can’t stay alone.}

She takes a look at all of the people around her.

{I went forward with all of these people here. Maybe I shouldn’t of. But he needed me. And he was innocent. So I had to. That’s just how it is.}

{So… I don’t really want to hang out with people who draw weapons on me-that’d be awkward too, so… I’m kind of running out of options on who to go with…}

{I’ll… just wait till I’m invited. Or I won’t get invited and I’ll go-}

{Hm.}

She walks up to the corpse, and tries to hoist it up.

(Attempting to roll for STR.)

[you don’t need to roll, carrying capacity is ~fixed based on your strength + size (though there are ways to boost it)]

1 Like

(Good. That makes more sense for what she’s trying to do.)

The corpse is too heavy for you to lift off the ground by yourself, but you can drag it along the ground without too much difficulty.

2 Likes

“You.”

She points at Arius.

“Lift him. You owe me for threatening me.”

(She’s not offering to ‘lift together’, she’s asking Arius to take the whole weight.)

The man returns the order with nonchalant gaze. He points at himself, and says: “Me? I don’t know… I may not be a noble, but I don’t recall when vigilance towards strangers had become rebranded as an offensive threat.”

“If it was an acquaintance, then perhaps I could indulge in their request to… ‘lift up a wet, dead corpse of a murder victim, who also happened to be a former magistrate’, bu~t considering you wouldn’t even give me your name…” Arius shrugs with a smug face.

2 Likes

She glares at him.

{I don’t really like explaining. But it’s unfair if I don’t and lash out at someone just because they’re not… able… to figure something out.}

“I’m trying to find out how heavy he is. So we could figure out if this is several people, or find out the relative strength of the person who did it…”

“I’d also like to see if there’s any. Tracks. To show signs of dragging or boot size or if there was several people. But I’m not a hunter. And this is immediately do-able.”

“Please.”

1 Like

((IC:)) (…yeah, I don’t trust that.)

((OOC: That was my genuine first thought. My second thought was to cast Shield before complying, but my third thought laments how doing so would be such a waste of a spell slot.))

The man now has a choice. To comply or to deny. He has the right to do either, and no-one could be mad at him for choosing either choice.

“I will comply if you give me your name, miss…?”

“‘Canary’. Holm. My father owns this stretch of the creek and the land we’re on.”

1 Like

“Ah, why didn’t you say so earlier?” Arius says, as his attitude flipped completely towards Canary.

He then complies with her demands and lifts up the corpse’s body.

((For RP’s sake, I will have Arius continue to maintain vigilance towards Canary in the unlikely event that she ambushes him.))

1 Like

She looks over and under the corpse in an attempt to find any visible wounds, then turns towards Arius.

(Rolling for Perception regarding the state of the body)

@discobot roll 1d20

“Do you think you could, if you really tried, carry the corpse from the temple to here?”

:game_die: 8

Arius measures the weight of the corpse by moving it up and down, before answering: “It won’t be a quick trip, but I think anyone as strong as me should be able to do so.”

He then takes a quick glance at Wanderer, before looking back to Canary and the corpse.

1 Like

“It wasn’t him.” She reaffirms.

And, as if she just noticed how odd it is for two people to walk up to the corpse and begin to weigh it, she sheepishly turns her head towards the floor and says: “You can put it down. Thank you.”

1 Like

Arius nods before complying once more by gently putting the man’s corpse down face-up on dryer soil.

“Then… we can rule out me doing it. Unless I had an accomplice, which makes the whole grouping thing irrelevant anyway.”

“I wasn’t able to lift the corpse, and anyone with knowledge of me would’ve known I was unable to. And we would’ve spotted the tracks of a wheelbarrow or… something similar on the way here.”

Just to double check the verifiability of her statement, she takes a look at the floor in order to try and spot if any wheel tracks were made.

(asking to roll for perception regarding tracks, with more focus on easily identifiable markings.)

“…So I’m trustworthy. Regarding the murder.”

2 Likes

Drakor narrowed his eyes, but slowly removed his hands from the general vicinity of the weapons on his belt, resting then in the steps of his backpack instead.

“Might I approach?” he asked, moving towards the body. “I would like to examine the wounds.”