“-Actually! We should go to the potion one first! They’re…”
She looks blankly forward for a second. “We might as well get the ‘business’ done first.”
“-Actually! We should go to the potion one first! They’re…”
She looks blankly forward for a second. “We might as well get the ‘business’ done first.”
Drakor shrugged. “Lead the way.”
“…provided they’re still open.” She says, not to Drakor in particular.
(Going alone and forest)
Whilst walking over, Canary sighs. Loudly.
{I’m not going to say anything to anyone, but who’s going to tell my father the corpse was in the water he uses. He’s not going to take that very well.}
{Then if anyone mentions I was there, he’s going to be upset I didn’t rush straight to him and bowed my head to my emperor to tell him everything the second I understood the slightest thing.}
Canary sighs. Again. She looks all around in an attempt to poorly conceal her mental annoyance.
“Canary, are you well?” Drakor asked. “You seem… agitated.”
“I’m…”
{I take a second to come up with a…}
“…It’s just the body. I’ve… never seen someone dead before. It’s…”
{…It’s not exactly false. But he’ll think I’m anything but empathetic if I keep not addressing the subject too.}
{I do feel bad. It just… didn’t really effect me beyond that.}
{…}
“…Rough. And sad. And I can’t imagine the two people he left behind are going to have a good week, even disregarding the…”
She trails off.
10
Drakor awkwardly nodded. “That is reasonable.”
He walked in silence for a while, then sighed. “I have seen so much death that I fear I may be becoming desensitized to it. Thank you for the reminder.”
“You look…”
She suddenly stops, then turns to try and make out his figure behind the mask.
@discobot roll 1d20
(perception)
15
“…Pretty… young for that. Being a mercenary or-”
{Ah.}
“…Uhm.”
(Well, there’s no better person to ask about his last whereabouts than his wife, right?)
Lionel approaches Nyna
“Greetings. I understand you’re grieving right now, and I cannot imagine the pain you must be going through. I want to make this right, and I think that requires us to bring the killer to justice.”
He takes a deep breath.
“But I think solving this mystery will require information, and you’re the one who I trust to know his whereabouts right before the time of death the most. So… when was the last time you saw him, if you remember?”
“I am no mercenary,” Drakor said. “But I am no assassin, either.”
He tapped one of his swords lightly. “Like my parents before me, I seek the monsters that would threaten my village and kill them before they can inflict harm. Rest assured, I have no quarrel with you.”
“I would… imagine you wouldn’t take an enemy out on a shopping trip, no.”
She thinks back to something. “What sort of monsters are you hunting?”
“The worst sort,” Drakor said quietly. “The human kind.”
“Is there several?”
“Or just him?”