She nods. “Happy to hel–”
“Leri!” her friend interrupts. “What did I JUST say?”
She nods. “Happy to hel–”
“Leri!” her friend interrupts. “What did I JUST say?”
“They said he was a magistrate, right? He could have started looking into something that would make him a target.” Drakor frowned. “Besides the caravan, do you know of any other visitors or new people in town?”
He turns to match the glare of Savil with an expression of stone. He walks over, never breaking the stare.
“I need to speak to you, because I believe you have an understanding of the Messire that is necessary to resolve this.” For those with a great understanding of people, it’s clear that the Wanderer truly and fully believes that Savil is much more involved in this than he lets on. It’s in the tension and how careful his posture is. It’s in the tone of his voice, careful not to let anything unnecessary out.
“The… guy with the goggles… and the big half orc who constantly talks about his brother.”
She looks down and goes silent.
(Ah… I’d rather not make a new notch and let his work go to waste, so I’ll let that tree fall, even though it will be a mess to drag it out later. For the time being, I suppose I will warn him about the broken branch.)
“Hey Vin! Watch out above you!”
“That’s him!” says Savil frantically to the militia member watching him, not responding to your request. “He’s the one who was asking around about Messire Kaver last night!”
He looks up in confusion, then back at the tree. “Why? It just looks like normal branches.”
(can I sense motive this)
((Preach!
))
((Kudos to that citizen with common sense!
))
Arius calmly approaches Vin and breaks off the broken (or rather, half-broken) branch above his head, and throws it away.
“I get that you are eager to prove your old man that you can do more, but you can’t forget to watch out about your surroundings,” Arius casually says with a smile. He then gestures at the tree. “For instance, did you even notice where the tree you are chopping will fall to?”
Drakor frowned.
(let me know when you’re back)
She slowly looks up from the floor, clutching her head whilst doing so. “Neither seem to fit the profile, based off the shoe prints and their relative strength.”
“If you…”
As she doesn’t want a part in pushing forward a wrong idea, but will happily take some credit if it turns out to be right…
“…really think it’s alchemy, we can go to- -there’s a potion dealer. Who could probably have something that can help in carrying, and we can ask if anyone purchased something like that recently, it- would be a notable purchase. But it’s also possible that the murderer just. Has really small foot prints and is on, but not entirely towards, the stronger side. Or it’s one of the dead man’s companions. Which. I guess would make the ruling of alchemy possibly correct, but it’s not like we could predict-”
She goes silent after realising she’s trailing off.
“…If you think it’s alchemy, we can go check to see if anyone bought any potions from the store that sells them recently.” She concludes.
“I’m not certain that it’s alchemy. But following that lead seems more productive than sticking around here.”
Something occurred to him. “Does your town have any woodsmen or other people who might be able to help us follow the tracks?”
“What tracks?” She asks, plainly.
“Well, the lines in the dirt,” Drakor said. “I can’t really follow them beyond here, but a more skilled tracker might be able to find something.”
She takes a few seconds to debate even talking. “I think they… just lead from here to the creek.”
She points to the massive dent in the floor. “He was attacked here. Probably.”
“Right. But whoever attacked him must have come from somewhere, and that will have left some signs.”
He sighed. “We can head to the store if you want. Worst case, I can go restock on supplies anyways.”
She shakes her head. “I think they might’ve all washed away in the rain.”
“…”
“Uhm. The store? The potion one or the uhm. Regular. Store.”
“Both?” Drakor said. “Are they far apart from each other?”
“They’re not. That far.”
With a hint of hesitation in her voice, she seemingly agrees.
“We can go to both. Which first?”